Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 26-07-2011

Me again, been away so catching up on posts. The chassis they have (as I stated before) is definatly mine. what they have is a striped of all its purple annodising works chassis. As mentioned holes would need to be made to use as a topcat or cougar 1/2 team chassis. I guarentee that it is a works chassis as it is what I sent them (wish I had'nt but there u go!)

Scott(CATS)

PS I have some pics somewhere on my work computer of the actual chassis they have just so you can all see what they have (will se if I can find them!). There are no extra holes in the chassis they have, it is 100% cougar 2 works with the extended holes in the rear and the cut outs on the rear transmission section to allow for the works rear suspension arms
Old 27-07-2011

Right right, they didn't seem to spot those differences when I sent them a bunch of pics of a standard Cougar chassis.
Not heard anything back in the past week but the last thing I sent them was a suggestion to only drill the front 2 holes for the gearbox section so people that have the works version can drill their own. Same goes for the Top Cat and Club 10.
Old 27-07-2011

Hi chaps, not meaing to stick my nose in here, but you might be worrying unecessarily as its the actual mould that can not be changed once done - everything else (hole positions etc) can be done differently each time - if you provide details/measurements to FL.

So as long as the shape of the chassis from TopCat to Works has remained constant - which i think it has - then you'll be golden.

This means that you can also change electronic/cell locations use stick or saddle packs etc etc, in fact you can do whatever you like within the bounderies of the mould
Old 03-08-2011

OK, an update.
Things appear to be going well and they are almost ready to make the actual chassis with the mould pretty much done. Once that is done, though, they still have to work out how to machine it. If they can manage to work that out then maybe we can start looking into getting some orders in.
I have told them to leave the holes for others to add with regards to the gearbox but that is looking a little far ahead right now I think.
Old 03-08-2011

Quote:
So as long as the shape of the chassis from TopCat to Works has remained constant - which i think it has - then you'll be golden.
As I mentioned previously the works chassis IS different. It has sections cut out for the rear suspension clearance.

CATS has stated that it is the "Works" chassis they have. So unless McMike has made other arrangements I am guessing that this chassis will be the works version with the cutouts.

Either way count me in for one.
Old 04-08-2011

I've not mentioned anything about the cut-outs at the rear. They have just said that the photos I sent them of a standard Cougar chassis look the same. Anyway, even if they do manage to make one and it has the cut-out section then surely this wont be a problem for anyone no matter if you have a Top Cat or Cougar 1/2 as the rear wishbones will still fit into the holes. Having never seen a Cougar with the cut-outs, I can't see why they are there anyway.
Old 08-08-2011

Old 06-09-2011

anymore news on this?
Old 06-09-2011

i have a cougar 2 Team version, it has the somewhat RED like alum chassis, not the standard silver or purple "Works" version, but i think it is almost the same as the works chassis.

for myself it would be better to make a carbon team or works version chassis for the schumacher cougar 2 . those cars are less rare and more people have them.

but i am surely interested in a carbon chassis!!

it would also be very cool if the aluminium side plates of the gearbox housing could be done in carbon.
Old 07-09-2011

I think jeroen already has had these made by fibre-lyte?
Old 08-09-2011

To CATS:

i don't think they have the gearbox sideplates or not in prodction. checked on the fibre-lyte website and all they have for the schumacher cougar 1/2 is the front and rear suspension plates.
Old 08-09-2011

Yer, I dont think they have the plates on there, but as I said Im sure jeroen got them to do him some, give them a call they might be able to help
Old 12-09-2011

I've not been pursuing this with Fibre-Lyte recently as I am thinking of racing a new Super Astute that I have recently acquired. Always preferred the looks of the Astute to any 2wd ever made before or since! This means I might be getting rid of my Cougar 2 with a bucket loads of parts soon if anyone is interested.
Back on topic, the last update I posted was the last bit of info I have since I have not contacted them since. They have managed to make a mould but got side-tracked with an obviously bigger order. They just needed to know if they could actually produce a chassis from the mould. If anyone wants to take it up with them, they will be able to update you.
Old 13-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS View Post
Yer, I dont think they have the plates on there, but as I said Im sure jeroen got them to do him some, give them a call they might be able to help

I didn't get the motorplates made by fibrelyte.
I wanted to do that , but than is could buy three complete sets of C2W motorplates , so there was no need for that anymore.

The carbon chassis i got , are the topcat ones , with the holes in the front.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/picturefra...06094617_3.jpg

The C2W chassis is a very weak chassis at the back(cut outs for wishbones).
A carbon one will break very Quick at that point.