Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 25-08-2013

Default Inserts

I might be taking this racing lark too seriously now

Inserts - what is generally run inside/outside? Medium? Soft? Any difference front or rear?

When I used to take this properly seriously, inserts weren't used, in-fact you used to cut hole in the tyres to make them deform easier.

Bri
Old 25-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I generally use these medium blue inserts in my schumacher off road tyres: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...rt-medium.html

I find they don't break up as much as the blue ones from schumacher, and can be used a few times, if removed by cutting the worn tyre.

Also, the bargain £1 ones from Castle models, and now Moss Models (York) are also excellent.

Danny will tell you to get the AKA moulded closed-cell inserts: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...inserts-2.html
but they will cause you to wear your tyres down quicker, and I know how you like to save rubber ;-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25-08-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

that's kinda like asking what pressure should I have in my car tyre,
its a personnel thing really and a tuning option
Old 25-08-2013

Well, I run 15 front and 16 rear. Unless loaded with a passenger and luggage for an alpine trip when I go up to 18 on the rear

Just want some idea, as its a bit harder to change than amount of air. What's the idea of 'em? What's the effect of harder inserts compared to softer?

Bri
Old 26-08-2013
Mad Member

I just like how the aka's feel. Since using them Ive been lapping quicker and more consistantly. I only use them in mini spike tyres though.

If I had to say how. I find that where the softer inserts could catch and grab on high grip corners, with the moulded they feel a bit safer. I think there is pro's and cons but like I say, I just like them.

Get 1 set and try them alongside blue foams
Old 26-08-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

harder the insert the firmer the tyre will be so in theory the less roll of the tyre should give less side bite,
Old 27-08-2013

Thanks.
Bri