Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 25-05-2011

Default BRCA Mid South 2wd Regional - round 2 - Herts Nitro Model Car Club - Sunday June 5th

BRCA Mid South 2wd Regional - round 2
HNMC - Ware - Sunday 5th June

(post shamelessly stolen from DMS (sorry darren )

Venue

The venue for this round is the newly founded Herts nitro (electric) model car club, located here:
Westmill Farm, A602,Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0ES

I cant say just how easy this place is to find, the westmill farm entrance is really big and obvious (its a pretty big complex). the entrance is probably no more than 500 - 600 meters away from the round about once you leave the A10. once you turn in, you will immediately look to the right and see both tracks. you can turn right into the field and park anywhere around the track.

Times
The Track is open 24x7 (light permitting ) but the gates are always open so you can turn up as early you like. Timed practise will start from approx 7.45 - 8.00 and will continue till just before 10am, so loads of time for practise.

Time permitting, we will look at having 2 finals for everyone as well as the normal 3 finals for the A-finalists (but is purely based on time allowing)

We also have one more club night before the event on Tuesday 31st, which you can arrive any time from 4pm onwards and racing will start 7.30ish (3 rounds 1 final )

Cost and Booking In
The cost to race for those who are pre-booked is £10, limited booking in on the day may be available at the cost of £15. The open classes (4wd buggies, Trucks/SC's and Micros - if enough interest) are all £5 to race pre-booked - £10 on the day. All booking in is on the DMS Results website here - www.dmsresults.co.uk

Facilities and Track
The track is 99% astro with a couple of bits of wood and carpet for jumps Minipins and mini spikes are usable around the track.

Theres LOADS of pitting space (literally a whole field ) but there is a small section under cover about 10 meters away from the track between the electric and nitro tracks. Tables are there, but no chairs.

I would suggest bringing tables and chairs just in case.

You will need to bring a generator or 12 volt suply for power. Please place generators with consideration for others

[CONFIRMED] the burger van behind race control will be open on the sunday. Snacks can also be purchased in the complex on site and there is a McDonalds less than 5 minutes away at the hertford turn off on the A10 (and BP station)

Camping: all camping, whether it is a tent, motor home or caravan will cost £10 and you can arrive anytime after 10am on the saturday. there is a shower block (brand new!) there and lots of facilities etc

the herts nitro model shop will be open on the day from 8am till 2pm with a selection of tyres and spares. If you need anything i would suggest calling on 01920 466995

Mini spikes and mini pins have been found to work around the track. im afraid i cant tell you about wet conditions because we have had any yet! Hopefully we wont need to find out till after the regional

As per BRCA rules, all LIPO batteries being charged MUST be inside a recognised LIPO sack (or similiar), anyone found not using one will be asked to leave (you have been warned)...

PT's must be used (we only have a small handful of transponders which we'd rather not use)

Trophies will be awarded for overall TQ, 1st 2nd and 3rd for the A final and first place in all 2wd finals (BRCA regional class) - there are no trophies for the open classes

Limited spaces still available to pre-book for those who not yet entered.........

Booking In - www.dmsresults.co.uk
Club Website - http://www.hertsnitromodelclub.co.uk

Any questions can be posted here, or feel free to PM if you need to

Hope to see lots of you there!

Last edited by DaSloth; 25-05-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: camping updated
Old 25-05-2011
oOple Advertiser

What a nicely laid out and informative post
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 25-05-2011
oOple Advertiser

I think it's the best post ever - great info mate - it's what makes the difference - see yah there
Old 25-05-2011

no point reinventing the wheel right!

As a side note, which ill add once its all confirmed, caming will be possible at a cost if anyone wants to stay over.
Old 01-06-2011

updated to add the burger van WILL be open and serving some yummy heart stoppers!

(and some healthy too!)
Old 02-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hey Ian, the burger van sounds good man!

People are getting excited about this regional - I've had some texts and emails - do they know something I don't??!!

