Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 16-12-2013

Default New motor

hi guys, just a quick question. Has any1 used one of these motors or know anything about them - Orion Vortex Pro Race Brushless Sensored Motor 9.5T. It comes in various turns. It caught my eye as its on sale. Was £95 now £49. I currently run a 6.5 turn Schumacher motor with the power turned down 20% with I'm doin ok with it so not in any rush to buy a new one motor as i said, at half price i just thought I'd ask.

Craig
Old 17-12-2013

Hi Craig.
6.5 isn't ideal for cullingworth, what with the hall being so small. Its always best to reduce the actual motor rather than turn it down. To be fair a 13.5 would probably be the ideal motor for cullingworth! Your 6.5 is really best suited for outdoors or massive indoor tracks. Having said all that though, I run a 7.5 in my car and also turn it down quite a bit. It saves me having to swap motors for different venues.
I would say, if your not struggling then leave it, or if you do want a dedicated cullingworth motor go for a 13.5 or 10.5 at the most.
Old 17-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yup true. when I run my 10.5 I turn it down to about 75% and its still a bit much. 7.5 is turned down a lot. not run a 13.5 in there, but my mate is going to run my B4 with one in Friday. slower is faster ;-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-12-2013

i run a 10.5 and have it at about 35% it feels very slow and even Neil said it was sluggish. but i still got 23 laps in last round with very few crashes. to master going fast first you must master going slow lol.
Old 17-12-2013

Thanks for the advice guys. Does this motor look ok http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-vo...roducts/375800
its motor class is stock/eco where as some are modified, wot does this mean? My experience with motors is limited lol
Old 17-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Does this motor look ok http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-vo...roducts/375800
its motor class is stock/eco where as some are modified, wot does this mean? My experience with motors is limited lol
No idea what eco means, probably just some marketing rubbish? Stock is an american class, where everyone runs the same "stock 13.5T" class of motor and their ESC set to Blinky (no timing advance or boost). thie is meant to even the field, however you can adjust can timing advance, and gear highly and use high C rated cells for more punch.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-12-2013

I thought that's wot stock was neal. Would this motor be ok for me or should i be looking at modified 1 or should i be lookin at somethin else completely. I had looked at the dynamite motors and the hpi ones but as i said this caught my eye being half price. Thanks for all the help with this