Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 16-11-2012

Default Where are the factory boys???

I remember starting to read this forum 3 years ago, we'd get a comment here and there from Moss,Cockeril and Williams. Seems as if everone stopped talking about the cars, tunning, results....kind of too quiet on off road around here. Other than the supastox no action on the forum.....am I missing something? We got three super cars in the sx3-sv2-svr and noone's talking about them

One of the reasons I chose to race Schumacher product was the forum advice and talk I got here..............real quiet these days. Anyone else agree?
Old 16-11-2012

We're still here

I dont get as much time to surf the forums as I used to back in my student days The best way to contact me is directly at 'tom @ racing-cars.com'
Old 16-11-2012

I know you always answer Tom. I have e-mailed you a few time and have no complaints.....exept the ball cup tool

What I'm sayng is the forum is too quiet on race talk. It used to be that the setup thread had a question every few days, now its seem a question comes up only every few months.
Old 16-11-2012

Personally I tend to ask any questions I have track-side, as luckily for me there are regularly up to 6 team drivers that attend my local club, as well as several other knowledgeable SV2 drivers.

SilverstoneRCMCC
Old 16-11-2012

As a new owner of an sv2,i have been struggling to find some set-ups online for carpet(med grip with jumps)..
Not many around compared to most of the other makes.
Old 16-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutoid View Post
As a new owner of an sv2,i have been struggling to find some set-ups online for carpet(med grip with jumps)..
Not many around compared to most of the other makes.

Theres some here
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...CougarSV2.html

and on the schumacher site as well
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 16-11-2012

And there my friend,you have just about answered my previous post.
Take a look on those sites as i have before i posted here,and you will see the lack of them compared to most other makes on petitrc.
I love working things out for myself most of the time,sometimes its nice to see if you ended up with a similar setup as others when i get home from a race-night etc.
Old 16-11-2012

Yeah I agree, it is good to compare setups with other drivers,
Like earlier on in the thread it was mentioned, I find I just get setups track side, I was lucky enough to get a C team drive this year and I'm still young and learning more things about the car each time I race.
I'm also very lucky to be able to pit with a B team driver alot of the time at my locals and learn off of his setups.

After all its not all up to the factory drivers to help everyone, if there is anyway I can help I'll try and give it a try?
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 16-11-2012

Thanks Tom,its mainly springs/pistons/oil i need to figure out.Just had the rear spring set delivered this week,using the kit fronts for now till finances let me get the front set,unless only one or two are needed,then can get seperate.
It took me around 8months to finally get my 22 set-up to something half decent,then for some rash reason i bought a SV2,mainly due to the ace quality look of it,so getting to grips with what bits and settings to get for it is new to me.
Have purchased some 3hole pistons,7.5 toe front blocks,in-line hubs,svr front arms so far,any other bits and what they help with would be a great help,both in money not wasted on wrong items,and also saving time trying stuff out that has been proven not to work.

Steve.
Old 16-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutoid View Post
Thanks Tom,its mainly springs/pistons/oil i need to figure out.Just had the rear spring set delivered this week,using the kit fronts for now till finances let me get the front set,unless only one or two are needed,then can get seperate.
It took me around 8months to finally get my 22 set-up to something half decent,then for some rash reason i bought a SV2,mainly due to the ace quality look of it,so getting to grips with what bits and settings to get for it is new to me.
Have purchased some 3hole pistons,7.5 toe front blocks,in-line hubs,svr front arms so far,any other bits and what they help with would be a great help,both in money not wasted on wrong items,and also saving time trying stuff out that has been proven not to work.

Steve.
Hi Steve,
On the front it usually seems to be about 4.0 and 4.5 on the majority of tracks.
I haven't really experimented with bigbore shocks pistons the tampered small bore pistons are good but 3 holes as standard seem to be good starting point,
I have ran the inline hubs but seem to make the car feel quite twitchy compared to the standard hubs you can also trim off a small notch on the hubs to get a bit more lock
The 2mm wider wishbones (svr) are very good idea to have seem to make the front more stable
Alot of people are running the plastic moulding rather than the turnbuckle on the top deck to make the chassis flex more also removing the front posts I think on the alloy chassis and the rear posts on the s1 chassis can give more flex and grip to the car, the s1 chassis is very good as well and works great in the wet and bumpy conditions and is very resonable pricewise.

I hope other people might correct me if I'm wrong or have different opinons
Also a trishbits nose weight works great its not a huge amout of weight but as its so far forward in the car it can make a great amout of differnce

Hope it helps
Tom
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 17-11-2012

This is how I remeber the forum people sharing setups
Old 17-11-2012

Now you see what you started Bill.

Den.
Old 18-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

My apologies for not being too active on Oople around setups etc. Have a lot going on at work so as you can imagine not had the most amount of time to get on here. Ill do my best to upload my starting setups on both my Cat and Cougar later on today - these haven't changed really all year apart form the odd tweek. If you do have any questions post them on here and I'm sure one of us will answer them. Im pretty crap at answering pm's!

Si
Old 18-11-2012

Default Cat set Up

Hi Guys,

Trying to get my Cat sx3 set up a bit better and have now got the 7.5 degree front yokes fitted and thinking of fitting my S1 chassis and top plates to it to get some more grip at Worksop. Is it wirth doing? also what about just fitting the S1 top plates only?

Also does widening the front track help the car? if so what is the common extra width to put in there?

On the rear is it worth widening the track? by washers? if so how much?

Has anyone played with the ackerman link? or std distance the optimum size?

cheers for the help
Electrics- Orion R10, Orion Saddles, Orion 7.5
Extras- Full cream weight set and shock towers.

Old 19-11-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Hi Lee
I found the S1 chassis was better for me last year at Worksop when I tried them back to back and have used it everywhere since for me it gives the car a little more grip and it seams to be more consistent.

I found at the last round a narrower front end was better for me as it made the car turn in harder but if you want to dumb down the front a little or are running on astro adding spacers helps smooth things out.
I have been running the wide rear end conversion which I like on high grip but Ill be trying the standard narrower rear end at the next round to see if it gives a little more grip .Which I suspect it will.
From what Ive seen some people like it and some don't, for me with the wide rear end the car just feels safer.

As for Ackerman link length Ive not played with that on the cat but have run the new steering rack which makes the steering more aggressive.

I hope thats of some help
Mat
Old 20-11-2012

Default Update

Cheers Matt, have transferred all my transmission and electrics over to the S1 chassis will give it a try at worksop. Think i will invest in the ackerman mod for it and see how i get on.

Agagin thanks for the tips and how widening the track on the front dumbs it down.

Cheers
Electrics- Orion R10, Orion Saddles, Orion 7.5
Extras- Full cream weight set and shock towers.

Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

No problem, if you need any help at Worksop just give me a shout.