Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Setting up Brakes ?

After racing 2wd at York last weekend, on a slippy floor I began to question 2 things.

1_Are sticks any good when you want to brake quickly to flick the back end out then get on the power - I keep slipping off the bloody stick !
2_How best to set the brakes to get that balance of not locking up but sliding the back end out.

I noticed, when I got a sharp corner right (not often) by entering the corner, braking just enough to get the back end out, then accelerating around and out of the corner I was much quicker. But to do it consistently was not happening. The fast lads seemed to do this effortlessly.

Now, I know i'm no demon on the sticks, but I wonder, have I got the speedo / tranny set up right - as hitting the perfect brake spot was tricky, easy to over brake and mess it up, or under brake and go wide. I use older LRP sphere competition speedo. Do the newer speedo's have ABS or similar, are the brakes now much better ?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

Hey I was there in 2wd at york last saturday which car were you racing?

What profile settings have you got on your lrp speedo set to at current (throttle, initial brake, drag brake etc) ?

Theres no reason why you can't be just as fast as anyone else with this speedo its more than capable, also what transmitter are you using? Nothing wrong with stick transmitters

getting the corners right does take practice to get perfect...