Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 23-04-2010

Question Predator x11 or Team Durango?!

Hello from the United States. I am just getting back into the hobby and I am trying to decide on my next kit. I seem to drawn to both the Durango and the x11. I have had some very good costumer help on the info front from the guys at Team Xtreme which makes me want to give them a chance but I am just not sure about the car.

I also just found out that Team Durango is coming to the States so that might be better for me. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks,

Roger
Old 23-04-2010
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

both cars are very good { use to run a x11 } and running this season durango if durango are going over to the states that might be easyer for u which is always the best way to be
Old 23-04-2010

Default x11

How did you like the x11? The review I saw on here did not seem as good as the one for the Durango plus I saw the sub-par review of the x10 which made me wonder. I will say that I have not had good luck getting info from Team Durango which is a bummer. It took them 3 days to respond to one email and they did not even give me the answers to all my questions. Team xtreme on the other hand has been great giving me info.

Thanks for your info!

Roger
Old 23-04-2010
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

i found the x11 a really good strong car and was very quick but not always easy to drive fast the x10 was nowhere near as good as the x11 and the durango at this moment in time is slightly easyer to drive faster but dont look as good as the pred i never had any issues with team xtreme and i havnt dealt with durango direct i use my local model shop who sells durango stuff hope this helps
Old 23-04-2010

Team Durango all the way mate!

Ive been running one for the past 6 months or so and my results have improved dramatically. Made the A final last weekend at our first National of the season.

Their customer service is excellent, and input/help is always on hand from Team drivers.

No doubt the Predator is a a great car, but i would say go for the Durango!

Old 23-04-2010

I'm going from the durango to pred personally, but its not because the car or Td did anything wrong, just because i prefer how the predator drives.

I think really thats probably what is best to make the decision on, as with the new shop (see the news on insidelineracing.co.uk) you should get good support from both pred and durango.

what sort of surfaces will you be driving on in US?
Old 23-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

The problem with questions like this is that your always going to be advised to go for the car that the poster is driving or even sponsored by.....

So here goes...

Pred X11 08!!

but seriously they are both very capable cars and both something slightly different from the norm. There is plenty of support for setups for both cars. The pred has a designated forum which might be worth a look (www.the-pred.co.uk) and ofcourse there is always support available right here on oople in the team xtreme section.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever car you opt for, but if you do go for a pred feel free to ask questions in any of the forums.

Cheers
Kev
Old 23-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLee View Post
The problem with questions like this is that your always going to be advised to go for the car that the poster is driving or even sponsored by.....

So here goes...

Pred X11 08!!

but seriously they are both very capable cars and both something slightly different from the norm. There is plenty of support for setups for both cars. The pred has a designated forum which might be worth a look (www.the-pred.co.uk) and ofcourse there is always support available right here on oople in the team xtreme section.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever car you opt for, but if you do go for a pred feel free to ask questions in any of the forums.

Cheers
Kev
Ill second Kev on that

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 23-04-2010

its probably not too relevant as its an older model but i always found preds (etq and p80 in my case) to have a quite loose rear end and feel almost like a 2wd with stability but would bite you in the a** if you pushed too hard.
on the other hand ive never actually been at the wheel of a durango so can only speculate that based on the geometry its going to feel more like a b44 or similar.
so personally id recon go durango as id guess theres more people trackside likely to run one compared the the pred
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 23-04-2010

Default Thanks

You guys are amazing!

It is great to see so much activity on a forum. I am new to this site so this has been very cool for me.

In regards to the surface I will be running the car on, it is a medium size dirt track with some good jumps but nothing crazy. The big craze in the States now is short course racing, not really my thing but I am sure I will have fun racing them with whatever car I go with.
Old 23-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

In all honesty, either car you wont be disappointed, both very well made and both very fast, they're both something special in their own way...

Get a Pred though

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 23-04-2010

Default Used

Does anyone know where I could get a used x11 or Durango? This might allow me to try out both for myself so I can see which one really works best for me. From the feedback I am getting it seems like both cars are good so the choice is hard. I do think if I went for the Durango I would do the 410r since it is more affordable.

Cheers,

Roger
Old 23-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

Just to add a little more confusion in the mix... there will be an RS version of the predator available soon which is the affordable version of the X11.
Old 23-04-2010

Quote:
Just to add a little more confusion in the mix... there will be an RS version of the predator available soon which is the affordable version of the X11.
Any further detail that you are able to furnish us with, Kev?
Old 23-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

I hope Jimmy doesn't mind me posting this link to the pred forum but Chris put something on there a while ago about it.

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=720.0

I had a good look over it a while back and its a really nice kit, if I was given that to race when I joined the team I would have been more than happy! I think this will be a popular kit!
Old 25-04-2010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanota View Post
......................I have had some very good costumer help on the info front from the guys at Team Xtreme which makes me want to give them a chance but I am just not sure about the car.......

Thanks,

Roger
It's so radically different from other cars that's understandable. The Durango is a very, very nice piece of kit, but apart from the diff's it's quite like other cars, if a very strong version.... but the Pred, well, it's from another planet.

I'm strongly of the opinion that your race results come from you, not the car. Both are strong, fast, relyable weapons, but if you want to stand out from crowd then it can only be the Pred.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 25-04-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 25-04-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

I had an x10 and while it was running it was amazing to drive, it did used to break very regularly tho to be honest. I think the latest x11 is much stronger tho and if this is true you wont be able to seperate either car. Parts availability could be better tho for the pred
Old 26-04-2010

Hi, I am Predator X10 owner. I would buy the Durango.
Old 26-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Buy one of each

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 28-04-2010

Quote:
I hope Jimmy doesn't mind me posting this link to the pred forum but Chris put something on there a while ago about it.

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=720.0

I had a good look over it a while back and its a really nice kit, if I was given that to race when I joined the team I would have been more than happy! I think this will be a popular kit!
I like the look of that. Think I may be tempted.