Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 18-04-2011

Default Ten SCTE vs DESCR vs SC10 4x4

As the title says, which one is best?

I confess, I am drawn to the Losi, as it is pre-built. But, I want the best for racing.

Your thoughts?
Old 18-04-2011
Mad Member

Just got a Losi SCTE and very impressed with quality of it, is a beefy bit of kit and can't wait to run it, just waiting for a motor and its ready to go.

The only niggle was the fact it was pre built, so bit pointless when had to strip it down to replace nasty thick grease in diffs with oil... and it takes some degreasing as its like Castrol LM plastered in them!

Shocks feel good and a lot beefier than i'm used to after running a Hong Nor SCRT-10, plus it has a lower C of G than Hong Nor and Hobao as standard.

Kit tyres look good too, hopefully will work on British dirt tracks in the national SCT series

Like the fact it has anti roll bars fitted, three tuneable diffs, can run stick or saddle packs in stick formation and a nice chunky rear bumper which is a niggle with Durango not including these features as standard.

Don't like the feel of quality with kit shiny screws so will be seeking replacements in future but probably being picky tbh

Was very tempted with Durango but don't regret buying the Losi, may be different feelings when out on the track but hopefully not.
Old 19-04-2011

Sounds good.

I like the idea that it is prebuilt - not enough time!

Look forward to hearing how it runs.

I have the Novak Havoc 550 in the post, just need a truck to go with it?

Any others out there with views?

G.
Old 28-05-2011

So, come on guys - lets have some more thoughts on these three trucks - I need to make a decision soon!

G
Old 28-05-2011

Save your money. Go on holiday.
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 28-05-2011
Mad Member

No brainer mate. Get the 'rango. I've got one and its awesome. If you can justify the expense then its the only choice. Gotta say I've not seen an SC10 4x4 run yet although I've heard they have some issues on the drive train. Could be BS though. Internet is full of it. My own experience is with the Hong Nor and Durango. Hong Nor is good but Durango is in a different league.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 28-05-2011

Had the slash 4x4 to compare my new SC10 4x4 and there is no comparison,its night and day between the two,Handles so much better and i am able to drive it quicker,i have gone with the casltle 1410 3800kv sidewinder SCT ESC.(jang ultimate RC put this in his)
Was my first car that i built and it went together with no issues,put 50k diff oil up from and 5k in rear,35wt shock oil up from and 25wt rear.
The clicker is a nice idea which when on supposed to turn easier but saying that it turns way better than the slash 4x4 anyway.
Also have the 2WD SC10.
Should be running both 2wd and 4wd at next event but im a 9 in terms of skill level as only been doing the hobby for 6mnths,did win the B-final in the first round with teh slash so lets hope i make the A-final with the SC10 4x4.
Watch this space for a running video.