Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-06-2013

Never thought about handling effects. Problem is you can pretty much enter any road car into rallycross if it meets entry requiments on engine size. Then how would you chose the list of shells?

My Trade Feedback
Old 03-06-2013

On shells(again..!)I would suggest any body that was used generally for the real thing..

I don't seem to remember a Mazda speed six EVER doing rallyx..
Old 05-06-2013
Mad Member

I think that whatever regulation you put in place, there will always be someone who argues about using a particular shell.

How about a few simple rules to try and prevent this?

1 - Minimum height of the lowest point of the shell to be say 15mm? Would help reduce people slamming their shells on the deck to try and gain an aerodynamic advantage. Additionally all shells to be cut out to the manufactured lines - if none are visible the shell must be cut out as its full size counterpart. Also no removal of rear panels (this raised it's ugly head before in scale rallycross with people running RS200's and totally removing the rear panel).

2 - Any shell not manufactured as a rally / rallycross shell would need to be supported by photographic proof that the full size car was used in rally / rallycross competition. Even then the shell would have to be cut in accordance to make it a replica of a rally shell.

Yes - I have seen a Ferrari 308GTB used in a rally - but hopefully rule 1 would help negate any advantage gained .

I'm no expert on this subject - I'm just throwing some ideas into the pot.
Old 05-06-2013

I wouldn’t worry too much about body shells. The handling on my TC3 (Orange Focus on the last page) is that shocking that completing a lap without a major bail is an achievement. No TC body is going to help that

Guidelines on scale look and banning anything from the BRCA TC body list would probably suffice. I think that’s all the rules for those Czech run after your car RC rally events say.
Old 07-06-2013

Don't think it is an issue. Assuming a track with features and bumps,15mm probably wont cut it, and thus wouldn't need to be a rule.

I propose WRC shells only.

Old 18-06-2013

Default 'RA10' rally car

http://www.youtube.com/embed/LsVGUagiOEs (Sorry can't seem to embed this!)

Has anyone come across this?

Its a home conversion of an SC10 4x4 into a 1/10 scale rally car from Korea. (Originally from here: http://cafe.daum.net/realcircuit/) From what I can gather the center section of the SC10 has either been shortened or removed entirely and suspension parts from either an OTA R31 or MST drift car have been used to get it to standard 1/10 rally dimensions. It also uses Team C front buggy shocks.

To me this seems a better way to go about making a rally car as the longer shocks and front kick up should give better off road handling. It also benefits from a sealed drivetrain. Shortened B44 with TC6 suspension parts could be neat!

Last edited by Col; 05-08-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2013

Couple of Videos and Pic from the last round at kidderminster.

Video 1

Video 2

Old 05-08-2013
Mad Member

Looks great! Thats a good reason to get a XV01 rally chassis if ever I noted one..
Old 05-08-2013

So when and where is the first rallycross meeting!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2013
Mad Member

If anyone is interested my Group B Audi S1 replica is going up for sale.

It was built as a bit of fun (and trust me it's immense fun) but it needs to make way to finance something else.

Pictures can be seen in post #29 of this thread. Comes with a few spare suspension parts and some wheels / tyres - but I am going to sell it minus the electrics as I need these I'm afraid.

PM me if interested - was thinking about the £100 mark as the shell cost half this alone (with paint and graphics).