Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 27-06-2014

Default Schumacher blue compound - how much harder over yellow?

Im pretty fed up with yellow compound Schumacher tyres wearing out halfway down the spikes before rendering tyre useless.

Im wondering how much harder is blue compound compared to yellow on Schumacher tyres?
Old 28-06-2014

Don't know about the hardness specifically, but my son and I used blues last week for a whole meeting of 4 rounds plus the final. I reckon they should be good for at least a couple more heats next time too. Not quite as much grip as yellows, but more consistent through the day as you don't go in to your second or third run wondering when they will go off completely. Not sure how they will cope when it not so hot and sunny though.
Old 28-06-2014

I have swapped over to Ballistic Buggy tyres, i have been using the white compound which i find is between yellow and blue. The grip has been very constitsnt for two rounds and wear rate so far looks good.

jK
Old 04-07-2014

If it's for practise, club meets etc then try some Schumacher full blocks on the rear. They work quite nicely and last forever. Not as much side bite as minispikes so will never be as quick but as long as you balance the car out with some less grippy fronts then they're pretty good. Work best on long pile astro but have been told they are ok on worn short stuff too. Done 100s of laps on mine round telford and still going strong

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...cal/U6786.html