Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

Default Magazines

It seems to me a lot of fuss over one issue.
Sometimes you will find stuff you really like sometimes not.
I personally was very excited to read about Mini-Z Honest
BTW did you know there is a Mini-z UK championship event this year?

Some months i prefer racer some months i prefer RRCI it all depends on how much there is about Kyosho and who sends me a free copy.

Did I mention there is a Mini-z championship In November?

I really like Dez for what he has done for the hobby over the years and was sad that he is not involved at RRCI any more but i will give my full support to any one who promotes Mini-Z in the UK.

I personally am looking forward to the first Uk Mini-z championship which will likely be at Ardent raceway.

I love Oople too its my first choice forum i love the 1/10th electric scene its so fast and radical and Jimmy is the best. Its cool just like the mini-z champs in November will be.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

BTW did i mention about the Mini-z Champs?

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Did some say theres a Mini-z championship this year?
Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

I am not ashamed to admit I have a run once Ferarri Enzo Mini-Z sitting he ready to race. When is that championship?
Old 09-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Bring back TQ magazine.... oh, hold on, that died many moons ago, as it was a purely 'racing' mag.

The current mags just need to strike a better balance, and maybe be a little more 'honest' in their reviews.
Old 09-07-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
I am not ashamed to admit I have a run once Ferarri Enzo Mini-Z sitting he ready to race. When is that championship?

Hah Carl thats true but you seem to be ashamed to admit you actually own one.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 09-07-2010
Mad Member

Look out for Press release soon.

looking at 20th November at present.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 09-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Bring back TQ magazine.... oh, hold on, that died many moons ago, as it was a purely 'racing' mag.
What happened to RCMC, did that morph into Racer?
Old 10-07-2010

Default A right to relply...? :)

Hi guy's,
I appreciate all the comment's and thought I should give you the 'Low Down' from my end: -

At no point have we as a magazine ever said race reports are not valid or wanted content. We do however have constraints on what's fresh reading and close to our copy and publishing date, for example would you pay to read a report that's over a month or more old, and has been on various web sites since the day after it was run?

The criticism of Worksop was it only got 3 pages, well that's all that was submitted to be used, so as I have suggested in my Startline this issue, and has been said in the past by Dez, if you are at an event or meeting and want to contribute to the hobby as a whole feel free to do so, but in a style that you feel is interesting to fellow readers.

I am happy that a bigger percentage of the magazine is race reports if they are submitted by the relevant sections, but there has to be a balance of reviews, reports and sorry to say advertising. Without the latter the magazine would not exist and that's a reality.

As for review content, we are limited to what manufacturers and distributors supply for review and it's a month on month thing. This limitation aside, RRCi always gives the magazine as big a cross section of scales, classes and 'interests' as possible. August had, 1/28th, 1/18th, 1/12th, 1/10th, and 1/8th how much more of a comprehensive spread can you get?

Each issue will feature at least 6 full reviews, and each one get the same 6 pages, regardless of price point or class. This is because they are all just as relevant to the hobby and it's moving forward. Just because you may not like say a Mini z what makes it any the less important to RC?

RTR is a huge sector of the market and without these models, the more race spec kits just wouldn't exist, yes the majority of reviews currently are RTR, but that a fact of life and of the industry as a whole, RTR and kits work in symbiosis together to keep the hobby developing. For every top end kit, manufacturers sell hundreds of RTR versions as they are accessible, affordable and can be upgraded easily when the time is right. Most newcomers start with a RTR, then move onto a kit build as their skills, and driving improves, the days of kit only cars are long gone...another factor is cost, without the RTR version of your favourite car, truck, buggy or rig the kit would be very much more expensive to buy!

My goal as ever with RRCi is to produce the best magazine possible every month, we will never please everyone, but that's a given, but anyone wanting to contribute can do so and feel free, it's the whole point of the magazine, there's an open invitation in every start line to submit content and get involved.

Finally, and here's where I do stand on my soapbox:- Racecar is a historic title, and goes right back to 1981, the name is important to both the publisher and everyone involved, but it's not always covered 100% 'Race Cars', unless we treat with respect the RTR, niche, new, interesting, different and fun aspects of the hobby, like crawling, drifting, speed events and dare I use the word 'Bashing' how can we encourage new, young blood into the racing ranks?

Diversity is a good thing and encourages growth, what gets someone into the hobby for leisure leads on to other thing's...and like all those who tend to dismiss or knock aspects of the hobby they don't 'get', maybe it's time to have a go and you may just surprise yourself how much fun you can have...with a Mini z or dare I say it a 'Crawler'...

Next month there's the LRP 1/8th electric Truggy, the Cougar SV, 1/10th Kyosho Short Course and loads more...all racing cars! so maybe thats more to the 'Race car' enthusiasts tastes! but that's what came in for review last month ...As for more kit builds and race spec...what was the F60, X10-Link, X11 in August? 3 out of 6 reviews aint bad, at leat 3 of Septembers reviews are kits and the same if not more with Octobers issue (including the Blitz ESE)...

bestones and mail me if you do want your input...

mp
Old 10-07-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCi.madpete View Post
... if you are at an event or meeting and want to contribute to the hobby as a whole feel free to do so, but in a style that you feel is interesting to fellow readers.
Nice reply, Pete.

I am, however, confused about a whether or not your mag employs journo's who are racers, rely upon people who are there to submit reports or send a journo who doesn't race to attend and report?
Old 10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Nice reply, Pete.

I am, however, confused about a whether or not your mag employs journo's who are racers, rely upon people who are there to submit reports or send a journo who doesn't race to attend and report?
The problem is that anyone 'racing' usually wants to concentrate 100% on just that without the distraction of taking pics, tech charts and the like.

We at RRCi have a wide cross section of 'Contributors' from all walks of life and who are racing, bashing even aghh 'crawling' every weekend. Theres nothing set in stone, reports are submitted by anyone who wants to do so and is at that event. I haven't the budget or team to cover every event, I wish I did. Reports are submited by those individuals that take time out to inform the readership about an event, and I respect them all for that.

For example, we have a 6 page Worlds Drift report in the next issue, it's the first ever Worlds and a brit won! The report was submitted the day after the event finished and my hat goes off to J.Turner for doing so, it's not easy to do, and even harder to make it read fluidly and be interesting, funny and informative.

As ever, if you feel anything needs coverage, and it fits in with copy and print dates, then I'm all ears!!

best regards

mp
Old 10-07-2010
BANNED

Thanks for that Pete, looking forward to that stuff.

I've started deleting some of the stuff in this thread now, as it's just users mis-reading and picking at each others comments in an attempt to be controversial.

The forum is not moderated on the whole, but sometimes when dumb stuff gets posted it has to go.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Thanks for that Pete, looking forward to that stuff.

I've started deleting some of the stuff in this thread now, as it's just users mis-reading and picking at each others comments in an attempt to be controversial.

The forum is not moderated on the whole, but sometimes when dumb stuff gets posted it has to go.

I will apologise to RRCi and Racer for all the mix up, as I said I started the thread purely from an opinion.

Old 10-07-2010
Mad Member

Well im glad everyone kissed and made up.

In case you missed it we are having a Mini-Z Uk championship on the 20th of November at Ardent raceway.

They are race cars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kyosho%20MiniZ.jpg (30.3 KB, 15 views)

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 11-07-2010

Lol nice plug