Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 19-10-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to trevpotter
Default CAT SX, indoor help

Just started racing indoor with the sx after a succesful few races outdoor. Help, with the slippery indoor surface the car is terrible, going onto any length of straight, the car will not go in a straight line and everywhere eles I have no grip. Can anyone suggest anything. Running LiPo with 5.5 brushless with schu yellow mini pins on yellow springs with things set soft. Probably totally wrong. Any tips? The indoor place is large enough to handle the motor, half carpet, half sports hall usual shiny surface.
Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There's a few setup's here fella.

http://www.racing-cars.com/search.as...e1=prodvalue14
Old 19-10-2009

I race on a polished wooden floor with my Cat Sx and I'm very pleased with mine. The driving style on a polished floor takes a little getting used to at first though. Make sure your front diff's not too loose which would cause your car to act more like a 2wd with the rear trying to overtake the front. It needs to be as tight, if not a little tighter than the rear diff so that it pulls the car along. I have red springs on the rear of mine and either blue or grey on the front. Oil's currently 25wt all round with 3 hole pistons in the front and 2 hole at the rear -all just how I the cat was when I bought it. I run a front one-way diff too which goes well with my driving style.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 19-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A 5.5 brushless with Lipo will be way too much for a slippery surface. You would be far better with a 6.5 or a 7.5 and gear it up!
Old 19-10-2009

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

I race at Ludlow on a Tuesday and thats polished floor. Setup wise I run the stiff chassis, with suspension as 35wt 3 hole on grey on the front, 30wt 3 hole red springs on the rear. Geometry wise is very similiar to what Grant has already posted, except i run a one-way and more toe-in.

Si
Old 22-10-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to trevpotter

Thanks, will change the springs, I've heard a few people say they run stiffer springs than mine, will tighten diff too, sounds like sense. I maybe should learn to drive too I suppose.
Old 22-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevpotter View Post
Just started racing indoor with the sx after a succesful few races outdoor. Help, with the slippery indoor surface the car is terrible, going onto any length of straight, the car will not go in a straight line and everywhere eles I have no grip. Can anyone suggest anything. Running LiPo with 5.5 brushless with schu yellow mini pins on yellow springs with things set soft. Probably totally wrong. Any tips? The indoor place is large enough to handle the motor, half carpet, half sports hall usual shiny surface.

Hi mate,

I noticed on another thread you may be heading to Bury for the Indoor series. It's very different in there but quite happy for you to give me a shout for set-ups,

As for your question above then the advise posted so far should do you well