Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 14-08-2013

Default Yokomo YR4 Diff options

Does anyone know if there are any more 'modern' differential options for the Yok YR4 touring car? I was hoping that the diff pulley and plates from a more modern car would fit the outdrives. Any thoughts?
Old 16-08-2013
Mad Member

I think you may be able to adapt the Tamiya pulleys and rings, there is a guy on 10talk that has just fitted Tamiya rings to ZD500 or ZD501 outdrives on a Masami replica!
Not sure on tooth count, but the rings for sure fit, but yes buying vintage Yokomo diff parts can be very costly indeed!

lee
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

The problem is the 35T diff pulleys. Most other manufacturers standardised on 32T pulleys back then, which meant they were pretty much interchangeable between cars, including later Yokomos, but not much help unless you are going to source shorter belts to go with the common diff pulleys.

Tamiya make a 35T pulley for the TRF415, you could see if that fits. Alternatively if the Tamiya pulley doesn't fit the Yokomo diff halves just drop the whole Tamiya diff into the YR4. I haven't got a TRF415 diff to try out, but I know a TA04/TA05 diff and Xpress diff will fit straight into the gearbox and will fit the 35T pulley.