Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 19-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_TRD View Post
Guys I got confused, didn't realise that was a website I thought you were saying you had them yourself
Oli thanks for looking into the website for me, I also discovered I need some OT-88 for my planned mid builds.
I have so many projects planned but so hard to figure out how to approach each build, thats half the fun I guess
Dan, Today I ordered LA-124 for you!
They will ship the part to me. Let you know when it arrives....
No luck with OT-88 :-(

Rgds

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 19-11-2013

Thanks Oli much appreciated

I think I am OK for the OT-88 now I bought another complete Mid ...

I will have quite a few parts I have to sell now

I have ordered my ZX-R tub from Fibrelyte for another project
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 20-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Ok race report for Sunday

Saturday I tried loads of set up changes and also weight distribution set ups and found one that made the car much more balanced. I also had a bit of bad luck and got taken out and ruined my rear shock shaft so opted to fit associated B4 shocks with dremelled out pistons to as close as possible dimensions as traxxas seeing as I like TRX1 shocks a lot. I opted to use schumacher white rear springs and schumacher grey on the front with 40 in the rear 3 hole pistons and 60 wt oil in the front 2 holes. Rear hubs were in the middle hole n the wishbone and had the shocks set in the middle on the wishbone. No roll bar. It was pretty good, had a little niggle with the back end being very loose but stayed with it as I was tired.

I had esc problems for most of the day so didnt get to finish two of my best races but decided to go up to 45 in the rear for the final and geared down as well. My pace was B final in the C but I got the lead on the second lap and pulled a half lap lead within two laps and went well until the front uj came out of my gear diff. Ok after investigation my CF front gearbox came loose and that gave slop to the diff and that was that but the car was putting in times that showed a vast improvement. Consistency was much better . I did find also that ceramics do not work in the ball diffs as all you get is major slip, so had to use gear diffs and that cost me but its a big test season and its coming along, now awaiting tungsten carbide diff balls and will see if that works. Will put an original gear box on the front to give me less agro on the day and also need to change my esc and motor, plus ratio. I intend to do much better in December.

race pics are always a plus ..

mvh isobarik
Old 21-11-2013
Mad Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-Laz...6#ht_468wt_988

i guess that ron would love this ....

i know i do ...

mvh Isobarik
Old 22-11-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Thats a tensioner i do remember, chassis however i dont.

Pics are not so easy as you know spare time is needed to resolve issues. I will try at next event. Ive already changed the main diff balls to tungsten carbide and got rid of all slop on the diffs. Lets hope it goes well.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 27-11-2013

Quote:
Ok race report for Sunday

Saturday I tried loads of set up changes and also weight distribution set ups and found one that made the car much more balanced. I also had a bit of bad luck and got taken out and ruined my rear shock shaft so opted to fit associated B4 shocks with dremelled out pistons to as close as possible dimensions as traxxas seeing as I like TRX1 shocks a lot. I opted to use schumacher white rear springs and schumacher grey on the front with 40 in the rear 3 hole pistons and 60 wt oil in the front 2 holes. Rear hubs were in the middle hole n the wishbone and had the shocks set in the middle on the wishbone. No roll bar. It was pretty good, had a little niggle with the back end being very loose but stayed with it as I was tired.

I had esc problems for most of the day so didnt get to finish two of my best races but decided to go up to 45 in the rear for the final and geared down as well. My pace was B final in the C but I got the lead on the second lap and pulled a half lap lead within two laps and went well until the front uj came out of my gear diff. Ok after investigation my CF front gearbox came loose and that gave slop to the diff and that was that but the car was putting in times that showed a vast improvement. Consistency was much better . I did find also that ceramics do not work in the ball diffs as all you get is major slip, so had to use gear diffs and that cost me but its a big test season and its coming along, now awaiting tungsten carbide diff balls and will see if that works. Will put an original gear box on the front to give me less agro on the day and also need to change my esc and motor, plus ratio. I intend to do much better in December.
James, is this your moded zxr? What ride hight do you run and how much weight havr you added and placement please?
I have ran mine for four meetings now. Really struggled with rear end being loose and hooking in the corners but after a lot of changes i then had slight understear but noticed my medium kimbrough servo saver was to weak so have now fitted a large one, so next meeting it should be more direct.
Old 27-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-Laz...6#ht_468wt_988

i guess that ron would love this ....

i know i do ...

mvh Isobarik
i've uummmdd and aaarrrddd about bidding on that but ive already got too many cars and more on order
Old 28-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
James, is this your moded zxr? What ride hight do you run and how much weight havr you added and placement please?
I have ran mine for four meetings now. Really struggled with rear end being loose and hooking in the corners but after a lot of changes i then had slight understear but noticed my medium kimbrough servo saver was to weak so have now fitted a large one, so next meeting it should be more direct.
Ok will need to show pics on 7th. Ive got all cell holes with 15g weight in made by zeppin and one 40g plate ontop on each side. Plus my cf block central between cell holes and have two rudebitz 15g plates and the ive cut another two in half and have two halves ontop at the front section. Ive got hpi 5600 lipo packs.

