Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-03-2010

As someone who was in the trade and now looks on from the outside i think i am qualified to comment on this whole paypal thing.

shops who take paypal do so at a risk, i know of one shop who used to accept it, they sent an item out, a couple of days later the customer contacted them reference some installation advice on the item and a couple of weeks later put in a claim to paypal saying they had not recieved it!!, unbelievably paypal took the side of the customer and automatically debited the shops account. not surprisingly that shop does not take paypal anymore.

charges, paypal is more expensive around 3.5 to 4% charged to the shop, now that isnt too bad as credit cards are around 2% depending on the shops individual arrangements, debit cards are 22-25p per transaction, also cash transactions can cost the shop money when paying the cash in 67p for every £100 paid in.

paypal gift, remember if you transfer money to a shop as a gift it is exactly that, there is no protection to you the customer if the item does not turn up. and you can hardly expect paypal to do anything about it when the whole purpose of the gift was to avoid the charges!!.

paying the charges, covering the shops paypal fees is a bit cheeky, in effect if you paid by credit card then the shop would pay 2%, so a shop that asked you to cover the remaining 1.5-2% fair enough but to cover all means the shop has no transaction fees and gets an extra 2% in his/her pocket!

shops that only accept paypal as a gift, brilliant for the shops, no fees and no comeback on any item, no distance selling regs, no warranty, no need to send out recorded (who cares if it goes missing).

as a customer however paypal is handy, find the bit i need press a couple of buttons job done, if i use a credit card then i have to find the card remember which one she said not to use and of course there is a paper trail which she can follow!!.
Old 09-03-2010
Mad Member

To be fair, that's not an every day occurrence and they would have been idiots not to send a £450 kit via recorded or special delivery! Don't blame paypal!

I am in the online trade and the company I work for trade $2.5 billion a year in transactions of which a good percentage is through paypal not only here but in the US and rest of Europe. As with any transaction type there is an element of risk and risk is a total percentage of sales that any retailer has to deal with.

In the model world specifically paypal is actually a very large percentage of people's 'preferred' payment method. Shop's need to decide for themselves if the bottom line is better off with paypal or not.

If you have less than £50 in your paypal account paypal will charge you to transfer it to your bank account. It's easier and simpler to get pay with paypal than transfer to my account and all that nonsense.

I often will add stuff into my basket, go through checkout up to the point where I realise they don't take paypal and then just abandon and find a different shop. I am sure I am not the only one.

Paypal is my 'private toy money' and the better half can't get on my case because she doesn't see the money leave the joint account. Simples.
Old 09-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
as shane say's we will accept PayPal payments on all products with the exception of Durango kits this is due to the very small margin on this product, however if the customer is willing to pay the fees which are 3.6% we are more than happy to accept PayPal.

Michael Ball (MB Models Leeds)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
so the simple life is.......... your going to pay by paypal and pay the charges? where mb would just take yuor paypal amd absorb the charges!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraggy View Post
he didnt say that though
" however if the customer is willing to pay the fees which are 3.6% we are more than happy to accept PayPal."
wraggy try putting the bit before that in your qoute its only the kit he wants the commission paying!!
all you need to do is call the shop, and he will take paypal,

however it costs nothing to stick your funds back in your bank.
Old 17-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

Default PayPal is go at MB Models

Hi all we can now offer Pay Pal on ALL products, just click on the Protx form for payment and it will give you a choice of Card or PayPal.

thanks
Michael Ball
Old 17-03-2010

Nice one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
Hi all we can now offer Pay Pal on ALL products, just click on the Protx form for payment and it will give you a choice of Card or PayPal.

thanks
Michael Ball

www.wbmcc.com