Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Many interesting comments in this thread - all suggesting/asking for an F3/4/5 meeting and/or series.
So why isn't the meeting at Southport ( for F3/4/5 drivers only) full, and without knowing real names, I would suggest that many of those who want this are not entered for Southport.

Stuart.
National 1/10th Offroad Timekeeper.
That is a good question Stuart. In my case it was because I didn't want to take a place then have to drop out as I was expecting a major change in my personal circumstances that would have made all 2 day meetings impossible for me.

I was right to do that, as the unfortunate has happened and thus for the next few years I will be limited to meetings I can attend in a single day only.

I wish all my mates, especially the Mid West drivers, all the best for what is always a great event on F3/4/5 EOS finals!
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Cool,

Who's up for this then?

I don't mind helping arrange such a series but we need a team of people, any Volunteers?

A dedicated national overspill series run on the same calander dates.

Do we opt for one awesome days racing on a Sunday?

Should it be open for all to attend? The only reason I say this is some big name guys sometimes don't get in to the nationals and it would be great to have them attend a series like this.

What venues? Do we share the love and look for clubs that are not running a national/end of series final that year. Do any clubs want to put themselves forward for such a series?

Coverage/Race day reports - Does the oOple crew want to do this?

Should we approch the BRCA or should this be a stand alone series?

The most important this is that people/racers will support such a series, and want to attend.

Just a thought but why not use the proposed idea of a F345 series as a proving ground for new clubs wishing to be included on the BRCA race calander??

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 14-09-2012

Roger is correct. Not everyone could commit to a series of F345's. The F1 & F2s are a dedicated bunch and are keen to race at the highest level. Some also have sponsorship commitments and other things that mean they travel the length and breadth of the country (some the globe!!).

As an F5 I didn't enter the EOS as I did not know what I would be doing this weekend as a 2 day meeting definately requires planning. As it happens I am now completely free, but didn't know that 2 months ago, yet alone 2 days ago.
Again good luck to all the drivers. Particularly my buddies from the Mid-West

Looking at a series for F345 you have to remember that a lot of us are self funded. When you add travel costs and accomodation into meetings as well as the normal race stuff in can become an expensive affair. There may only be a few drivers keen enough to drive from the south coast all the way to the north west (or vice versa) for a meeting. I would imagine the majority of these meetings when (if) held would mostly be represented by the region they were being held in and a few drivers who would be able to make it. I have to question now attending some meetings in the far corners of the region due to the travel costs alone.
I don't mean to put a downer on it. It is just my thoughts as a lot of the posts have been adamantly for a series and I'm sure if it was within easy distance I would try to attend 1 or 2.