Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 18-05-2007

Was there any rain at Oswestry?

'Brownish' sounds like it could be rust.
Old 18-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

it was dry as a bone . and bloody hot ..
Old 18-05-2007
Super Moderator

Guys, leave the poor kid alone, he has a defective part and is trying to sort it out.

Brushless motors do need taking apart from time to time.

G
Old 18-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Guys, leave the poor kid alone, he has a defective part and is trying to sort it out.

G
well said
Old 18-05-2007
Administrator

Get yer photo up Ash, someone is bound to have the same problem if its a fault.
Old 18-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Thanks G ill have a scower around the my PC for the pic i would just take another one but mirage still have it. And normally i wouldnt moan but i cant cut a slot in the screw without damaging the end of the motor. And mirage said that the screws wouldnt be in for a few months.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 18-05-2007

No i havent got it jimmy. Its not on my pc and not on my camera it must have been deleted. I may give orion a ring and see what they say.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 18-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post

G
this is random ash were talking about here northy,

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 18-05-2007

Old 18-05-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
this is random ash were talking about here northy,
But if it's faulty its faulty. Also they could well be bloody long 4-40 screws like in my Novaks which would be a bugger to source.

G
Old 18-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
What???? There was no hex in the screw head. I put my allen driver in turned nothing just spun around in the head.

A
And I'm not zorro.

If its rounded, jsut tell them that, Seriosuly, all they need to do is dremel a slot in it , remove it, and insert a new one, why they making such a big deal over 0.0001p worth of screw?
Old 18-05-2007

They havent got the right screws.

A

Old 18-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I hope you get this sorted Ash, sounds like Mirage have turned a simple fault into a big deal.

If they haven't got the part, they could get it in 48hrs if they tried. Or they could simply take a screw out of another motor to put in yours and then order the spare to complete the motor they have....

Should have gone Novak, I told ya dude!

Chris
Old 18-05-2007

I know but hay hopefully orion will help me.

I have never had a problem with an of my orion stuff i have orion cells that are still good and my advantage is still going ace.

A

I have a trick up my sleave

Old 18-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to tc2k

Not sure orion will be doing anything right now with the takeover
Old 19-05-2007

ok, to help you out we need a bit more information, where did you buy the motor from, did you get a returns authorisation from mirage, did you ask mirage to remove the screw or replace the motor.

the reason for the questions is i deal with mirage all the time, they can be a bit of a pain sometimes but usually as long as it is done properly in accordance with their wishes they are better than most on warranty items, i find it hard to believe that mirage would create such a fuss over 1 screw.
john
Old 19-05-2007

I bought the motor from microtechracing. I rang mirage up exsplaining my problem and they asked if i could e-mail them a picture. I e-mailled them the picture and i had no reply. So i rang them about a week later and they asked for my to send it to them. So i sent it to them i rang them up yesterday after hearing nothing. And the man just said to me rounded screws arent coveres under warenty. At this i was annoyed so i tried to exsplain that this is how it came and he wouldnt have any of it. I said look at the screw its brown and it hasnt had the finish put on and he was silent for a few seconds and he changed the subject. He just said he would arrange for it to be sent back to me. So next i left it a minute then i called back and asked to speak to someone in authority they wouldnt let me speak to anyone higher than the after sales care manager. So i got no further with her. So i then called microtechracing which i thought might have some infulence over mirage. And they where very friendly and very helpfull. But they came back with the same thing if mirage wont replace it under warrenty neither will we. So now im stuck. I dont know if i should ring trading standards or ifi should contact orion to make sure they are aware of the problem and maybe they will help me. If not there is not much i can do. Carl lathem says if i can prove the motor came with the rounded screw mirage may have to replace it. Now ive just got to think of someone else who saw it bar me.

A

Old 19-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I bought the motor from microtechracing. I rang mirage up exsplaining my problem and they asked if i could e-mail them a picture. I e-mailled them the picture and i had no reply. So i rang them about a week later and they asked for my to send it to them. So i sent it to them i rang them up yesterday after hearing nothing. And the man just said to me rounded screws arent coveres under warenty. At this i was annoyed so i tried to exsplain that this is how it came and he wouldnt have any of it. I said look at the screw its brown and it hasnt had the finish put on and he was silent for a few seconds and he changed the subject. He just said he would arrange for it to be sent back to me. So next i left it a minute then i called back and asked to speak to someone in authority they wouldnt let me speak to anyone higher than the after sales care manager. So i got no further with her. So i then called microtechracing which i thought might have some infulence over mirage. And they where very friendly and very helpfull. But they came back with the same thing if mirage wont replace it under warrenty neither will we. So now im stuck. I dont know if i should ring trading standards or ifi should contact orion to make sure they are aware of the problem and maybe they will help me. If not there is not much i can do. Carl lathem says if i can prove the motor came with the rounded screw mirage may have to replace it. Now ive just got to think of someone else who saw it bar me.

A
cant u just replace the screw
Old 19-05-2007

NO!!

One the screws arent in the county and wont be for the next few months.

And if i try and cut a slot in it i will damage the motor. Which i dont want to do.

A

Old 19-05-2007

ashley
first of all your contract is with the shop you bought it from not mirage, you have a case if you can show that the item was not fit for purpose etc, however in this case it will be almost impossible to prove one way or another, that said most shops will attempt to sort you out, in this case i would get the screw out without damaging the motor, i have the capability and most shops will too, a replacement screw isn't an issue, we can get them from a variety of sources, in this case the screw must have had a head on it when fitted or how did they get it in?, so did the worker in the factory do it?, maybe or did you do it?, maybe. you will say not but you would say that, they will say they didn't do it and again they would also say that. no one here knows the conversation you had with mirage or has seen the motor, i find it strange that mirage have point blank refused to do anything, involve trading standards if you wish but do you need the stress, just find the engineer at racing and he will have the screw out, there is a lot of them about