Ok its heavy and in 90s ran it flat to the deck indoors with my tub chassis and made almost all As including indoor regional finas & British champs. I still am testing setups but had shocks in middle hole on wishbones, rear under level as well as front. No roll bar. I prefer the zxs evo rear hubs and have it set on the middle hole on wishbone and there is three in total on these hubs

Wider front end. Always have the rear end softer by at least five or preferabky ten weight and spring is one less than front. Zero bump steer is a must. Pivot block by motor needs to have the pivot pole holes high not low and rear pivot holes in lowest position. Kick up is a must. Rear hubs I like zero degree but test and find out which suits your style. Also prefer zx steering plate.

Hope it helps
Answer UK team driver
Old 08-12-2013

Guys, today was a bit of a disaster, first round got the lead and on the third lap i was lapping the last few who went last off and got t boned big time and my motor moved and spur stripped. Second round i crashed but the marshal decided to spend all his time fixing someone elses car and left me for 30 seconds so then was a waste of time going for it. Third round took Bobs (a fellow club racer from my old club) advice and went up one spring on the rear and raised it and felt uneasy but nevertheless put in a consistant run and went from last to 2nd in my heat and put me in the top 20. Then had a lesser time and finished third so made 18th in the B final.i cautiously went slower at the start and got through to the lead only to drive like a pratt but kept coming back and went from fifth to second on the last lap which was quite satisfying. Pictures to follow including my awful 4th round run video.
Answer UK team driver
Old 09-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Guys, today was a bit of a disaster, first round got the lead and on the third lap i was lapping the last few who went last off and got t boned big time and my motor moved and spur stripped. Second round i crashed but the marshal decided to spend all his time fixing someone elses car and left me for 30 seconds so then was a waste of time going for it. Third round took Bobs (a fellow club racer from my old club) advice and went up one spring on the rear and raised it and felt uneasy but nevertheless put in a consistant run and went from last to 2nd in my heat and put me in the top 20. Then had a lesser time and finished third so made 18th in the B final.i cautiously went slower at the start and got through to the lead only to drive like a pratt but kept coming back and went from fifth to second on the last lap which was quite satisfying. Pictures to follow including my awful 4th round run video.
Yeah show us some race piga and videos

Med vänlig hälsning, isobarik
Old 10-12-2013

Here is the video, green car with white wheels. Pics to follow later

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=6uUCTu1rX5A

If it doesnt work then go to u tube and type in the search field appear Maritime Raceway 4th and should appear at the top.
Answer UK team driver
Old 10-12-2013

Quote:
Here is the video, green car with white wheels. Pics to follow later

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=6uUCTu1rX5A

If it doesnt work then go to u tube and type in the search field appear Maritime Raceway 4th and should appear at the top.

...... or use the right link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUCTu1rX5A

Bye
Ema
Old 10-12-2013
Mad Member

Thanks Ema

Welsh hm ....nasty flips ...

mvh isobarik
Old 10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Thanks Ema

Welsh hm ....nasty flips ...

mvh isobarik
Nasty everything, I tried something every race and one change made it a pig to drive.
Answer UK team driver
Old 11-12-2013

Ok some pictures, and admit they are not special. I admit I had issues with my TRX1 shocks and my back up set were not as smooth so ended up putting on some associated shocks and dremelled the pistons to similar sizes and it worked well, but lost droop becuase of doing that hence why Im using the middle holes on the wishbones all round, middle hole on the rear hubs which are from a ZXS or Ultima RB Type R, Zx steering plate, original tub chassis design layout with added extra holes for the lipo tray and also the centre block and weight holder. This design layout was never sold but i am not stopping it now from being sold. Thicker front shock tower and also youll notoce the original front gearbox as its stronger than Oosh123s version, even though I didnt break it I was getting annoyed that it vibrated the screws loose when thread locked in so it had to go. Im using schumacher grey springs on the front and yellow on the rear and 60 weight front and 50 rear but found the rear less easy to adapt to what the front was doing so may go down 5 to make it better. No roll bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131208_123827.jpg (82.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131208_123906.jpg (50.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131208_123948.jpg (55.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131208_124006.jpg (90.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131208_124050.jpg (78.8 KB, 35 views)
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-12-2013

Does this mean you will be selling the front gearbox by any chance
Do yo have plans for a new front gearbox design?
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 12-12-2013

Quote:
Does this mean you will be selling the front gearbox by any chance
Do yo have plans for a new front gearbox design?
Nope keeping it but for display only. Once im finally happy with my setup and have time I wilk focus on the front.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-12-2013

Default Zxr set up

James, my set up at the moment seems to be working well for me. My car is a standard zx-r with no hop ups like yours. I started with an identical set up to yours suspension wisr but found the car to skip around over ripple sections and rear end loose in corners.
My set up so far is
45wt oil in front outer hole on arm blue ae spring, tower hole as manual (mk1).
30wt oil in rear inner hole on arm silver ae spring, tower hole 2nd in from outside.

I also found that using a longer link on the rear stopped the car from hooking in the corners.
Front links are as manual ( mk1) on tower and c hub.
Rear links are outer lower hole on tower and middle top hole on hub.
Im also using an zx steering plate.
Old 13-12-2013

Rob what shocks are running
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 13-12-2013

Quote:
Rob what shocks are running
im using the original option house shocks with lazer zx5 pistons, 2-c in front and 2-b in rear. Also i have 3mm limiters in the rear.