Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 21-11-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Mardave Cobra right, Pete got it right, it had active rake.... and was as soft as a banana...
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
Matty if you hit a vega hard enough to bend it you would have snapped about 3 stock plastic chassis . Everything Rc can be bent in the event of a mega crash (rare!) are you trying to say they are not fit for purpose?
I'm not saying that at all. Anything you can eat your cornflakes out of at a national, and bend it back in time for practice has got to be fit for purpose.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Think it all comes down to, if you want to be fast buy a C4.1.

If your going to crash and moan about it get a durango/22 etc

All this moaning, starting to sound like a bunch of touring drivers.

A fast car will be fragile, and as seen at this years nationals its very fast.
At last someone who talks sense
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Aren't forums great for snowballing negativity . Blown out of proportion rubbish.

I can hyper analyse any 2wd car on the market, and find fault, criticise it negatively and watch it snowball. Heck I broke 3 chassis on my B4.1 in 4 meetings and im not a bad driver, I just replaced it and carried on, there was no need to whinge, no need to even go public except now in defense of the C4.1.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
The cml last years drivers would have had the same results I think with a cougar/ 22 / b4 / cobra etc lol
They didn't the year before with the B4 and all the other teams have been developing their cars in that time.
I think the highest one was 7th in 2010 so the C4.1 has made them faster this season. From someone looking in from anouther team and racing against them there quicker with the c4.1 in my opinion!
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
They didn't the year before with the B4 and all the other teams have been developing there cars in that time.
I think the highest one was 7th in 2010 so the C4.1 has made them faster this season. From someone looking in from aouther team and racing against them there quicker with the c4.1 in my opinion!
yes because they are now running mid motored, which we all know is quicker, if they had been 7th with mid motor to jump to top 3 then id say its a improvement
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

[QUOTE=mattybucks;584855]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
Are you sure about that?

From the information I was told yes. unless you can shed light

I don't have to shed any light on it, your the one who made such a bold statement.

So when speaking to Durango team members at the last Worksop meeting they told me that wheels where not available.

When was the last Worksop meeting, I've had them in stock for a good couple of weeks.
It was the 6th Nov and I heard the same thing.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie View Post
Instead of moaning ive done this

Needs a little more tinkering but the ides there. Bits i used were
4 x Ball studs
2 x Rc12l4 battery posts
2 x T4 Turnbuckles
I dont have a C4.1 but this is what i would do to stop the bending but retain most of the flex, or even one single one center mounted straight back to the gearbox and retain even more flex.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 21-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
i know whos ran them before the production kits were released Alec and some of those guys that did , were average drivers .
i have yet to see a bent chassis and asses as to how it was caused . if it is an issue it will get resolved one way or another

Think my original post has been taken totally out of context, this response from wez is exactly what i wanted to hear to reasure me. I was quick to comend you on how fast you dealt with the missing screws.
This post is honestly not meant as a good moan, just not my nature.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUpton View Post
yes because they are now running mid motored, which we all know is quicker, if they had been 7th with mid motor to jump to top 3 then id say its a improvement
I was just replying to the comment about them being able to do what they did with a B4 which I don't think they could so there must be an improvement

If it was a simple as a mid motor car is always quicker don't you think AE, Tamiya and Kyosho would have a mid motor car out by now?

Ye on high grip astro there is an advantage to be had with the handling characteristics of a mid motor car but if it rains or the track has inconsistent grip levels that advantage swings the other way.
Which is probably why Durango/Losi spent so much time and money developing a car that can be run in both formats.
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Bloody Hell Chris, 3 snapped chassis on your B4.1 !!
In all my years of racing, the one thing I've never broke / bent or damaged is a chassis on any car

Hand on heart, do you think the C4.1 chassis / material is up to the job given how much hammer these things get ?
Are you going to make a front brace ?

I'm still undecided, being looking at pictures to see if I could make a top deck / brace

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 21-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Hasn't this been locked yet!
Chinese whispers........
And anyone who's moaning about bending a chassis to the point where they have to start all this off should either learn to drive or maybe don't get the most from there cars with any good results.
A bent chassis wouldn't bother me if my car performs as well as they have been I'd just but a new one with no problems!
Don't get me wrong it's not a cheap hobby anyone who thinks they can start it without it costing a bit really needs to re think the hobby!
What sort of a statement is that? are you saying then unless your perfect ( obviously you must be ) then these cars aren't suitable for you?
It's idiotic statements like this that cause far more problems than me asking a simple question.
To be honest i'm far more interested in wez's reasuring response than this type of crap.
Just for the record my chassis has also bent.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Getting back on topic of the chassis bending.
I'm sure if CML find there is a problem they will sort it out but I know there have been very few problems with the proto cars all season.

