Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South West

Old 21-07-2013

Default South West Regionals 2013

Well boys and girls that is another season of the regionals all done
I would like to say congratulations to Paul Field (4wd) and Ryan Lees (2wd) on winning the overall series and well done to the rest of you with your finishing results (these will be all posted once all verified by the BRCA ) ! As you may or may not know I was standing in at quite a few events to help out David Rowcliffe as he has had alot on this summer and will stepping down from the role at the end of the year David has done this role for many years abit like Alex Ferguson but with out the hairdryer! So if you see him a thanks for all he has done would not go a miss! I would like to also thank Andy from Worm Chris and Jaquie Rowcliffe from TRCCC and Simon and Steve from WCRCC for all there help with running the race meetings this year! I would also like to thank Rob and Alan from Southwest RC for providing a shop at all the rounds! I know some of the decisions I have made you might not agree with but I have had to make them to set the mark going forward to next year! As for next year I have already started the foundations and all will be sorted and ready to go next year!

I suppose I better thank my mother for sitting all day and putting silly toy cars on the scales and in a metal box all day and putting up with us and our funny ways.

Thanks again guys
See you next year
Martin Owen

Now where did i put that large bottle of whiskey !!!! lol
Old 22-07-2013

Thanks Martin

Well done Ryan. You got used to grass then!!!

2014 & 2013 BRCA 4WD 1/10 Off Road Southwest Regional Champion
1998 BRCA 1/10 IC Circuit British Champion
www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.WESTCOUNTRYRESORTS.CO.UK
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 22-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Well done to Paul and Ryan for topping the tables this year, I know it was very close and you guys drove some great races to finish top of the bunch.

Thanks Martin for doing a great job as stand in BRCA rep, I know it wasn't easy at times and I didn't help that much (dont know why but I have become quite competative lately ). I believe that the South West Regionals (SWORDS!) are in good hands next year.

Thank you Dave, Jaquie and Chris for the time you have put into this championship over the years, it's always been good racing in the South West and you have always been there if we had questions or problems.

And finally a big shout out to Ben Martin for making the prize giving at Cornwall so entertaining. I hope Ryan has forgiven you but I would still watch your back mate!! For those that were not there you will just have to wait for the photo.
Old 22-07-2013

Thanks Martin, Good job.

You are more than up to the challenge of the childish behaviour of some of the lads (you know who you are B.n .a.t.n).

Like Alan said, I would watch you back for a while!!!

It was very very funny though