Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 10-06-2008

Send a message via MSN to craigosh
Default Show us ya bikes (push bikes that is)

Bored in work so thought i'd see who on here is into cycling, we always have threads about full size motors or motobikes but i reckon there must be a load of you also into cycling.

So lets have a look at what you all ride?!?! Jimmy is that a super 8 in your avatar?

Here's my Recent purchase to get me back into bombing tree lined hills

and obligatory 'throwing myself off something cause its a freeride bike' pic

Old 10-06-2008
Lee-Mag

I had one of these babies a year or so ago, it was awesome i loved it but i had no time anymore so it had to go

http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k6bikes/stinky_2k6.php

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 10-06-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

This is me and my dads bike, i did a coast-to-coast ride for charity last year on the C2C route which i thoroughly reccommend, it was a fab trip.

In case you're wondering i fell in the sea at the start with my bike and had to do the first day quite moist, at least it was sunny..! (notice friend laughing on rhs )

I dont really have a bike, the one i did have was mainly pink and my mum nicked it which is maybe no bad thing..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C2C (72).jpg (57.5 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by James; 10-06-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

I had one of these http://www.surosa.co.uk/detail.aspx?ID=4437 but sold it recently. It was a build up with Middleburn cranks, XT gears and Avid Juicy 7 brakes.
Now I have a Marin Northside Trail 2007 that is pretty much stock apart from the DMR V12 pedals, Easton Vice stem and the FSA Gravity riser bars. Will be upgrading the brakes to Hope mono mini Pros and the shifters and mech to SRAM X0/X9. Got my wife a Northside Trail for Christmas with Hope mono mini brakes in pink!
I do fancy one of those Whyte carbon frames though. Very nice indeed
Old 10-06-2008

I've always been a bmx bandit personally. I rode road bikes for years too and had a couple of seasons on the NEMBA downhill series.

Anyway, after discovering OS bmx I am back on 20" after 10 years not riding anything.

This is my current:
I have changed the bars and I am cleaning up my old Redline Flights to fit to it. Also scraping the cash to get hold of a Hyper Frameset going for cheap money and a cruiser.

This is the remains of my Mongoose Hooligan, awaiting resto in my pa's garage:

PS...Does anyone remember Tioga disk drives?
Old 10-06-2008

I'm on the look out for a good BMX for commuting as my Kona Blast (a class mountain bike :-) ) is going to be a bit unwieldy for the streets of suburbia when I start my new job.

Does anyone have any advice for what I should be looking for?

Thankyou.

Elliott.
Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

I have a Kona Kula and a mongoose fuzz BMX with pitch forks and profile cranks. Can't find a pic at the mo. I fancy a new BMX but a race frame for general riding and light bashing. I fell off the fuzz years ago (about 10) and since then I always get a bad back when I ride, so I don't ride. nothing major at all, just manual to ass - but the shock went right thru my back and I couldn't move the next day!
Old 10-06-2008

Nice FMF losidan, I've got an original wethepeople 4 seasons i built up with a bunch nice stuff, odyssey wheels, odyssey race forks, profiles etc. was light when i built it but heavy by todays standards. Wouldnt mind a superlight new frame like this one http://www.alansbmx.com/images/lo_fi...green_side.jpg - 4.3lbs thats lighter than my old hardtail!!

Ah the Fuzz, thats one long bike, i remember ben lewis whos on FIT now riding one of those at our trails when he was like 15 and only about 5ft 5 lol was super smooth on it.

Jon you should just buy my Haro Extreme and that way you wont have lost much money when you sell it again in a week lol...!!!!

Folks have just bought a villa in the mountains near valencia so need to start saving for a ride to leave out there basic Sx Trail i think
Old 10-06-2008
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

I have a BMX taking up space if anyone wants to offer it a good home? Unfortunately I never get chance to ride any more (and the tyres are flat, that's no good!).

Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

haha yeah the fuzz is long, but I'm nigh on 6ft2 so I need long! I went out a while ago with my mate, riding round huddersfield - I couldn't beleive how bad I was, came home with a sore elbow for a couple of weeks after ditching the bike and it bouncing off a wall into my arm must be getting old or somet.

