Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 20-06-2010

Default Handful of CAT SX2 Questions...

Ive had a B44 for over a year now and back then the choice was between that and the CAT SX. At the time I read/heard setup issues etc on the SX so thats why I went for the B44.

One year later and the SX2 is out. Im tempted with the SX2, but I personally dont know anyone with an SX2 so any answers from Oople people would be great.

1. Whats the difference between the SX2 PRO (rrp£319) and the SX2 Race (rrp £269) - is there really £50 worth of difference?

2. Is the SX2 easier to setup, adjust, or less setup problems than the original SX? I know with my B44 after a club night of tinkering, Ive hardly had to adjust anything in a year. Where as I know with the SX some club mates spent weeks before they were even near to happy with it.

3. Whats the biggest difference between the SX2 and the SX? Big bores, different materials on a few parts - how do these make the drive better?

4. Does the SX2 uses the same spare parts as the SX? or are they a total different set?

5. For owners for the SX and SX2 - can you tell the difference between the 2 when driving? Im thinking that if they are the same and I want a feel for one I could try out a SX at the club.
Thanks for any answers.
Old 20-06-2010

the diffrence between the 2 is the chassis top deck and shock towers
2.not to sure bout the set up it seems to be quite good out of the box
3.on the sx 2 all the alloy bits have gone piviot plocks stering arms ect i thint it has a thicker chassis and the top deck is diffrent to the sx1
4.nearly every part is the same apart from the front piviot blocks and the sx2 has arms twice as thick and they are very strong since having the sx1 for about 2 months it has had 5 broken arms from minor crashes but the sx2 has hit a wall twice at full pelt and only marked the arms
5.we have the sx1 and the sx2 the sx2 seams to be a better handling car but the sx 1 we have is quit used so its not realy a fair match but i would change the piviot blocks stering arms and get a brace for the front outher than that its a realy good car.
who knew that a 1/18th
buggy could be so fast!!!
Old 22-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonm View Post
Ive had a B44 for over a year now and back then the choice was between that and the CAT SX. At the time I read/heard setup issues etc on the SX so thats why I went for the B44.

One year later and the SX2 is out. Im tempted with the SX2, but I personally dont know anyone with an SX2 so any answers from Oople people would be great.

1. Whats the difference between the SX2 PRO (rrp£319) and the SX2 Race (rrp £269) - is there really £50 worth of difference?

2. Is the SX2 easier to setup, adjust, or less setup problems than the original SX? I know with my B44 after a club night of tinkering, Ive hardly had to adjust anything in a year. Where as I know with the SX some club mates spent weeks before they were even near to happy with it.

3. Whats the biggest difference between the SX2 and the SX? Big bores, different materials on a few parts - how do these make the drive better?

4. Does the SX2 uses the same spare parts as the SX? or are they a total different set?

5. For owners for the SX and SX2 - can you tell the difference between the 2 when driving? Im thinking that if they are the same and I want a feel for one I could try out a SX at the club.
Thanks for any answers.

SX1 is better value, given its purple alloy parts, which are mostly optional on the SX2.

Shp around and you can get an SX1 CF kit (the best one) for £199, or even the Phil Booth pre-built version for £210. Although I would recommend building the kit yourself.

Then, if you want the best of both worlds, buy the big bore shocks (£39.99 per pair), the SX2 wishbones (£6.99 per pair) and, if you're really pedantic, the SX2 CF chassis/top deck and LiPo holder, for £59.99 / £18.99 / £7.99 respectively. SX2 is grossly overpriced compared to SX1 in my opinion, given its relatively poverty spec.

Ordering direct form Schumacher website is the way to go:- dealers rarely offer significant discounts on the SX spares (a couple of quid here and there) and ordering form Schumacher is a very quick (next day delivery via UPS or 1st Class post) and painless process. They also have live stock levels on their site.

I would, however, recommend buying the kit form a dealer, as they are able to significantly undercunt Schumacher direct in that regard. And it's also good for your soul, and for the businesses, to support the businesses to at least that degree.
Old 01-07-2010

Tried to buy a Phil Booth SX, but sadly, the shop who was selling them for £210 are sold out, I tried to order one today....
I suppose I could consider the 199 kit version, are there no differences between the SX1 CF kit for £199, and the Phil Booth pre-built version for £210? Other than the obvious, having to build the blinkin thing!!!!
Ian
Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

Buy a sx2 and upgrade to the alloy bits and the fab!

Then youl have the best car!

But after saying that, the sx2 is great out of the box!
Old 18-08-2010

Default CAT SX2 DELIVERY??

HI, CAN ANYBODY ADVISE ME WHAT THE DELIVERY TIME IS LIKE IF YOU ORDER A PRE-BUILT SX2??