Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-2017

Default 2017 Race Reports

Well following an absolutely cracking full Sunday racing (if you missed it, you missed out) - a little quiet this week which is only to be expected on a Monday night following a full race day on the Sunday so missing quite a few regulars.
Even so 2 busy heats running, a 7 car TC and a 9 car mixed due to the shortage of buggies running 4no Q and 2 leg finals.

Some great racing – particular Q4 when the lead changed between the same 2 cars on around 6 occasions – all clean overtakes!!!! Wish we’d caught that on video.
Also the fastest 3 cars in that round having the exact same best lap times to the hundredth of a second! J

Good to have Dangerous Dave back racing after a few years missing and also Jonathan Cairns back again J

A bit better week for me following missing both finals last week, undriveable in the first round following diff rebuilds, missed the second with a dislodged pivot pin, but back on the pace Q3 & Q4 and a 2nd and 1st giving me my first overall win of the series – which doesn’t really encourage me to bin the vintage Losi and try out the Durango for the first time :-/

Unused Durango anyone ;-)

Can’t wait for next week now!!!