Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 09-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Is Vettel unstoppable?

With three out of four wins and to be honest only tyre wear stopped it (they wont be doing that again) being four is the Red Bull and Vettel unstoppable.
He,s just driving off ahead of the field and his lead already is big. Other cars have bought their improvements to the track and still he just trounces them.
I hope we see someone catch him up soon so the season is not over before it has begun. The finish of last season was the best for years but this looks a completley different story.
Old 09-05-2011

Simple answer yea hahaha
Old 09-05-2011

YES - Simples!!
Old 09-05-2011

seems to be a case of you have to out qualify him really, which unless he makes a mitake is a hard task!

i think schumie can retire again, we have a german dominator already!
Old 09-05-2011

No. Put Hamilton or Alonso in the same car

Clubs
Old 09-05-2011
Mad Member

It's getting to the point where we don't want to bother watching F1 anymore. We are not Vettel fans and he seems to have such a margin that the other drivers just don't stand a chance unless Redbull makes a big mistake.

I am happy for Hamilton, Button or Webber to win, just not that arrogant little German boy.
Old 09-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-h View Post
No. Put Hamilton or Alonso in the same car
Half of the field in the same car would murder Vettel, he is average at best, just has by far the best car at the mo.
Old 09-05-2011

He is, but he is very very good. If you watch his quali lap and then watch some of the in car footage you can see that.

He is a very good driver in a very good car. The winning package at the moment. I wonder if the likes of Button and Webber should qualify only on hard tyres and save all 4 sets of soft for the race. They can let the field spread whilst they run hard tyres and then with the fuel dropping off they can put in 4 super quick stints using DRS to eliminate their much worse track position.
Old 09-05-2011

DELETED

Last edited by jhammond; 08-06-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

His only shortcoming is overtaking. He can put in a fantastic qualifying lap he can put in very fast laps when out in the lead on his own but under pressure with cars around him he may not have shaken off the habit he had last year of colliding with anyone he tries to overtake.
Sadly for this to happen someone has to get ahead of him first unless everyone pits and waits for him to come round then knock the crap out of his car. Sooner or later will JB or Lewis take one for the team
Old 09-05-2011

Unfortunately, as has been the case for years winning Grand Prix is 90% down to the cars.
The margin that Red Bull have over everyone else appears to be huge, and all we can hope for right now to make the season more interesting is some unreliability from them like we've seen in the past.

Vettel is a good driver, but if you get the likes of Kubica, Hamilton, Alonso or even Rosberg in the same car then he certainly wouldn't be having things all his own way. You have to wonder how Webber struggles so much, or why Red Bull keep him on when he appears to be a second rate driver - they must have other drivers queuing up to drive.
i reckon they should give Paul Di Resta a drive next year.
Old 09-05-2011

Get him up the armco, that will take the wind out of his sails
Old 09-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggareth View Post
Unfortunately, as has been the case for years winning Grand Prix is 90% down to the cars.
The margin that Red Bull have over everyone else appears to be huge, and all we can hope for right now to make the season more interesting is some unreliability from them like we've seen in the past.

Vettel is a good driver, but if you get the likes of Kubica, Hamilton, Alonso or even Rosberg in the same car then he certainly wouldn't be having things all his own way. You have to wonder how Webber struggles so much, or why Red Bull keep him on when he appears to be a second rate driver - they must have other drivers queuing up to drive.
i reckon they should give Paul Di Resta a drive next year.
I think you've answered your own question, they don't want two drivers taking each other out (like last year haha) or competing too much as the championship gets harder if they're sharing points all the time, it's always best to have someone who's going to dominate and a 2nd driver to be consistent...

Webber is miles off though, i know last year he beat Vettel in a few races but on pace Vettel is so much faster, just like Hamilton is against Button....

I would love to see Lewis in that Red Bull just to see what he could do with it! No doubting Vettel is good, but his stupid 1 finger "Number 1" Gesture after every P1 and race win DO MY HEAD IN - He just comes across as such a toooooooooool, he is just not and never going to be "cool" if you know what i mean.... as for the stupid things he says over the radio, that's just as annoying too.....
Old 09-05-2011

I bumped into him at a GP last year and because Buemi signed my piece of paper first he flat out refused to sign it, ergo I cant stand the arrogant little man

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 09-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I'm bored with Vettel too. Much prefer watching Lewis or Jenson.
Old 09-05-2011

The question you should really be asking is "Is Adrian Newey unstoppable?"

It's 90% the car.

He's not dominating as much as Button was 2 years ago, and that was the car too.

Having said that, there's still only about 10 drivers in the world who could beat him in the same car.

SilverstoneRCMCC
Old 09-05-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

I don't like him and I'm definitely not his fan (same goes to Alonso), but it's as it is he's got best car on the grid and he can drive it. Seems like lethal combination and unless something will go wrong like last season it will be way too easy for him to win second time in a row.
Old 09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1END View Post

It's 90% the car.

He's not dominating as much as Button was 2 years ago, and that was the car too.

Having said that, there's still only about 10 drivers in the world who could beat him in the same car.
agreed
Old 09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1END View Post

It's 90% the car.

Double agreed.

I hope Newey is being paid more than the drivers, as he's the real reason for Red Bulls domination. He's a legend.

To be honest i'd love to see Button doing well again cuz he's such a top bloke. Sadly he's playing second fiddle to Hamilton who's a massive TOOL.
Old 09-05-2011

tbh i remember not long ago another german driver that was winning most of the races and look at the mistakes he was doing