Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 31-12-2012

Default building a short course!

hi folks,right i got a t4 and am thinkin about turning it into a sc,do i or is there a better truck out there? been an ae faithful for over 20 years so that is why i'd like to convert this one but if you guys are all racing other chassis's than i'll just have to bight the bullit and get different car!,was goin for the proline shocks(if anyone knows where to order these in the uk let me know as cml dont list them!) as they look very tunable,then prob all the rpm stuff ie: lower arms,bumpers hubs etc. any help,advise with this would be great!
adam

Last edited by Adam Talbot; 07-01-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: adding photo's and story
Old 31-12-2012
Mad Member

By the time you have bought a bodyshell, mounts, wheels, driveshafts (if they are different) and all the parts above plus anything else required then you might as well buy a new truck IMO.

Especially when you can buy a brand new Ansmann Pro spec truck for under £100 delivered and they are far better spec than AE SC10, the results from last year prove they are good as they dominated the National SCT championship

The newer mid motor trucks such as TLR 22SCT and Durango DESC210R are going to be a lot quicker in 2WD for 2013 season... there is also the Akula mid motor conversion for Ansmann/Team C trucks to consider.

The reason the Proline shocks are not available here is because they are a silly expensive modification that will not sell well when kit shocks are adequate.

How much are you looking to spend on owning a SCT?
Old 31-12-2012

[QUOTE
Especially when you can buy a brand new Ansmann Pro spec truck for under £100 delivered[/QUOTE]
??
where from i'll go have me a look at that for the money!
Old 31-12-2012

credit card waiting!!.lol for £100 if its the one on there web site i'll be having some of that so if any one can post a link to the shop where there selling them for £100 please feel free to post it hear!!
Old 31-12-2012
Mad Member

Here you go matey:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X2SC-2WD-S...item20ce57b472

For the price they are very good and when there were 4 in the top 5 2WD's at UK SCT Nationals 2012 i find it hard to recommend anything else for a SCT newbie... especially when spares are so cheap and they use the easiest to find SCT wheel fitment all round too.

Bearing in mind just an unpainted SCT body is £30 - £35 you will be spending a lot to convert your T4 and still ending up with a truck which has probably well used parts driving it.
Old 31-12-2012

ITS ORDERED!! but freaky gimp,a truck newbie is something that i'm not!!.lol
Old 31-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Talbot View Post
ITS ORDERED!! but freaky gimp,a truck newbie is something that i'm not!!.lol
Then you should have no problems showing us all how its done in the national series

bring it on!
Old 31-12-2012

Please mark tell me more about this national championship where ansmann's dominate, sounds like a different one to the one I raced in
Old 31-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Please mark tell me more about this national championship where ansmann's dominate, sounds like a different one to the one I raced in
yeah obviously you couldn't see them for the plastic dust coming off your front wishbones as you whooped us all
Old 01-01-2013

now now boys save it till i get there!lol. i looked at nearly all the kits going at the minute and to be fair there was only a couple i wanted a closer look at! durango,losi ae and serpent all look the muts but as we all know lookin good on the promo pages and being good on the track can be two different things! so,as its been a couple of years since i've raced off road(try over 10!!) i've gone for the ansmann pro 2 s dges thingy!! my way of thinking is get back into racing,kill a cheaper truck on the way then the year after have a look whats out! who knows this ansmann one looks like it may be a dark horse! but one thing is for sure,its gonna put a smile on me mush and hopefuly i'll make a few friends along the way!
hears to a great years racing to you all folks.

adam

p.s,what are the tyres at the minute for damp astro? i'm racing at kiddy and cov in the m.a.m series in feb!!
Old 02-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Talbot View Post
now now boys save it till i get there!lol. i looked at nearly all the kits going at the minute and to be fair there was only a couple i wanted a closer look at! durango,losi ae and serpent all look the muts but as we all know lookin good on the promo pages and being good on the track can be two different things! so,as its been a couple of years since i've raced off road(try over 10!!) i've gone for the ansmann pro 2 s dges thingy!! my way of thinking is get back into racing,kill a cheaper truck on the way then the year after have a look whats out! who knows this ansmann one looks like it may be a dark horse! but one thing is for sure,its gonna put a smile on me mush and hopefuly i'll make a few friends along the way!
hears to a great years racing to you all folks.

adam

p.s,what are the tyres at the minute for damp astro? i'm racing at kiddy and cov in the m.a.m series in feb!!
Schuey silvers work well on the back at a damp or wet coventry track. Although I don't think they will last too long at Kiddy.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 03-01-2013

Have a word with Mark A of the cov club. He should be able to tell you what works well at those two venues. Look forward to seeing you at the mams.
Old 08-08-2013

Just thought id add i've just ordered this kit and its down to £65 + delivery had a go of my first sc last night and im hooked lol
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 10-08-2013

Schumacher blues or koursekings will do for most conditions on the back of most 2wd short course,
I've been trying some of the Dboots terrabites which work well in the wet.
Up front kit tyres or bowties work ok.
Dude
Old 06-12-2013

I've just converted one of my sc10's to a T4 so I have all the spares needed to convert back , as I've gone Durango these spares are up for sale.
Pm me