Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 10-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders
Default Orange Network...

Anyone else having trouble with Orange at the moment? it seems to have got steadily worse since they merged networks with T-mobile...

When people call me they go straight to answer phone even though my phone has full 3g signal (iphone4)... the other night it was showing full signal but was off the network for about 2 hours as when I phoned some one I then received a number of text msgs...

It's starting to get me in strife with the Mrs as she thinks I'm turning my phone off...

I'm interested if this is happening around the country or are they just picking on me..

Mike

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 10-03-2011
Mad Member

When my iphone 4 first got the message saying they had merged my reception went crap, a bit like your experiencing.
Then i got a Tmobile signal and a message saying congratulations youve received your first Tmobile signal.
I turned my phone off and back on and since then its been good
Old 10-03-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

you need to go on the website and opt in to use both the merged networks. This should sort you out, so ive been told
Old 10-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think it's probably just you Mike
The one orange mobile we have has been fine but it's a basic payg not 3G, not sure if that's going to make a difference.
Old 10-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I gave up with Orange after my lengthy iphone4 arguments with them. Now I'm on 3 and happier than ever. Strong 3G signal almost everywhere I go and in a lot of places I didn't have an orange signal I have a couple of bars on 3.
Old 10-03-2011

I'd already signed up for the dual networks option and it's been working fine but that was months ago when they were testing it.. I've re signed up on the website now so will see how that goes..

Cheers chaps..

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balders View Post
Anyone else having trouble with Orange at the moment? it seems to have got steadily worse since they merged networks with T-mobile...

When people call me they go straight to answer phone even though my phone has full 3g signal (iphone4)... the other night it was showing full signal but was off the network for about 2 hours as when I phoned some one I then received a number of text msgs...

It's starting to get me in strife with the Mrs as she thinks I'm turning my phone off...

I'm interested if this is happening around the country or are they just picking on me..

Mike
You're not on your own. I'm with Orange contract, and my Fiancee is on payg. She and my friends sometimes have to phone 2 or 3 times to get through to me as they often get sent to my voicemail regardless of my signal.
I'm also set up for roaming, in that when i'm out of Orange coverage my phone switches to T mobile. This often takes a couple of minutes to happen which is very poor.
The network is absolute wank, and frankly I can't wait until my 24 month contract is over.
Orange were excellent in the mid 90s, but now they're a laughing stock.
Old 10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by damselfly View Post
You're not on your own. I'm with Orange contract, and my Fiancee is on payg. She and my friends sometimes have to phone 2 or 3 times to get through to me as they often get sent to my voicemail regardless of my signal.
I'm also set up for roaming, in that when i'm out of Orange coverage my phone switches to T mobile. This often takes a couple of minutes to happen which is very poor.
The network is absolute wank, and frankly I can't wait until my 24 month contract is over.
Orange were excellent in the mid 90s, but now they're a laughing stock.

Agreed,

Ill be telling them foxtrot oscar when my contract expires in a few months!!

ill probably go to vodaphone for the 12month deals on the Iphone 4

Old 10-03-2011

I've been having very similar issues with Orange too. First, sending and receiving text messages wouldn't work, then I realised incoming calls were being directed straight to answer phone and finally I ended up not even being able to make outgoing calls - all this with a decent signal!

I finally called customer service and was told to switch my phone into 2G only mode due to a supposed weak 3G signal in my area - funny how this never used to be an issue for me. This does seem to have solved my problems, but it's not a satisfactory way of doing it.

This has all occurred approximately since the Orange/T-mobile merger (and, yes, I have signed up for the signal sharing).

It's safe to say I shan't be renewing with Orange!

</rant>
Old 11-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash View Post
Agreed,

Ill be telling them foxtrot oscar when my contract expires in a few months!!

ill probably go to vodaphone for the 12month deals on the Iphone 4
the iphone is due an update in a few months. might be worth just holding off starting a new contract just yet to see what the update is as it's not sure if it's the iphone5 or a sort of iphone4gs kinda upgrade.
Old 11-03-2011

Same with orange for me, been with them for 8 years and recently (since they joined with T-mobile) it seems like they have reduced their signal.. I get exactly the same as the op, going to see this contract out then switch if nothing has improved..
Old 14-03-2011
Mad Member

Sounds daft but how many of you are using iPhone 4s ?

Reason I ask I'm on o2 and the signal around here appears to be less than it used to be when I had my iPhone 3G. The mrs who also has an iPhone 4 on 3 has noticed reduced signal.

I love my iPhone however it appears to offer reduced signal capabilities.

Just a thought.

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 14-03-2011

Yeah I'm on a 4, it did it again on yesterday and I missed a call from work because of it...

Mrs doesn't get on hers and she's with o2...

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 14-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

mine on 3 seems to have a decent signal most of the time. randomly at work it'll drop it's signal and find it again usually when I goto text on my desk, but could just be the dodgy signal in the countryside
Old 14-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

signal on my blackberry on orange has gone since the tmobile merge, on my wits end with them now as only manage on average a 2-5min call before I get cut off yet still both phones in the call have ok reception and end up recalling them about 10 times before I totally give up. Going to go in later today and speak to them as I'm fed up with the lack of signal just everywhere in general and the time it takes to refind signal is very poor, takes a few minutes as other people have said above...
Old 15-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hudson View Post
signal on my blackberry on orange has gone since the tmobile merge, on my wits end with them now as only manage on average a 2-5min call before I get cut off yet still both phones in the call have ok reception and end up recalling them about 10 times before I totally give up. Going to go in later today and speak to them as I'm fed up with the lack of signal just everywhere in general and the time it takes to refind signal is very poor, takes a few minutes as other people have said above...
Go into network options and switch to 2G only mode or 3g only. When your phone network shares it uses 3G for orange and 2G for T-Mobile, this is in the small print when you opt in for network share. When a phone is in a border between the two it will be switching between 3g and 2g modes which involve disconnecting and reconnecting with the network everytime the signal drops off. Hence yours and others issues.

X4TE
X2C
Old 15-03-2011

Angry

I had a nokia 5880 on orange no probs for years even with switch over to t- mobile, since upgraded to a iPhone 4 and now have problems with signal. Wife uses iPhone 3GS on orange with no issues. I also have a blackberry on vodafone and it's proper shit signal
Old 15-03-2011

i have had problems with orange going strait to answerphone when in good signal, it turned out to be my phone which was causing the problem, using my previous phone it was working fine. signal has improved in my area and coverage is now much better than it was, orange are really pissing me off with all the advertising texts they are sending out though
Old 16-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydiy View Post
i have had problems with orange going strait to answerphone when in good signal, it turned out to be my phone which was causing the problem, using my previous phone it was working fine. signal has improved in my area and coverage is now much better than it was, orange are really pissing me off with all the advertising texts they are sending out though
Advertising texts are an opt in opt out service. Call them and ask to opt out

X4TE
X2C
Old 16-03-2011

Bear in mind that the only signal you will receive on merged providers will be a phone signal. No 3G etc so if you're using an internet phone and it jumps over to Orange or TMobile from your main provider it will be a bit useless.