Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-07-2008

I figured the San Bernardino tunnel wasn't worth it's 18,70 euros, so took the pass/col instead. Nobody told me it's a crummy old 1-lane road with roadworks everywhere! Stunning views though. I learned that having a GPS is very handy to see what's coming afther all those hairpin turns. Keeps the speed up.
Consistently drove above the speed limit, even in Switzerland. No flashes, no radar guns, no tickets in the mail yet. Passed near Wankdorf again :-) And through Emmental, and Gruyère.... Northy would be jealous.
Old 14-07-2008

the story of brians little mishap mid bend!! it all started at the tolls me my dad and dc were in my dads car we got clear out of the tolls and slowed for them both to catch up. both glyn and bri hit the tolls at the same time. the gates went up and the race began!! dad was driving looking in the mirror waiting for the chasing pair to catch up they came into view side side by round the bend . at that moment my dad started shouting "he's lost it he's lost it"!! dc's reply "wot he's lost the race" dad said "no he's lost the van he's spun it". dc's panicing to get a glipse at wots evolved with his van and catch a glancing picture of glyn still goin round the bend and bri sideways oops! he hadn't just spun the once he done a whole 720 and missed all barriers and glyns van and had actually pulled back in a straight line. we all slowed everyone was ok both the vans had passed us. so we drove slowly passed bri in the silver van they both looking rather scared then passed glyn in the winning blue van with glyn yardy and wyman pissing themselves !! poor old barny was white as a sheet and still was hanging on to 2 jesus handles as we pulled into servives 5 mins later his knuckles were white his face was white and didnt move very much ! and bri reply was that backend got a bit light but not as much as his ar*ehole! so with that barney jumped in with us and dc braved himself with the rest of the drive home with brian!!
Old 14-07-2008
Lee-Mag

Bloody hell i missed it, i passed glyn and the boys just before i swerved for the copper, that would have been ace to see.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 14-07-2008

lee whyman spotted you but you where in worpfacter 9 good job you where whyman thought they had a stinger . we where only doing 140k as it was slight up grade.
Old 14-07-2008

sorry bri had to put the story up! as we all know ure quick on the straight just not as good in the corners
Old 14-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
sorry bri had to put the story up! as we all know ure quick on the straight just not as good in the corners
Nice

I'll admit freely something was well and truly twitching.
Plus the adrenalin rush afterwards, but it's not something i'd like to try/experiance again.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 14-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that story sounds better on here, well better than living through it!!!!
Old 14-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Guys its funny, im glad you're all hear to tell the story.
Wouldn't have been so nice if anyone hurt, but nobody was, so its one im sure the grandchildren will get...
Old 14-07-2008

LOL I was sat a few metres in front when the whole incident unravelled and missed everything! Being sat in the back, all i could see when I looked behind was boxes and the rear windows don't open so I couldn't stick my head out and look back to see either

Anyway, I thought I would add my version of events after Grant jackanoried it so well, I'll give you the perspective from the back seat of the vito...

We exit the tolls, and I look to my right to see barny and bri alongside, next thing the front of DC's van is coming towards the back corner... anyway I assumed he was trying to filter into the lane behind us, so I looked back forward and next, Glyn looks to be having a physical tourettes attack, his head is darting from right wing mirror to left wing mirror accompanied by "HE'S SPUN... HE'S SPUN THE F*CKER!... *GLYN STYLE CACKLE* BLOOMIN' NORA!... IT'S COME OUT FACING RIGHT WAY, 2 FULL SPINS!" over the cackle, I saw whyman poke his head out the window and say "oh god he has as well..." at which point I'm bouncin up and down on the back seat going "I can't see it... o man I can't see anything back here... what's happening? is it mint? is there smoke and stuff?" but it was all in vain as those 2 were too busy being in fits. I proceeded to txt those who I felt would be most impressed...

Later on I got the full details though after Glyn had his breath back. Poor Ian, I'm sure there were teeth marks in that dashboard and his hand was red raw from swinging on the handles... apparently he grabbed both the front and rear passenger ones... good skillz Barn!

Yardy
Old 14-07-2008

You'll have to give us an impression of Glyn at Southport
Old 14-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

how the hell did you spin it 720?! 360 i could understand, but 720?!!!
good effort

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 14-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
LOL I was sat a few metres in front when the whole incident unravelled and missed everything! Being sat in the back, all i could see when I looked behind was boxes and the rear windows don't open so I couldn't stick my head out and look back to see either

Anyway, I thought I would add my version of events after Grant jackanoried it so well, I'll give you the perspective from the back seat of the vito...

We exit the tolls, and I look to my right to see barny and bri alongside, next thing the front of DC's van is coming towards the back corner... anyway I assumed he was trying to filter into the lane behind us, so I looked back forward and next, Glyn looks to be having a physical tourettes attack, his head is darting from right wing mirror to left wing mirror accompanied by "HE'S SPUN... HE'S SPUN THE F*CKER!... *GLYN STYLE CACKLE* BLOOMIN' NORA!... IT'S COME OUT FACING RIGHT WAY, 2 FULL SPINS!" over the cackle, I saw whyman poke his head out the window and say "oh god he has as well..." at which point I'm bouncin up and down on the back seat going "I can't see it... o man I can't see anything back here... what's happening? is it mint? is there smoke and stuff?" but it was all in vain as those 2 were too busy being in fits. I proceeded to txt those who I felt would be most impressed...

Later on I got the full details though after Glyn had his breath back. Poor Ian, I'm sure there were teeth marks in that dashboard and his hand was red raw from swinging on the handles... apparently he grabbed both the front and rear passenger ones... good skillz Barn!

Yardy
LMFAO, I think I've just wet my self "physical tourettes "
Old 14-07-2008
Mad Member

It had been raining quite heavy, and we were going round to the right down a hill, in a rear wheel drive van with no traction control or esp.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 15-07-2008

it was a left turn brian because after you disappeared from my right hand mirror you reappeared in my left mirror facing the other way and then went round another turn and just before it came to a stop you where on 2 wheels, its blown your mind
Old 15-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
Ha Ha! Love it! Have to get the full jackanorie off you at Southport Yardy, WITH Glyn impression.

I'm still there. Having a great time waiting for a delayed sleazyjet flight in Milan. And the bancomat in Rivoli decided to swallow my cash card today just when i was getting cash out for the toll roads, which was nice.
Did manage to blag it through 2 toll booths though.
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
It had been raining quite heavy, and we were going round to the right down a hill, in a rear wheel drive van with no traction control or esp.
Sounds like you were driving the same way you drive your Buggy's Bri - Flat out or nothing

Gotta say Yardy you are good at explaining these stories, that really made me laugh
Old 16-07-2008
Lee-Mag

I just had an image of yardy standing there telling me the story when i read that, then the glyn voice and giggle thrown in for good measure

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-07-2008

Grab a deckchair and a couple of cans, meet me over at the mid west gazebo on the friday evening and I'll relive it all for you at southport... we'll discuss admission fee on the night
Old 16-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
Grab a deckchair and a couple of cans, meet me over at the mid west gazebo on the friday evening and I'll relive it all for you at southport... we'll discuss admission fee on the night
Sounds like a plan, what time's first showing
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can you put me down for a front row seat