Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JConcepts

Old 07-12-2009

Default lipo straps

Hi guys
Im new to the BJ4 and was hoping if u could tell me what parts i need to fit lipo batterys to my BJ4 WE as it is set up with plastic straps atthe minute thanks .
Old 13-12-2009

I cut the cell blocks on mine so theres only the outside left and unwound the bolt heads to the top and it works perfectly quite and easy + tidy fix
Old 13-12-2009

forgot to mention I can't get the original thick carbon straps on now but use long R clips which are cable tied through a piece of fuel tube and this works well
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimidol View Post
Hi guys
Im new to the BJ4 and was hoping if u could tell me what parts i need to fit lipo batterys to my BJ4 WE as it is set up with plastic straps atthe minute thanks .
A quick way would be to remove the plastic cell tray, reinstall the posts and flip the battery strap over so the flat side is against the lipo (I assume the straps you have are B44 ones?). If you tighten them down enough they won't go anywhere, put some velcro/servo tape between the strap and the lipo for extra security.

The best way would be to get some lipo trays, either the Diggity Design's ones - http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_B44_SaddleBraces.html

Or the AE one for the B44 - http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...ory=4004.b44xx

You can use the standard posts with any BRCA spec lipo, if you run taller ones like the Trakpower 4800 you will need longer posts like the ones you get with the Diggity Designs trays
Old 14-12-2009

thanks i went for he diggy ones .... just sitting here now waiting for themt o turn up tap tap tap tap ;-(
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I seem to remember it took a couple of weeks for mine to turn up, so if it's a little while don't worry
Old 22-12-2009

Yay got my straps ;-) bugger no srews for the top ..... off to model shop now hehe