Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2014

Default Possible...Boughton Regional Cancellation/standing down

After the protest raised at NBC concerning entries received after booking in closing, I have spoken with the rest of the Boughton crew.
Boughton feel that all the clubs in Region are trying to bring the Region forward in 1/10 off road racing, and with complaints being received from people, of which one was not even present at the meeting, makes us question if it is all worth it.
Basically the protest/complaints were about allowing extra people to book in after the closing date. At the AGM I stated I wanted pre book, pre pay so that only people who were genuine about racing at a meeting actually booked in, thus saving time having to resort heats on the day after the no shows had been removed, this was agreed by all. No definite decision was made on what to do if people wanted to book in after this date and I believe it was left as, "if there is space in that class and they understand they may not be in a seeded heat then I will see what I can do, as long as they don't make a habit of it". After all we want as many people to be able to race as possible. A couple of points, at Herts one person booked in on the day, this person had been helping the club in the run up to the meeting and entry was by way of a thank you, and they paid. At NBC I received e-mails from 5 people wishing to race in either one or both classes. They all paid, all details were sent to the host club and there were no issues.
What I do in the week before a meeting....keeping an eye on central booking entries I judge how many finals we will have and order the trophies. After booking in closes I do a download of both classes, send the information off to the host club, I then work out who is doing two classes, and go on to paypal and refund each driver their multiclass entry money. I then sort the heats, of which I have spent a few days coming up with a fairer seeding system using a drivers last 4 meetings instead of just their championship position (a driver may have missed an early round and so constantly be in a lower heat due to their position until drop scores kick in and their true championship position shows), then in the next few days I keep checking the e-mails and looking after anyone that wishes to book in, or general inquiries. The day before a meeting after the late entries I will plug in the entry numbers into quite a complex spreadsheet, which works out single and double entries, taking into account the central booking fees and paypal fees, trophy bills and every other penny coming in and going out of the regions funds. After a meeting I look after updating the championship tables, upload results, and now update the seedings, and get ready to open up central booking to do it all again. At the end of the day I enjoy racing rc cars as we all do, well at least should do. I have a family and I work, plus I help run two clubs. I thought this region could be a success and feel that we have some great venues compared to just 2 years ago when we had only 3 tracks hosting Regionals. I don't need some of the hassles I got last year but felt this year we had moved on, sadly with this latest hassle being basically about "allowing extra" people to race, I sadly see no other option than to consider standing down and letting someone else deal with it all, I will take a few days out to think about things.
As for the Boughton Meeting we will be meeting later this week to decide if we feel the potential hassles we may get is worth all of our efforts.