Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 04-10-2014

bloody hell, this all seams confusing for a newbie, was looking at getting into touring but with new rules (if that what they are) it looks like hard work to work out what to get, was looking at buying someone else's set up but that might not be a good idea now, ? a bit of clarification might be in order at some stage please.
Old 04-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Unless a proposal goes through at the GENERAL meeting at the AGM, then nothing will change, currently you can run whatever battery you wish in buggies (unless your club stipulates otherwise), there are no proposals on the 10th off-road section to say otherwise.

The proposal for rule 25.3 will mean that ONLY national events MUST run to the EB list, all others can choose to or not.
Old 04-10-2014
Mad Member

Yeah what he said
Old 04-10-2014

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1114785053...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
so something like the above would be ok.
Old 05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp102 View Post
So why was the south west reginals enforcing the battery rule then?

also if the brca say that only batteries used on the list can be used for club racing this will KILL the sport. Second if it does come into force how will it be enforced? Scrutineering before each heat?

Yeah ....im probably still living in the past where the SWORDS rounds consisted of more than just the few clubs that it is now.
They were a great day out for any level of racer.
Why if a driver knows they are not going to be competing in the a,b or c finals have to be restricted to battery choice.
The top drivers ....maybe....but the rest??

Come off it brca sanctioned or not. My 2 kids and i were considering taking part this year , then we saw the battery list.
Our batteries arnt on it therefore we cant take part.

We are never going to racing for any title other than last place on the day. We like to race and have a family, fun day out, albeit on a budget.
But daft rules imposed to the letter.

Come on guys use some common sense.

Battery restriction for the top guys, possible.........everybody else...forget it.....get more people involved has to be a good thing ?
Old 05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer39 View Post
Yeah ....im probably still living in the past where the SWORDS rounds consisted of more than just the few clubs that it is now.
They were a great day out for any level of racer.
Why if a driver knows they are not going to be competing in the a,b or c finals have to be restricted to battery choice.
The top drivers ....maybe....but the rest??

Come off it brca sanctioned or not. My 2 kids and i were considering taking part this year , then we saw the battery list.
Our batteries arnt on it therefore we cant take part.

We are never going to racing for any title other than last place on the day. We like to race and have a family, fun day out, albeit on a budget.
But daft rules imposed to the letter.

Come on guys use some common sense.

Battery restriction for the top guys, possible.........everybody else...forget it.....get more people involved has to be a good thing ?

A few clubs ???? we raced at 4 different tracks this year
And we run to the rules that the BRCA set as they are sanctioned events while I am your regional rep THIS WILL NOT CHANGE !!!!! I'm not Knitpicking the rules people like and don't like !!! There is a BRCA agm later this month if you don't like the rules come and be a voice and make a change is what i suggest.
Old 05-10-2014
Mad Member

But surely if the proposal goes through where u will then have the choice to use the list or not will be a good tool to use trying to get more people to come to regionals. The quick drivers will always be quick an the slower ones will still be slow regardless of battery
Old 05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
A few clubs ???? we raced at 4 different tracks this year
And we run to the rules that the BRCA set as they are sanctioned events while I am your regional rep THIS WILL NOT CHANGE !!!!! I'm not Knitpicking the rules people like and don't like !!! There is a BRCA agm later this month if you don't like the rules come and be a voice and make a change is what i suggest.
A few, 4.......exactly just a few ....i could name 8 that used to take part !
some clubs have folded admittedly but there used to be 60- 70 racers turning up to race at each round.

best turn out this year ??.....30 ?
I'm afraid your attitude that things WILL NOT CHANGE. are the exact reasons why people stay away.
Old 05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer39 View Post
A few, 4.......exactly just a few ....i could name 8 that used to take part !
some clubs have folded admittedly but there used to be 60- 70 racers turning up to race at each round.

best turn out this year ??.....30 ?
I'm afraid your attitude that things WILL NOT CHANGE. are the exact reasons why people stay away.
Try reading what I wrote buddy ??? Im sticking to the rules of the BRCA I do not make those rules so I'm afraid my attitude as you put it is to follow the rules that the BRCA set. Also to be honest I would rather have 30 people race by the rules then 60 racing to what ever rules they feel like! If you think you can do better come to the AGM and stand for the position of BRCA rep I'm happy just to keep racing rather then dealing with people that want things to be (how it use to be) this region was a joke (not my words what others thought of us in other regions) this year people from the outside the region came to race as it was better than what there own region was offering !! and we don't get 60-70 people racing anywhere in the southwest at regional or club level. So I look forward to seeing you at both AGMs where you can make a change
Old 05-10-2014

Previous to this year it went under the radar that non-EB list batteries were used but this year, it came to light, BRCA wasn't happy and has forced the Regions to comply with the wording in the handbook. Now, your region could of turned a 'blind eye' to them (but leaves them open for criticism) or there is another way, but you wouldn't of been allowed to take part in the finals. Anyhows, it isn't your Regional Reps fault this has come about.