Thank you Darren for sorting my entry! ps - the keyboard didn't survive!! LOL
Old 02-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Hey Ian, the burger van sounds good man!

People are getting excited about this regional - I've had some texts and emails - do they know something I don't??!!

Thank you Darren for sorting my entry! ps - the keyboard didn't survive!! LOL
LOL, you need to control your aggression at your age, no good for the old ticker mate......... see you sunday
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 04-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

There is still time to race at this event - turn up in the morning and we can guarantee you a space - just get your rear there - LOL
Old 04-06-2011

Walked away from the track today with a smile on my face.

Hope you all enjoy tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2011

Top post, i'm sure we will.

James.
Old 04-06-2011

bit late to let you all know but wireless access to bbk netscreen should be available.

youll need version 2011, let me know if you need it.
Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Walked away from the track today with a smile on my face.

Hope you all enjoy tomorrow!
Some fast lap times then, mate!!!
Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

Enjoyed today, shame i don't compete in Mid South for 2wd this year....
Track was good attempt for first regional, some minor tweaks and we have another good venue.

Well done to all the Herts crew.

Also big well done to Nick Cotton (Tony Evdoka) and Matt Owen, proved the Vega RB5 in the finals. Also good drive from Storey in the finals, after unlucky qualifying. keeping up the push for Regional win. I will gladly claim FTP though just pipping Bloomers.... Sorry Ma!!

Top 5 i think...

Karl Jackson
Lloyd Storey
Simon Reeves
Tony Evdoka
Matt Owen
Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

Great job by the herts crew, cracking track, like spenner says few tweaks and it's a great track to have in the region.
Old 05-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

I popped down today to take a look and was really impressed with the track and facilities. Looks like the Herts crew have been really busy! Wish I could have raced today but It was good fun showing my 18 month old what it's all about instead. He enjoyed his hug from Nick Cotton this morning too!

Bad luck to Si Reeves for not converting the tq (always a bridesmaid hey), but welldone to Karl for what I think was his first regional win?

Well done to the Vega boys () you were looking rapid all day and I thought Nick was going to take the second leg too!

Anyway, I'm going to try and pop down on one of the Tuesday nights... I didn't realise it's only 15 miles from my house!
Old 05-06-2011

On behalf of Karl, Marc and everyone else who's helped with the track, i'd like say thanks for all the kind comments

Definetely makes it worth while and the way things are going to so far, it can only get better with everything we have planned.

Apologies to all the a-finalists if i was rushing you with charging though!

I took alot of good points on board about the track today and anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, do please let us know so we can make it even better for you guys

Also congrats to all the winners, especially the top 3 in the a-final. considering its the first time we've had some precipitation, i think we saw some really good finals.
Old 05-06-2011

A very good effort today for your first Regional. A few points i'd like to make, to help for future meetings are the BRCA track rules:-

Tracks will be laid out so that there are no hidden areas when viewed from the driver‟s rostrum area.
14.4 Tyres will not be used to define the track at BRCA National and Regional Sanctioned events.

The jump on the far right, you couldn't see the down ramp and i don't see the need for the car tyres?
However this looks like it could be a top venue in the future!

Richard Ralph

Old 05-06-2011

Well done to Karl for coming 1st in the A final, his car looked very dialled in all day and for a Ansmann X2C, that would only cost £149.99 new is a very good result.

Great facility, I did suffer from interference all day from the furthest points of the track though. Very well run meeting.
Old 05-06-2011

had no idea about the tyre rule i must admit. no need for them on a day like today i guess, but normally they're in to make the track abit less "moveable" for everyone practising mid week (specifically the 8th scale noisy things)

The jump was unfortunate really, we spent alot of time trying to make it visable on the down ramp. once we clear all the sand, we'll have an all new track layout which should put the jumps into a better position.

thanks Richard.
Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

Looks like i missed out on a great meet

Congrats to Karl Jackson, winning with the Ansmann

NICE