Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 18-04-2009

Thumbs up Please Read: Summary of Info for the 2009 Season

Info for 2009 - Please read.

Class Rules
Rules are per BRCA Handbook, Random cell voltage checks will be made before the heat is run, Cells and motors as per BRCA Handbook.

BRCA Membership.
All clubs and all drivers should be fully aware but, just to re-iterate, all drivers and club officials must be in possession of current 2009 BRCA Membership, which can be attained either through their parent club or direct with the BRCA. Full details are available at:http://www.brca.org/ and click on 'Join'

Regional Championships, points scoring system.
Championship points for the 2009 season will be awarded for both final overall Qualifying position and final overall Final position. With 100 points being awarded for the TQ driver, points being awarded downwards below them. Then the winner of the A Final will be awarded 100 points, with points being allocated downwards on subsequent finishing positions. The winner of each Championship will be the driver that has the best '3 from 4' overall score, that is of the four rounds of each class, your best three scores will go towards your overall Championship position and also your 2010 Formula.

Drivers are reminded that though they can race in more than one region they can only score Regional Championship points in one! They must inform the club officials they are scoring points in another region at the time of booking into the meeting. These drivers must be removed from the regional finals and be placed in the open class finals.

Booking In, Heat Listings, Seeding & Formulas.
With, what appears to be I'm very pleased to say, so many new and returning drivers coming to 1:10 off-road in this Region the heat listings for the first ME Regional rounds in each class will be based on several criteria: BRCA Formula; 2008 ME Regional Championship finishing position and known ability. Booking in for each round will close on the Friday Night prior to the Sunday meeting. Any drivers not booked in will go into the reserve heats with mixed ability drivers. Obviously this will be subject to careful consideration on the day. Subsequent rounds will, as per usual, also take into consideration drivers current 2009 Championship positions.

New Junior Classes.
For the 2009 season there will now be two separate Junior classes competing within the main body of both the two and four wheel drive Regional Championships. They are Under 13, that is under the age of 13 as of 01 January 2009 and Under 16, that is under the age of 16 as of 01 January 2009. It is suggested by the Regional Representative, the top three of each Junior category (U13 and U16) will be presented, by the host club, with an award for their efforts, on the day of EACH Regional round. Championship trophies and / or perpetual shields being awarded in relation to the final Junior Regional Championship positions, will be presented at the last meeting of each formula, the nature of these trophies has yet to be finalised.It will be the responsibility of all participating clubs to inform me of the respective ages of drivers wanting to compete in both classes.

ALL Juniors (both U13 and U16) will race for £4 at ALL BRCA SE Regional Championship rounds during 2009.

Open Class.
Holding clubs should, as in previous years, be prepared to include an ''Open Class' for the category of vehicle that was not competing for points on the day, i.e. 2WD Regional @ ???, 4WD Open Class.

Time Table.
As discussed we will run to a timetable for 2009, this means pre-booking is an essential part of running each meeting, please could all participants pre-book either on line or by post details at www.me-or.co.uk as a last resort you may contact the regional rep by telephone, this must be before the Friday deadline.

Timetable as follows, if you have not pre booked you may miss out on practice, especially if your late arriving.

Booking in 8 - 9
Heat Practice 8:15 - 9:45
Drivers Briefing 10
Heat 1 at 10:15, 11:25, 12:35, 13:45
Finals 15:00

All Except West Brigford who will run +1 Hour to the above time table.

BRCA 1:10 Off-road End of Season Finals.
Yes we know the season hasn't even started yet but as before drivers should be thinking about the BRCA 1:10 Off-road End of Season Finals, these are aimed specifically at the lower Formulas, Juniors and Veterans. Dates and venues are detailed on the BRCA off-road calendar and should drivers require more details, these and entry forms will be available throughout the season. If you're interested but want to know more, please just ask!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again I get the impression that a lot of drivers are looking forward to another exciting new season with an increasing number of competitors of all ages and abilities, as always everybody's welcome!

Jim Balls
BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section Midlands East Regional Representative