Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 07-03-2012

Default xray t3 2012 problem

hi to all i recently bought and built t3 2012 to replace my t3 2010 all seemed ok when i went to my club night i race on indoor carpet i drove car down straight slowly to check to see if steering was straight it was ( i set car up on setup guages before hand ) but when i started to go faster in practice on full throttle car was veering of and had to keep steering on radio to keep car straight apart from this car is great but i was 1-2 laps faster with my t3 2010 then this one due to the car veering of slightly down the straight any ideas ? car is set up for carpet as in manual 25 % shock rebound thanks
hi to all i recently bought and built t3 2012 to replace my t3 2010 all seemed ok when i went to my club night i race on indoor carpet i drove car down straight slowly to check to see if steering was straight it was ( i set car up on setup guages before hand ) but when i started to go faster in practice on full throttle car was veering of and had to keep steering on radio to keep car straight apart from this car is great but i was 1-2 laps faster with my t3 2010 then this one due to the car veering of slightly down the straight any ideas ? car is set up for carpet as in manual 25 % shock rebound thanks
Old 07-03-2012

Default steering

i would a check servo ,b check tire diamaters and mack shre of even size,b check and see if you dont have a bearing ahging in hub or right wheel crushing bearing or just too to tight ,make sure steering beel crank is free and not to tight also if not then look at rebuilding front diff and seeing if theres a error there
hope theeses ideas help
Old 07-03-2012

Could be a dozen different things, including tweak, binding suspension, uneven rear toe, binding bearings, tight driveshaft, binding steering, incorrectly assembled servo saver, faulty servo, uneven front steering rod lengths, incorrect front toe etc.

Take the car to one of the quick drivers at your track, they will probably spot the issue pretty quickly.
Old 09-03-2012

thanks guys for info car was still not very good at last night club night so stripped car down when i got home did find rear drive pin was sticking out one one side catching the rear hub slightly so sorted that could this be the causing the problems i have been having ?
Old 12-03-2012

May have been contributing to it my old t2 had a few strange problems that turned out to be a seized bearing in one of the rear hubs.
Old 13-03-2012

Glad you sorted it! I had a similar problam and that too turned out to be pin related too......
Old 13-03-2012

Good chance that was your problem, if it was rubbing on the hub and causing the wheel to rotate slower than the otherside then it would make sense the car wouldn't drive straight.

a bit of thread lock on the grub screw holding in the pin should do the trick, associated had the best idea with the covers that stopped the pin coming out eve if the grub screw loosened.

Hopefully you wont have the same problem next meeting.

Good luck
Graham