Now, if you like the rule change, go to the AGM, vote for it, that will allow you to run ANY battery for your regionals next year, I for one think it is a good idea.
Old 05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Previous to this year it went under the radar that non-EB list batteries were used but this year, it came to light, BRCA wasn't happy and has forced the Regions to comply with the wording in the handbook. Now, your region could of turned a 'blind eye' to them (but leaves them open for criticism) or there is another way, but you wouldn't of been allowed to take part in the finals. Anyhows, it isn't your Regional Reps fault this has come about.

Now, if you like the rule change, go to the AGM, vote for it, that will allow you to run ANY battery for your regionals next year, I for one think it is a good idea.
At last thank you !!
Old 05-10-2014

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the rule is changed then this will allow me to use a non brca eb approved motor too? I'm fairly new to racing and wanted to try the regionals last year but like some new guys/girls had not only the wrong batts but also the wrong motor too. Non bRca Lipo s were only half the reason I could not take part.
Old 11-10-2014
Mad Member

i emailed the BRCA about the battery list and this is my question followed by their answer,

question i sent:

A club I have gone to for the last 3 years is now saying brca are saying we have to use batteries on the brca list, my batteries are hardcase turnigy nanotech and half the other drivers use these, I for one will not be racing next year if I can't use my nanotech batteries as I've got 10 of them and had to save for a long time to get these and can't afford any more batteries, The only time I have ever seen batteries go up was during charging and due to charger settings not the battery, I have been told by a member I may be ok and may still be able to use mine next year as I charge all my batteries at home and not at the club, can you confirm this and please reply concerning nanotech batteries, I know of at least 8 people that won't go next year if they can't use their batteries,

the BRCA response was:

Hi,

The EB listings are primarily used to keep as level a playing field as possible at National and Regional events. Use of the listings at club level is something that the club enforces and NOT the BRCA. The only thing we recommend is that the cells are from a genuine importer and that they are charged in a fireproof container.

However..... clubs that insist on BRCA EB compliance are covering they own backs very well as the use of any self imported cells is then excluded.

It is a club issue.

Cheers.

then i sent another email saying:::::

Hi, thanks for the reply but i was told that it's the brca insisting we only use batteries from the approved battery list on the brca website, can you confirm if this is correct,
Plus the answer didn't answer one of my questions which was if it is a brca enforced rule can I use ones not on the list if I charge them at home and do no charging at the club.
Please reply again commenting on both questions, thankyou.

the reply i got was:::::

Hi,

We don't insist on the lists being used, it's up to the clubs. It's not even enforced in two of the sections! It's a voluntary thing, you choose to use the lists or not.

We have no rules on charging at home or the club, we ask you to do it according to the manufacturers instructions to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.
mine were purchased from hobbyking uk and they were the importer, not me via other means
Old 11-10-2014

They said - We don't insist on the lists being used, it's up to the clubs. It's not even enforced in two of the sections! It's a voluntary thing, you choose to use the lists or not.

Remember guys Sections are different to regions.

So this is not saying that 2 regions were not using the battery rule that 2 sections are not !! Just before I am ask the question again of why we enforce it at regionals.
Old 11-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
Just before I am ask the question again of why we enforce it at regionals.
The answer is simple, because someone proposed it and the drivers voted for it at the AGM. The BRCA officials are only there to enforce the rules that the majority of drivers at the AGM voted in. The two sections that don't use the EB lists are the bike and micro sections, both choose to run their own choice of electrics.

The lists started when we used nimh cells and brushed motors, when you would get the motor and battery of the month, when your motor choice was down to which one would last the five minutes without dumping and cheap batteries didn't have the power or duration of race spec cells. Using the lists meant you didn't have to constantly replace your batteries with new ones that performed a little better, which was seen as a good thing and why the rule was voted in.

Last edited by terry.sc; 11-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2014

Terry, exactly!!

The 10th off-road and on-road sections use the Electric Board homologation rules and lists for the 'Sanctioned' events. A club day IS NOT a sanctioned event. The clubs responsibility is to run it's events in accordance with the General Rules, one of which is that 'drive batteries' (LiPO) have to be charged in a lipo sack etc.

Your club has chosen to implement the list for some reason, you would need to ask them.

As for buying from a reputable UK shop/distributor and not bring them in from outside the UK yourself can only be, in my opinion, for public liability if your cell does fail and damage property.

I do think you are barking up the wrong tree with blaming the BRCA, they aren't perfect but this is not their issue, take it up with your clubs chairman.
Old 11-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
As for buying from a reputable UK shop/distributor and not bring them in from outside the UK yourself can only be, in my opinion, for public liability if your cell does fail and damage property.
Yes, if for example a lipo went up in your house your home insurance company will pay out to you, then try and claim the money back from the importers product liability insurance, or if they don't have insurance from the importer himself. So that means you.

BTW even if buying from Hobbykings UK warehouse your contract is still with Hobbyking in Hong Kong, the UK warehouse is just a distribution centre for the main company.
Old 12-10-2014

Has someone had that stated to them officially, I just had micro batteries from them, ordered from the UK warehouse, posted from there to.
Old 12-10-2014
Mad Member

the "UK Warehouse" is a warehousing and distribution company called Lucky Stuff Ltd, which holds no stock itself. While owned by the same owner as Hobbyking, it isn't part of Hobbyking itself.
Old 30-10-2014

Default After the AGM !!

So which way did the voting go? TvE