My Kona is a cross country bike really. I used to have a santacruz super8 which was awesome for throwing myself off mad stuff, mega confidence it gave you. I really fancy a new hard tail but with bigger forks - bit of a play frame but without super slack angles which you seem to get on some of them (like the norco's - just felt dead to ride)
Old 10-06-2008

Hey Elliot check out Alans Bmx for a good range of bikes

But if you just want something to cruise to work on maybe try a cruiser
These look hot http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info...oducts_id=5651

You'll probably find the cruiser a bit more comfy and faster to commute on.
Old 10-06-2008

All those Norcos felt horrid to ride when i tried them, though saying that lol, i have a norco trials frame at my folks which was good lol. Managed to put a big dent in it though...!

I'm shit on the BMX really, and the MTB i guess lol, i just go the park in warrington and cruise the snake run on the BMX, or i'll go a few trails round here on the SX and try to avoid trees with a few drops thrown in. I seem to have forgotten how to jump as i couldnt clear any of the ones in delamere the other day!

DMR maybe Jim?? think they do a LT version of the trailstar.
Old 10-06-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

not mine but mattys old ride gone it has now, to the big flea bay
Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

yeah my mates have dmr framed hard tails. duno, I've not got the time or cash at the moment to do a build but I'll get there some day.
Old 10-06-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Funnily enough i went on a bike ride today it was boring as my mum and sister came alogn so we had to go slow. Ive got a giant xtc se its seen slightly better days but now i work it will have a total revamp. Used to go on some awsome rides used to go to a local wood called candy on it and used to race though tehre at silly speeds down tracks maybe a few inches wide. I used to have an on cycle computer on itfor a few months and first time i took it up there i was heading back down the road into town and its basically a giant big hill it much be able a mile long and we went for it flat out all the way and i looked at my cycle computer and i was doing 54mph i was like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hydrolics soon screached me to a hault.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 11-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

My old Dirt Jump and Freeride Rig-Chavs broke into garage got through a £70 D-Lock and a chain and nicked it

My Current Cross Country Race Bike (waiting for new 2009 scott scale 10 frame or trek 9.9 elite frame to come out)

Currently waiting for a bunch of parts to build up an identiti krisis for 4x

Dirt Jumps in my village- Me mid air

I competed in the last few years regionals and national cross country races but mainly training for 4x series regionals and nationals this year after glanjila fever a few months back killed my chances of competing in cross country this year
Old 11-06-2008
Mad Member

i've got a Cannondale hardtail with Pace carbon forks & full XTR that never gets ridden but my main love was/is BMX

still got some of my old stuff from bitd but not got pics of all of it

my USA made Hoffman Taj from about 1995

another mid 90's bike here. USA made alloy Quad

plus my 1981 Kuwahara KZ1 (Kuwahara made not Tange )

i don't actually ride anymore as i'm waiting for knee replacement operations & have been for about 15 years

guess i've paid too much tax & my face is too white
Old 11-06-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Loving the SE and the Kuwhara mate. I very nearly bought an old Haro Master frame and forks before I got the Marin. Have you seen the prices Mongoose Pro Class bikes go for?
Old 11-06-2008

Send a message via MSN to b4rs

me n MRD of this site have just been bike riding this week, i am trying to do at least 5mile a day. wich i have done so far. its a great change from rc and keeps you fit. mark (MRD) has just bought a new claud butler bike, and he rides it to work everyday. but i have a saracen RAW2, which is sort of old and the chain is knackered. so it needs sorting.
bt yeh, mountain biking is kool on a sunny day.

[img=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4506/userbartemp.jpg]

"mardaves are the future of sport electric!"
"yea, if youve only got 30 pound to spend..."

Old 11-06-2008

i have to agree with you there. there is nothing better than cruising down a nice quiet road and admiring the veiw but that rarely happens now with all the cars on the road. i have a vast collection of bikes but not as expensive as alot of those(most of them are only half there). the most expensive bike i have is a mongoose pro bmx and i dont use that very often but that does look good. rides well too.
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.