Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 26-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to savageracer1

TC worlds in 2010 have just been alowed lipos to be used: http://www.redrc.net/2009/08/lipo-ap...championships/ so off road might be next

Radio Racers Team Driver----Blue Lightning RC Products
www.radio-racers.co.uk
www.bluelightningrcproducts.com
Old 27-08-2009

I don't know what to think but, I am sure there are safer countries for this.. Personally I don't think I'd go even getting paid. That's my personal opinion only.
Old 01-09-2009

Follow the same rules as you do in the UK, plan well ahead, have a good tour guide/driver, don't walk or drive at night if you can help it and you should be fine.

Can't see myself being too keen to go to a Westham game anytime soon, and that was in the civilised UK?

There are bad places in every country, don't generalise the whole country, else you could generalise the whole of the UK as being full of hooligans?

I wish the event organiser and entrants the best of luck.

Please make sure you get someone to video the races!
Old 01-09-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Follow the same rules as you do in the UK, plan well ahead, have a good tour guide/driver, don't walk or drive at night if you can help it and you should be fine.
I wouldn't say you need a tour guide or a driver in the UK, as bad as some parts of major cities are i would still be happy to go for a night out in Manchester /Liverpool/ London etc. As long as you dont go down back streets ( basically looking for trouble) you will be fine. I know it is different in SA and i am going again in another 3 weeks. Its beautiful but very dodgy and having a security guard doesn't really put you at ease, it highlights the fact you might get dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Can't see myself being too keen to go to a Westham game anytime soon, and that was in the civilised UK?
West ham and Millwall football clubs have fanbases which go looking for trouble, Millwall have a bad history and West ham are full of cocks, for instance when their manager (Glenn Roeder) had to resign due to a brain tumour he got death threats from the west ham fans, who loved him the week before Your not missing much by not going to west ham.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 04-09-2009

WHAT A BUNCH OF GIRLS!!!! My name is Morné...and I survive South Africa....damn...Ill even say, stuff the rest of the world...this is the best country in it anyway yes we have 11 official languages AND the sexiest woman on earth (check your FHM or sports illustrated if you dont believe me).
Old 04-09-2009

here are some pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pretoria in spring.jpg (35.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Jackeranda trees.JPG (116.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Union Buildings.jpg (49.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg CBD.jpg (66.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Hatfield Square.jpg (32.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Trap.jpg (51.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-09-2009

...and if you get here and you are a scardy-cat, Pretoria is the Capital of SA and houses all the embassies. I'm sure they'll let you bunk in one of your bomb shelters
Old 04-09-2009
Super Moderator

I like those pics

G
Old 04-09-2009

Of all the comments posted here how many of you have actually travelled to South Africa. The comments you chaps are making how many of you can back it up with proof. Yes we have crime in this country, but hey I can get on a bus and I don't have to worry about being blown away by some terrorist bomb or work in an office and don't worry about a plane flying into it cos my country has occupied some froeighn land. I'm not at war with any country and I don't have to go to some foresaken desert to babysit my presidents oil wells even though I don't believe in it. I can go to a sporting event, music concert and won't get beaten by a mob of drunken louts calling themselves supporters or fans. Yes I have crime in my beautiful country, but I look at the positives not the negatives. I live in South Africa where in a matter of minutes I can move from a 1st world city to a landscape filled with the beauties of nature and wildlife roaming free in vast tracks of land not behind a cage or stuffed and mounted on a stand in a museum. So before you comment again on what is South Africa come see it for yourself you'll be pleasantly surprised, oh and bring your little toy and come experience an IFMAR World Event like no other.

To the chaps from Germany, Japan, Poland Thailand and Israel who have registered, congratulations on seeing through all this nonsense mentioned by people who haven't even left their own suburb let alone city. You are the true ambassadors of this great past time.

To the current world champs who don't seem to be coming, thanks for dissapointing all your fans in not defending your titles. Can we call you World champs or maybe Chumps, the world doesn't only revolve around 2 continents.

Enuf said I'm going racing...
Old 04-09-2009
Administrator

Well said!
Old 04-09-2009

AMEN to that Cannonball, Not to mention we compete in REAL sport here where being the World Champions of the Universe based on Newtonian physics actually means beating other nationalities...LOL. So yes, if they only want to compete against there fellow world Chumpions of the universe, let them...the real competitors will battle each other in the real world
Old 04-09-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

I'm sure calling other countries and are people names will help your cause greatly,but we have all spoken to the top lads that aren't going, and questioned them as to why,most of them don't want to be threatened with guns like they did last time they went,it seems thats just to much wonder why,
Old 04-09-2009

People have to fight to keep their world larger!
If you don't go to SA because of preconceived notions of it being dangerous you are being small minded.
Sure there are areas and even cities in SA that wouldn't be my choice to go to but come on Pretoria... give your heads a shake.
SA is hosting the World Cup are fans not going to go because its there? No!

Expand your horizons and go to one of the most beautiful countries on earth.

If it is too expensive in a lean year just admit that as being the case and don't put it on the fact it is in SA.

Fight to keep your world view larger!
Old 04-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

agreed there is no need for any name calling, thats just plain childish and isnt a great advert for your country

Isnt it the teams (sponsors) decision as to whether they send drivers or not ?

I would love to go but a) am not good enough and b) cant afford it
Old 04-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
I would love to go but a) am not good enough and b) cant afford it
I'm the same with b) - I haven't even attended euros last 2 years because of that.
Old 04-09-2009

Hopefully that list gets bigger soon, Worlds isn't to far away
Old 04-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
I'm sure calling other countries and are people names will help your cause greatly,but we have all spoken to the top lads that aren't going, and questioned them as to why,most of them don't want to be threatened with guns like they did last time they went,it seems thats just to much wonder why,
PLS!!!!!!!! in 30 years i have never been threatened by gun or knife for that matter. you sir are the prime example of what im referring to. Next...Screw the "top Lads" they should come so they could be tought a lesson in life...never mind Rc. finally, there is no need for me to feel the need to promote my country. milions of people who have ACTUALLY come here know how awesome it is and how pathetic these claims are. no money...COSTS? i get not being able to go to Europe...really, but do you know that the Dollar/Rand exchange rate is almost 10/1?, thats AWESOME for you...hell i wish i had that kind of money here...ill be rich. that translates into $10 for a 5 star meal....damn LOL

"threatened with guns like they did last time"....what a joke, like it happens without distinction... name calling!?!?!? you sir are dissing my country!
Old 04-09-2009

Old 04-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
no money...COSTS? i get not being able to go to Europe...really, but do you know that the Dollar/Rand exchange rate is almost 10/1?, thats AWESOME for you...hell i wish i had that kind of money here...ill be rich. that translates into $10 for a 5 star meal....damn LOL
You're funny - when I was in UK visiting my uncle I was looking the same way - fast food was after conversion to my currency was damn expensive as well. As I said money are also quite big problem for some of us - you're not alone who can't afford travelling abroad and race there anytime you want.
Old 16-09-2009

Name calling is not productive.

I've been to SA. 10 days, loved it, no trouble.

I almost got mugged in Florida in 2003, and I know several people that did, but every man and his dog ('top drivers') wants to go to the US to race!

Hypocritical.

It's a shame, and I congratulate the new world champions! You have to be in it to win it, and that means that this championship is as relevant as any other.