Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 11-08-2011
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinedred View Post
2 and half hours!? i live in birmingham i cant do 5 hours diesel for the hope of being noticed by ansmann
central location is needed!
I do totally understand but what you have to look into is that if you think you can represent the products well, we will save you more money than what you spend in petrol on the first order you make.
Something to think about.
Old 11-08-2011

maby they want people to travel to show how commited they are to, i want to come and tbh probly wont even make the top ten to be picked but it will be a good day what ever happens
Old 11-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptRacing View Post
Looks like the Midlands has lost out to this, any Ansmann drivers wanting to attend from the Midlands has at least a 2.30hr drive to get to any of these places, seems Ansmann want more than just a show of commitment, looks like we will also be supporting the fuel companies with all the fuel need to get there, shame really as there is a lot of Ansmann drivers in the Midlands who would love to attend but due to most peoples money restrictions wont be making it, its a shame a company like this has let a lot of people down with only having a north and south meeting, how can young Johhny persuade his parents to go on a 5 hour drive to go to a race meeting, not very well thought out this at all, and why is a member of a shop having to sort this rather than coming from Ansmann direct, I feel there is a commercial reason behind this, surely there must a be an impartial person sorting this and not have a hidden agenda to create more sales through this, as you can tell I wont be attending despite supporting Ansmann cars for the past couple of years in my local area, sorry guys this how I feel about this and feel very let down by Ansmann.
Surely you equally understand that they're going to be looking for drivers that will be willing to race up and down the UK in at least the National series, they're not going to start giving A-team drives and kit away to people that just race at their local clubs as it's a whole team they're trying to build - The only way a team can work is by being at race meetings together, sharing experience, set-ups, tricks and tips.
Old 11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinedred View Post
2 and half hours!? i live in birmingham i cant do 5 hours diesel for the hope of being noticed by ansmann
central location is needed!
the whole point is are you prepared to put some commitment into your racing?, why should any company support you if you are not doing anything in return.
Old 11-08-2011

hi can i have the post codes for both race days please im 4 hours from both race days but im going to go to at let one if not the two

NEW JENKINS RACING.png
Old 11-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post
hi can i have the post codes for both race days please im 4 hours from both race days but im going to go to at let one if not the two

Attachment 26533

Directions to Southport are here
http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=6
To make booking in of new drivers to the club easier on the day, please sent your driver details to
info@srcc.co.uk

Cheers Simon

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 11-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post

Attachment 26533
Eden Park Raceway
Club Langley
Hawksbrook Lane
Beckenham
Kent
BR3 3SR
Old 11-08-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptRacing View Post
Looks like the Midlands has lost out to this, any Ansmann drivers wanting to attend from the Midlands has at least a 2.30hr drive to get to any of these places, seems Ansmann want more than just a show of commitment, looks like we will also be supporting the fuel companies with all the fuel need to get there, shame really as there is a lot of Ansmann drivers in the Midlands who would love to attend but due to most peoples money restrictions wont be making it, its a shame a company like this has let a lot of people down with only having a north and south meeting, how can young Johhny persuade his parents to go on a 5 hour drive to go to a race meeting, not very well thought out this at all, and why is a member of a shop having to sort this rather than coming from Ansmann direct, I feel there is a commercial reason behind this, surely there must a be an impartial person sorting this and not have a hidden agenda to create more sales through this, as you can tell I wont be attending despite supporting Ansmann cars for the past couple of years in my local area, sorry guys this how I feel about this and feel very let down by Ansmann.
I have rarely read such shite in my life. No, I'm lying - captainlip's post are nearly as full of it as this one.

There was never going to be a midlands race. It has clearly been posted several times it is going to be a northern round and a southern round. You think you driving 2.5 hours is bad? Try living in scotland and driving to the Northern round in Southport (which if you look at a map is pretty close to half way up the country...)
Why does Stu working in a shop make any difference to anything? As far as I'm aware JE does not have a shop near Eden Park. All Stu's posts have been made as the lead Ansmann sponsored driver, therefore it is coming direct from Ansmann.
Work permitting I'll try and do the 1hr30 trip to southport.
Old 11-08-2011

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
If you come to Southport there may be something special their but I can only hope.
Old 12-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Ive got an idea what it could be but i could be completely wrong

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 12-08-2011
Thieving scumbag

well i fancy doing both if im honest im an ansmann team driver but the chance to see other people with ansmann cars makes the trip worth it and i hope stu can help me get my 4wd set up a little better
Old 13-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Regards to tracks in the midlands, I did try and get one but they wanted too much money and this is not about money, its about Ansmann and getting the brand up to where it should be and that is at the top like it is everywhere else in the World.
regards to the tracks in the midlands, i know of 4 near Nottingham and i believe i would have heard if they had been asked especially 2 of them.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 13-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I'll try and do the 1hr30 trip to southport.
if it was only that i would do it too.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 13-08-2011
Thieving scumbag

guys the race is free when have you ever seen that? surely that makes the trip worth a go also what do any of you guys do if you have a race that is not 20mins from your house. this is a great chance dont miss out on ll the £'s you can save if you get a drive
Old 13-08-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle_axe View Post
guys the race is free when have you ever seen that? surely that makes the trip worth a go also what do any of you guys do if you have a race that is not 20mins from your house. this is a great chance dont miss out on ll the £'s you can save if you get a drive
+1
Old 14-08-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
regards to the tracks in the midlands, i know of 4 near Nottingham and i believe i would have heard if they had been asked especially 2 of them.
They weren't asked. It was always a north and south thing.
Old 14-08-2011

For those of us in Scotland,it's not a north/south meeting,it's a south/south one. As for the south meeting,that's the better part of a 12 hour drive each way,so much as I'd like to take part,it's just out of the question.( Near enough a 1000 mile round trip).
Old 14-08-2011

is it indoor or out
Old 14-08-2011

why are people being negative, yes it might be far for some but its not like your driving there every day of the week its a one off for most. its good to go to other tracks from time to time, to see new faces , and test your self on the track, i love going places ive never been. me and my mrs used to travel to eastbourne and colchester and brands hatch, just for rc cars and by no means are we rich but we managed just the odd day a year, its 250miles one way to eastbourne for us.

dont let this slip by people you will only wish you went
Old 14-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

[QUOTE=Dreadstar;539849]For those of us in Scotland,it's not a north/south meeting,it's a south/south one.

HAHAHAAA, great. for me they would all upwards!
To be fair, i think its a great opportunity for anybody to showcase their skills and to try and get the support every driver on this forum wants/dreams of from a major company.
If your concerned about a short 4/6hr odd round trip then i guess its not for you. (i know my parents used to drive me anywhere if it would have improved my chances at whatever hobby/sport i did) I'm still sh#t at them all, but hey, it was worth it Just the experience will be worth travelling for in my opinion.