Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 23-06-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Nobby i to have been in the sport some 20 od years and for the past 5 have been traveling 10000 miles plus a year to travel up your end racing, along with a lot of other racers, why take it personally, its 144 mile to your club for me batley is in the middle of us so i cant see your problem.if people would give up racing as you say,then think how many in the lower North of the country all ready have because of this, sorry but thats a lame excuse,i think if you read the whole post Jim was only trying to get thoughts on this and not have people come on ranting and raving,
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Personally, I don't see a problem with the way the regionals are run at the moment. I don't see Bury as a NE regional venue. Maybe the BRCA should be contacted and asked to draw up boundries for the regionals?? After all, it's their regional championship that we all race in, and then move on to their finals? I don't think these regions should be defined by where racers live though. It sounds like some people are just being a bit selfish and tight to be honest.

Get your wallets out for the fuel, or car share. If you just take one tool box, including cells, tranny etc, and your car, you can get 3 people in a car with RC stuff and camping gear. And those that take loads more gear than that, does it really benefit you? I've only really taken my cells, car and tranny, and a change of tyres to regionals that I've made the A final???

If the region did split, then it would mean that there'd be less places for the BRC finals, 7 in each part of the region. I'm sure looking at the ability scale, some of the northern lads would be able to qualify a bit more easily - though I'm sure some of the southern NE racers might miss out???

I don't know if the northern lads would travel to the southern regionals, I know I would'nt, if it prevented me from points scoring in the northern rounds.

regarding more rounds - I dont think there is room in the calendar for say 8 regional events during the year.
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Maybe a poll to ask should we contact the BRCA to get them to define a region?

And last time I checked, it's not a p**'sing contest to see who does the most miles
Old 23-06-2008
Lee-Mag

Nobby my post wasn`t aimed at you i know you do a lot of travelling as do i.

I think that if it were to split but i hope it doesn`t, i think i would compete in the southern sector as this is where the competition would be, whilst we have good drivers up north there isn`t anyone really capable of making a national A anymore. This is the only way i see myself improving.

I cant see any more events put on as the calender is pretty full as it is and more regionals would detract from club days and possibly kill off the clubs we desperately need.

On a side note, does anyone know who decides the regions and boundaries etc

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
Nobby i to have been in the sport some 20 od years and for the past 5 have been traveling 10000 miles plus a year to travel up your end racing, along with a lot of other racers, why take it personally, its 144 mile to your club for me batley is in the middle of us so i cant see your problem.if people would give up racing as you say,then think how many in the lower North of the country all ready have because of this, sorry but thats a lame excuse,i think if you read the whole post Jim was only trying to get thoughts on this and not have people come on ranting and raving,
i agree batley is in the middle for me and you but it's on the south edge of the northeast region.

so i think i'm entiteled to have a rant as i feel like it's the guys from the northern most clubs that suffer.
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Nobby my post wasn`t aimed at you i know you do a lot of travelling as do i.

I think that if it were to split but i hope it doesn`t, i think i would compete in the southern sector as this is where the competition would be, whilst we have good drivers up north there isn`t anyone really capable of making a national A anymore. This is the only way i see myself improving.

I cant see any more events put on as the calender is pretty full as it is and more regionals would detract from club days and possibly kill off the clubs we desperately need.

the only reason i thought of you lee was because we travel from the same area.

but i do agree with you if the region splits which i hope it doesn't i would do the south as thats were the competition would be and i want to race against the best drivers.

but your right if we split clubs will go down.
Old 23-06-2008

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

Splitting the N/E region is an easy one to answer, No.

What other region has found the need to consider this, is our area any bigger than other regions??

For the record, geographically Bury never has been or will be within the boundaries of the northeast, irrelevant of Bury hosting N/E regionals in past years when venues were short. The whole idea of the BRCA setting up regional areas was to allow people within their geographical areas to compete against racers that area, prior to progressing to national events.

