Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 08-06-2012

Im going to open myself up here properly, but im the type of person that loves to try all the cars out, i enjoy the building and putting a setup on, im just a very average driver so i guess my points are all based on an easy to drive car that may not be the fastest over a single lap but over 5 minutes its ok. Just as an aside i do a huge amount of set up work for a Euro F3 team so i have a rough idea on what setups do before anyone says i dont know what im doing.

The cars are in the order i got them from restarting racing 2ish years ago.

Started back racing with a Cougar SV, lovely car to drive, a bit fragile at the front, re engineered it to B4 bits and it was a great car.

Losi 22 - Very strong could not stop it oversteering, i really struggled with this car.

X6, Loved it, should not of got rid of it, not the fastest car ever but predictable and consistent.

DEX210, the built and set up dream, there was a setup for anyone from the kit. Sold it as i had one of the first and as an average club driver i broke it regularly and could not get spares.

Converted the X6 into a C4.1, very very fast car, not to bad to set up, chassis bent indoors but that was my fault for crashing it not the car. I decided i was not good enough for the car.

Cougar SV2, full circle, love this car, although it has now turned into an engineering challenge as to get a set up i like it is not really an sv2 any more!!! very happy but still not as quick as the c4.1 aover a single lap but for me i will stick with it untill the next car comes along.

As an engineer i would love a vega but we are in the middle of the Euro F3 championship so along with real work not got enough time.

I will still keep trying cars out whatever people say thats the best part of the hobby.

Hope this gives some insight into my rc life, all cars are good for some people its their driving ability and set up ability that swings one way or another fo rthem.

Bring on the kicking!!!

Cheers

Rich
Old 08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Fill all 4 holes with thread lock and then stick pin in before it sets
thanks!
Hyper 9e - MMM
Old 08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
what was the trick to making them last, ready it somewhere here; something to do with applying threadlock to hinge pin somewhere... ?

thanks in advance for your help
i havent done anything to mine since i built it! i havent filled them with thread lock ( although i think its a sound idea) or " bodged" it in any way! like i said they are due for replacment but are not totally shot and would be fine for a few more runs, after 7 months!!
Old 08-06-2012

Well I have to say that I do fancy giving a C4.1 a try, but chassis braces seem a decent bet for me. My fingers dont seem as nimble on the sticks as they used to be, so I will play it safe with the chassis.

The pivot pin 'bodge' seems fair to me. I use a small dab of super glue on the lower front wheel hub pins on my SV2 as they often come loose. Bodge maybe, but effective so who cares?

As Teaboy says above, we quite enjoy the building and excitement of a new car - it can be strangely addictive - so I shall try the 4.1 and see how we go.
Old 17-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

Well I have to say the only problem I had with the 4.1 was a tight gearbox; which is a know problem and easily sorted.

Yes I blinged the car with all the carbon bits, and Centro brass bits.
If its going to be the most expensive 2wd it might as well look the part as well

I did put the carbon braces on to be safe, but if the chassis does bend at least it can be bent back, it it was carbon and it snapped it could be game over for the day!

I swapped from the X6s which was not cutting it anymore for me, and so far I am glad I did.
Old 18-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I ran mine on friday night on a carpet track with jumps and I'm very impressed.

No setup and not on pins and it went really well. I have TD small bores on it at the moment so not ideal. I'll be getting some AE V2's shortly!

The car is so easy to drive you don't really have to think about it
Old 04-07-2012

Guys - just an update. I debuted my Centro (found one on ebay) last Sunday and am so pleased with the change. The car feels much easier to drive and with a base set up courtesy of Gaz Hill and no further messing with set up it was a dream to drive.

Can't wait to refine things. Great fun.
Old 05-07-2012

i like this :-)
Old 23-09-2012

first time out for mine at the LMR gp was very impressed alot easier to drive and handled better then my old sv2
Old 24-09-2012

good new's
Old 01-10-2012

Default C4 1

I raced my C4.1 on sunday at the Worm off road series and wow what a car! This was my first time racing in 8 years after a long time away and managed to put the car 8th on the grid in the A final that is saying something for this kit.