Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 23-02-2012

Get yourself over to Frankley this Sunday. A round of the winter series. Should be a decent turn out and there'll be plenty of people to chat to for advice plus it's only a short trip.
Old 23-02-2012

Where is Frankley mate?
Old 23-02-2012

Juntion 4 of the m5. ill b there :-)
Old 23-02-2012

I have run

Xray 808 09-10
and
Agama A8

1st I want to say-I was supported to drive both buggies at one point in the last 2 years. So there is no motivation of 1 brand more than the other.

They are both great cars, and have been super reliable for me. The Xray Quality is top notch and the Agama is very close too. Durability- both about the same in my view, the Agama wears a touch more but a lot better than most brands out there at the moment. Driving, the Xray felt maybe a touch more stable over a given 20 mins race. It was easy to push hard, but I find the Agama can be pushed harder and will put in faster laps. They both react well to small setup changes too, and both have great parts support.

If you went with the Xray you will not be disappointed, I had a 09 and a 10 spec and loved it. The only reason I changed to Agama was to try something new. If you choose Agama you will be very happy with it, there are a lot of Guys that travel to most races-like Ian says. And parts are easy to get hold on-Not that you need them though! I loved being part of the Nemoracing team, great bunch of guys. And always willing to help at meetings, and have there own great forum.

Either one you choose you will be happy with, the new XB9 Does look good so it will be a tricky choose. In my view, I would go back to Agama if I was starting up again.