Fuel cost should be a non-issue with regards BRCA events, its the same for any sporting competitions ran by a national body. You compete within your budget, if you can't afford to race at nationals and regionals, you compete and club level and local competitions.

I also disagree with the notion that Jarrow/NERCR/Teesside would fold, considering the increasing number of racers from these clubs. You don’t have to have a N/E regional to hold an competition.

What we are missing is a club around the York to Durham area to hold a meeting, previous years has been filled by Darlington and Harrogate clubs.

Diluting the region to 8 meetings isn’t a great idea. We are getting to the point of having a strong turn out at all meetings. Splitting the region would result in lower turn out, less competition, and tighter racing calendar (that’s if its possible to fit these extra meetings in). I bet you would also get a large number or racers from the N/E racing at both sets of N/E regionals, therefore essentially increasing costs to those racers.
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Simon - Nail on the head.

If you can't meet the budget, then only race at the level you can afford, don't change the competition to meet your budget.

- oh wait, I can only afford to run a Nikko car at the regional, lets all change the rules so that we all have to run Nikko cars. Bagsy no duracells!

What's coming next, the environmentalist slant - more Co2 in the air from long distances.
Old 23-06-2008

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

Quote:
I'd expect that to be the Boundaries Commission for England, don't see why the BRCA would set different boundaries to those set by a government agency. Unless they use statistical data on all members location and classes raced. I doubt the BRCA would go to such lengths for this though.
Old 23-06-2008

so if you guys have that much money to throw at racing, it wouldnt hurt you rich kids to travel to bury batley or york to race then peoblem solved,
Old 23-06-2008
Lee-Mag

Carl, WE DO!!

Its not the northern sector proposing the change

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

We all do race at Batley Bury and York???? when theres a NE regional on.
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Carl, WE DO!!

Its not the northern sector proposing the change
well said
Old 23-06-2008

Quote:
so if you guys have that much money to throw at racing, it wouldnt hurt you rich kids to travel to bury batley or york to race then peoblem solved,
As has been said we do, for regionals, some of us even travel there for a club day, I don't see anyone from that way travelling up here for club days or other competitions except regionals.
Old 23-06-2008

Quote:
Who said they had money to throw around??

You must be way down south Carl if you travelled 10000 miles to race at N/E regional meetings in 5 years, as its N/E regionals we are discussing, where you coming from South Africa

You also seem to consider it fairer for all the people in the NNE of the region to travel to Bury (in the NORTH WEST), than it is for people for the NORTH WEST to travel to the NNE regionals to compete in the N/E regional series.

Is there something wrong with the N/W regional series??
Old 23-06-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlawnomis View Post

Yes, the guest heat is usually the quickest heat

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Hang on, is this BigRed trouble maker in the NW?????

No money to throw around here mate.
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Yes, the guest heat is usually the quickest heat
Old 23-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlawnomis View Post
Who said they had money to throw around??

You must be way down south Carl if you travelled 10000 miles to race at N/E regional meetings in 5 years, as its N/E regionals we are discussing, where you coming from South Africa

You also seem to consider it fairer for all the people in the NNE of the region to travel to Bury (in the NORTH WEST), than it is for people for the NORTH WEST to travel to the NNE regionals to compete in the N/E regional series.

nationals regionals and euros nuff said, not just my point looking at all possibles
Old 23-06-2008

Right then guys...

There's not going to be a split in the region that I'm aware of..... This thread was opened up for a discution, and it really making a good read, even if some poeple are reading far too much into it....

Please try to remain constructive and not focus on the negatives, I for one don't care how far it is to travel to regional or nationals, hell I've been doing them for so long its like a second nature, that said I'm still interested in other peoples thoughts...

That said, If fuel costs rise at the same rate over the next few months, wouldn't it be nice to have the option to travel less distance, yet still quallify for the EOYF??

This is not a battle between north and very north....

Keep them posts coming, this is the best thread we've had for ages, people are finding out alot of personal preferences, threfore the powers that be can use this to help make the furure of the regional championship a brighter one

JIm