Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 31-10-2011

Default Rumour!!! Xray to make 10th offroad buggy!

Just seen this on Neobuggy!!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=11090
Old 31-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptRacing View Post
Quality build.
Like to 4WD buggy
Old 31-10-2011

Well as soon as xray say yes my order will be in you cant beat the quality of the xray cars
Old 01-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

iv been waiting for this for soooooooooooooo long

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 01-11-2011

Old 01-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well apparently Xray has some proto car (and very nice one) according one of team drivers. I couldn't get anymore info from him though.
It's just matter of time until they'll have time for another category - if you consider that they are currently working on 1:12 and 1:10 pan cars, 1:10 TC, 1:10 nitro, 1:8 onroad and offroad car (buggy and truggy - nitro and electric) and they are releasing new kit for each of these each year + updates during season. So it's really difficult to say when this car will be released.
Old 01-11-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to westie

Good to hear this as they do every other class pretty much
Old 01-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

will be a nice car..as will the 013 model and the 014 model and so on just like rallyx

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 01-11-2011
Administrator

This rumour has been on/off for the last 5 years at least hasn't it?
Old 03-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well Jimmy take it as a fact that they really have a proto 1:10 buggy - that's newest information from this summer. It's just case I explained before - too many classes to keep up to date to release it very soon. It's not just a rumour - rumours are when it will be released
Old 03-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Putting out little rumours like this is good for a company to gauge interest for a product, as jimmy said it's been rumoured for a hell of a long time ! Also good to here PAVEL there's a working prototype. 2WD/4WD belt or shaft ????
Old 03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
2WD/4WD belt or shaft ????
All of the above!

Taking it to the next level, forget rear motor- mid motor swapping capabilities, you'll be able to have it all in this model!
Old 03-11-2011

seeing the quality of other xray cars this could be one to watch. but if like jimmy says "its been rumoured for 5 years" ill just go back to watching that interesting drip of paint
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 03-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Well Jimmy take it as a fact that they really have a proto 1:10 buggy - that's newest information from this summer. It's just case I explained before - too many classes to keep up to date to release it very soon. It's not just a rumour - rumours are when it will be released
But really, what does it really take to release a proto - current 1/10th onroad chassis, a set of extended wishbones and cvds, slap on somebody else's wingmount wheels and a body shell (mostly using parts robbed from another manufacturer)..... hell, I think a buddy of mine had his own proto 4 years ago.

Frankly, what gets under my skin is these product announcements proto rumors that take 6 months to a year to come to fruition, and for all intents and purposes no more closer to reality for us than finding out in highschool that the hot chick in class was easy.
Old 04-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
Putting out little rumours like this is good for a company to gauge interest for a product, as jimmy said it's been rumoured for a hell of a long time ! Also good to here PAVEL there's a working prototype. 2WD/4WD belt or shaft ????
I would love to confirm anything - but as I said - I couldn't get anything out of that team driver apart from fact that it really exist and it looks beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayce View Post
But really, what does it really take to release a proto - current 1/10th onroad chassis, a set of extended wishbones and cvds, slap on somebody else's wingmount wheels and a body shell (mostly using parts robbed from another manufacturer)..... hell, I think a buddy of mine had his own proto 4 years ago.

Frankly, what gets under my skin is these product announcements proto rumors that take 6 months to a year to come to fruition, and for all intents and purposes no more closer to reality for us than finding out in highschool that the hot chick in class was easy.
I totally agree with you. As for Xray - they never released any rumour about buggy. Actually I talked to Martin Hudy about 1:10 buggies 3 years ago and Xray and he said at time that they would like to release few interesting projects, it's just that they have currently many cars to keep up to date so it's difficult to release another cars. Considering that they current cars aren't winning top competitions, they still have to do loads of work to improve current platforms, thus lack of time for other projects.
Old 04-11-2011

Ill wait as long as it takes and then pre order as soon as its announced.
it will give me chance to save up and get new motor/esc and a spares package all in one hit.
Old 04-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
I would love to confirm anything - but as I said - I couldn't get anything out of that team driver apart from fact that it really exist and it looks beautiful

I totally agree with you. As for Xray - they never released any rumour about buggy. Actually I talked to Martin Hudy about 1:10 buggies 3 years ago and Xray and he said at time that they would like to release few interesting projects, it's just that they have currently many cars to keep up to date so it's difficult to release another cars. Considering that they current cars aren't winning top competitions, they still have to do loads of work to improve current platforms, thus lack of time for other projects.
True - and it seems like I remember XRay's chairman writing something a couple of years ago or so, and he said something about them having no interest in such a product or that segment of the hobby as it would take away from the ongoing development of their current lineup. I just tend to think it's the koolaid drinkers getting the g-strings in a knot for nothing.
Old 05-11-2011

Xray may start winning some 1/8 buggy stuff with savoya racing for them. After owning an xray 1/8 buggy 6 years ago. I would love to buy an xray 1/10 buggy. The quality of parts, fit and finish are leaps above other makes I have seen and owned mainly associated and I currently run a mugen eco. which both are great race cars but still not up to xrays quality. Bring it on Xray I want 1!
Old 05-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whilst I agree that Xray stuff is fantastic quality if your after fit and finish in a 1/10th buggy there is no need to wait, Kyosho can give you that today.

Will be interesting to see what Xray come up with though, as an engineer I have to say I always like the way their products look and feel, not enough to tempt me away from Kyosho though
Old 05-11-2011

Kyosho may well be as good. It's a car make I like the look of and have seen great reviews. But not seen any in the flesh. Expensive but worth it if they are that nicely finished. The club I run at has mainly has losi, associated/x6, Schumacher and I had a durango which i thought was actually fairly solid and quite good quality (some problems ie ball cups) but they are a new company still! Still tho come on Xray.