Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 09-02-2013
Administrator

Default oOple UK Series - Tomorrow!

Hi guys - all being well, the entry form will be online tomorrow, Sunday, 8:30PM UK time. If you need assistance contact me to ask, or email jimmy at this website URL.

The form will be published on the news page, right here, along with the header.

We aim to make the series fun for everyone - leave the bad attitudes at home or don't enter. You come to have a good time and race toy cars, not swear or act aggressively.
The series is open to everyone - at the moment we aim to offer only one place per driver, 2WD OR 4WD buggy. If a driver has more than one place then it's because they have helped organise the series in some way and we are doing our best to thank them. Both classes run both days, qualifying saturday, qualifying and finals sunday.

All events will have food, camping, toilets. The full details are yet to be published on our series page - please bear with us.

Tyres for the event are open - this was a hard choice because there are benefits to a control tyre for everyone, but since this is our first running of the series we didn't want to complicate things too much.

All three venues are astroturf and the usual tyres that work well will be the main choices. These are:

Schumacher Mini Spikes
Generally Yellow compound when it's dry or Silver compound when it's wet. In 2WD either the minispike or stagger-rib / cut-staggers are the way to go.

Ballistic Buggy Spikes
These have been used by the BRCA nationals for several years and the longer spike in a soft compound are generally regarded as good in wet conditions, and the longer spike can dig into the astro further, depending on the type of astro.

dBoots Multibyte
These are a longer spike than Schumacher's and offer plenty of traction - with blockpass available for the front of 2WD making a good combination. Multibyte 2WD fronts are also available.

This list is pretty general - but these tyres are well used in the UK on these type of tracks so advice from other racers is easily sought.

The rules for the event are:

Leave the bad attitude at home - you come to race competitively but have fun. If you can't race and smile, don't enter! Agressive behaviour will get you instantly wrestled out of the venue by our pet HARD MAN.

You have to use a 1/10th off road buggy

The most realistic looking buggy that's actually raced all weekend means you win an oOple T-Shirt, stickers and custom name decals.

If your body comes off you're (a retard) allowed one comedy lap to come back round to retrieve your shell but no more.

2WD or 4WD - yes, you can run your 4wd in 2WD as long as the front (or rear!) drive is disconnected.

Must start with at least 4 wheels, or 3 wheels if you don't have 4.

Tyres must be used at the start of each run.

Batteries should be in the car and if Lipo, hard-cased.

Some form of safe charging method should be used to protect everyone - a lipo sac, metal box or other such device to contain the horrors of an angry lipo.

At least one electric motor should be in the car.

Don't dick about on the track - it's racing.

Don't take anyone out - unless you're mates and it's for the banter.

You crash you wait, a friendly MARSHAL! is fine if required, but act like a nutter and you have to leave (see above).

Just don't act stupid and have fun.

You must be a BRCA member to race or marshal - you enter the track at your own risk. Motorsport is dangerous and so are toy cars - so be sensible and be careful. We'll have first aiders on scene.

Last edited by jimmy; 10-02-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

lovin the "attendance" rules

exactly what RC racing is about attitudes are for work not play

well done Jimmy hope its a monster success
Old 09-02-2013
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post

At least one electric motor should be in the car.
I have a mental image of a long Durango 410, twin motors, one driving the front and one the rear, imagine the possibilities.

Manolis?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 09-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Manolis?
I think his head has exploded trying to comprehend what his mind was allowed to create to race in this.
Old 09-02-2013

Do we have to do all 3 or can I just do southport? Would love to do all of them but my parents won't lug me across the country just yet!
Old 09-02-2013
Administrator

You can select which races you want to enter no problem so no, you dont have to attend them all.
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
I think his head has exploded trying to comprehend what his mind was allowed to create to race in this.

I bet he has a car ready and has been waiting for this day all his life.
Old 10-02-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

just a quicky before the kick off
is it one class per day ie 2wd saturday 4wd sunday?
Old 10-02-2013
BANNED

No boss.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 10-02-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

both classes both days then it is
hmm but we can only book in for one class or the other
Old 10-02-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
just a quicky before the kick off
is it one class per day ie 2wd saturday 4wd sunday?
2wd and 4wd both days! Hence initially only offering one class per driver. If this doesn't work well this year we might try it different next time.