How I see it is everyone knew what the car looked like, theres been people looking at them all year and loads of photos. Because they have been winning people want them which is understandable.

They chose a soft material to gain grip/flex which is probably why it seems to work so well in the wet so just enjoy the car
Ive seen loads of chassis break/bend over the years on all types of cars but never seen a thread like this.

Just out of interest if you could get a harder material chassis that wouldn't bend but was say .3 sec a lap slower would you run that instead?
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Bloody Hell Chris, 3 snapped chassis on your B4.1 !!
In all my years of racing, the one thing I've never broke / bent or damaged is a chassis on any car

Hand on heart, do you think the C4.1 chassis / material is up to the job given how much hammer these things get ?
Are you going to make a front brace ?

I'm still undecided, being looking at pictures to see if I could make a top deck / brace
Yup, broke one after another at first two meetings, then another a few meetings later! Ive never before broken a chassis ever ever ever! The first one was due to a foot on the straight I hit flatout, but after that I have no idea, just taken front bumper off and plastic fallen out.. So I went to a T4 chassis (yes very long), original material not .1... had a B4.1 chassis back on for round 1 of Chadderton, it was new and it survived.

Yesterday I bounced off the wall atleast 4 times... and I was hitting the jump rythem section fully committed... the car took a beating mate and survived. Jimmy's ruler found a slight bend, I didn't feel it on the track, I finished every run, and the bend was put straight with literally a 5 second bend across my own knee.... I consider that a result, as I would have been carrying my B4.1 home in shards of plastic but the C4.1 finished every run unaffected!!!
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

I think yes I would run the stronger car and find .3 somewhere else
They bent in my eyes the first time I saw a photo!
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Then with all due respect, you've justified the car isn't for you so pick another car and stop trolling this thread.

All the info is here now, people can make there own decisions. Give CML chance to consider & react properly, they're a top notch company as they keep demonstrating.

In the meantime, im making a brace... I can leave it in for high grip, remove for low grip.... a setup option!!
Old 21-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
Getting back on topic of the chassis bending.
I'm sure if CML find there is a problem they will sort it out but I know there have been very few problems with the proto cars all season.

How I see it is everyone knew what the car looked like, theres been people looking at them all year and loads of photos. Because they have been winning people want them which is understandable.

They chose a soft material to gain grip/flex which is probably why it seems to work so well in the wet so just enjoy the car
Ive seen loads of chassis break/bend over the years on all types of cars but never seen a thread like this.

Just out of interest if you could get a harder material chassis that wouldn't bend but was say .3 sec a lap slower would you run that instead?
.3 of a sec would not make any difference to me, not the lines i take anyway i bought the car cause i like associated stuff, i like mid motor, and generally like the car overall.
EVEN AFTER THIS ISSUE I STILL LIKE THE CAR.
I wouldn't have noticed the chassis until as i said i heard someone else mention it.
Someone has already posted pics of a possible remedy, these are the kind of replies i was hoping for, not just to be negative. Cheers
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Hey Chris
I never said the cars for me! And you don't have to own to comment on here!
I got dragged in by mattybucks slagging the vega ( my car ) 210 is ace also) which was out of order. I have no reason to but in or out just saying it how it appears to me.... Where's the problem with that? Others say it!
Cheers
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterdean View Post
.3 of a sec would not make any difference to me, not the lines i take anyway i bought the car cause i like associated stuff, i like mid motor, and generally like the car overall.
EVEN AFTER THIS ISSUE I STILL LIKE THE CAR.
I wouldn't have noticed the chassis until as i said i heard someone else mention it.
Someone has already posted pics of a possible remedy, these are the kind of replies i was hoping for, not just to be negative. Cheers
Thats all that matters if you like the car
Most people probably wouldn't tell the difference if the chassis was slightly tweaked anyway.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
@ Alec,

I little bird told me that Mossy and Danny snapped chassis at Kiddy over the weekend.

Think you should sort your car out before posting here...... LOL!!!

@wezzer,

I think I tried to tell everyone that in post 6 mate, although its was really late when I wrote it
To be fair Danny did hit the stack of blue boxes on the grass strip by race control flat out and with a little nudge from Simon: as they went down the straight side by side.
Simon broke the rear T plate on the back of the chassis, which could happen to anyone as it wasn't uncommon to do this on the XXXCR.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk