Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 04-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k
Default Killarney: Rally of the Lakes 2009

I just had a great weekend down in Killarney in what I believe is called "the sun", I even managed to squeeze a bit of time to take some landscape photos which i've never had the chance to do before down here, I'll post those later when i get them edited. (This later prompted a search party by the people who I was with who thought I had falled off into the water due to me dissappearing for so long )

It was leading up to be a very very close finish with the top 3 drivers setting times within 1 sec of each other over the first run up Molls Gap. Unfortunately two of the top drivers later crashed out over the Healy Pass so it ended up a fairly solid win for Tim McNulty.

#1 Tim McNulty

C&C Welcome as always

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 04-05-2009
BANNED

Is that a real one?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-05-2009
Super Moderator

Yes it is, and there is a real one not far from us for sale.

Might have to trade in all our toys to get it.

Kevin Furber is selling it.
Old 04-05-2009
Mad Member

Yeah it's real, part of the slowly sideways crowd that drive the various group B cars at Killarney before the main rally.

The guy in the 205 wasnt trying though he was just coasting through the stages, there was a few of the slowly sideways guys going hard but overall they where a bit of a dissappointment this time around compared to previous events i've seen them run at.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 04-05-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2k View Post
The guy in the 205 wasnt trying though he was just coasting through the stages.
I suppose you can't really blame him - It'd not be Maximum Best it he piled it up.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-05-2009
Mad Member

I can understand it on the first few stages, it was quite wet and I would imagine lighting the turbo up would just cause all 4 wheels to spin!

He seemed to get slower as the weekend went on, he got caught by a sweeper car in a jeep on one of the last stages I was on. There was only one guy in the group B's that seemed to be trying, normally you get a few of them who actually push.

www.rcbearings.co.uk