Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 11-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

Default Motor clamp

Absolutely love the car, build quality fantastic, drives awesome, easy to set up, lovely looking bodyshell ............. but can I get my head round that motor clamp thing

Any tips on getting that adjusted quickly and more importantly, correctly, would be greatly accepted.
Old 11-10-2008

How do you mean? I think I may be misinterpreting your question.

When you say motor clamp, I assume you mean the clamp motor mount. In which case it's a really simple device. One screw to tighten the clamp and hold the motor in place (the M4 screw which takes the 2.5mm hex tool) and then two screws (M3 screws which take a 2mm hex) that allow you to slide the clamp and motor back and fourth to mesh the pinion with the spur.
Old 11-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

Motor mount clamp, motor clamp, clamp thing, call it whatever you like but it's still a pain in the backside to change a pinion.

Remove front two screws from bumper to release the undertray, loosen the rear two, slacken off two screws underneath and one at the side!!!! ..... i'm sure it's never going to be super fast to do LOL

All that said, it's the only thing I can fault the car for and i'd recommend anyone to buy it as I think it's going to be the car to beat this year.
Old 11-10-2008

The clamp makes life easier, not harder.

One screw to remove the whole motor for maintenance etc and you don't loose your meshing for it. You do not need to remove the undertray really, just unhook it from rear bumper and it will flex easily giving you access to the screws.

I can't see how often you need to change pinions, especially when you run brushless and you are gearing only for speed. Either way it takes no time to change a pinion. Firstly you don't need to remove the motor. So all you have to do is undo the pinion and take off, push the undertray back and loosen the two meshing screws, put new pinion on, mesh and tighten up two screws again. It takes 30 seconds max.
Old 11-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

??????????????

Can't figure out how it can be difficult to get your head round realy, its one of the easiest ways I've known to mesh a pinion.
And like Glypo said, when you want to do maintenance on your motor, you don't have to mess around re-meshing the pinion etc.
Old 11-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

Must be me, after 20 plus years of the standard way of meshing a pinion to a spur with two screws maybe I just don't like change..... or my fingers are getting old

..... Glypo..... 30 seconds? ..... please come and pit for me LOL