Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 06-03-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Any pics or sneaky peaks yet??
Old 06-03-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Not yet, you wont be disapointed though, awesome piece of engineering & super high quality..
Old 06-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is there a date when we will see pic's because i'm starting to wear out this link
Old 06-03-2008

Send a message via AIM to HVAC25000

If I recall, Schumacher is the LAST company to release a 4wd. No one is going to steal their design, everyone else already has their own... Can't they just let us see one measly picture of it?! If they're releasing the thing early summer, clearly the patents are already done, at least I sure as heck hope they are...

Larsen's Biscuits
Old 07-03-2008

must be some shit hot design work to keep it under wraps this long, or will be dispointed when we finally see it?
Old 07-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossCat_Works View Post
must be some shit hot design work to keep it under wraps this long, or will be dispointed when we finally see it?
hopefully it's the former, especially if the Mi-3 is an indication of their design ability.

Larsen's Biscuits
Old 07-03-2008

Yeah Schumacher are a little inconsistent though. Mi2EC and Mi3 are really amazing examples of what they can do, and their last 2 racing cars also. So fingers crossed the CAT SX will make it 3 in a row!
Old 07-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I got to say i ran an Mi3 from when it first came out till upto a month ago and the car was quality, well thought out and adjustability had no bounds. If the same factors are in the SX then it will be up thereCOME ON SCHUMACHER SHOW US SOME PIC'S
Old 07-03-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

The cars 95% there, theyre just waiting for the last of the production parts i believe, they dont wanna release pics with an unfinished look and perhaps slightly iffy looking proto parts ..
Theyve done such a good job with the quality, the look and design and adjustability i agree with them it would be a shame for the first images not to be the finished article..
Theres been lot to talk about it before anyones seen it and im sure you'll all be impressed enough to discuss it for a long time afterwards when it does appear!
Old 07-03-2008

Plain and simple here. No one saw the prototype Aero and said "Eww it looks like shit, I don't want one!" The prototype did the opposite, it built up hype for the car and got people on the preorder list.

Plus there are people who are going to drop $800-1600 with Aero instead of Schumacher because at this point, they don't have a freakin' clue if the CAT is going to be a worthless car or not because they don't have a clue what it looks like, so they'll just go with the Aero since it's a sure thing. In a few months when the CAT is released, they won't have the money for one.

People who buy high end cars like Schumachers are intelligent enough to look past the unfinished parts and see the real car. People that aren't that smart can't afford a car like Schumacher would make (unless the CAT is going to be WAY cheaper than I think it is...) If that weren't true, no one would have bought an Aero. The thing still looks unfinished, and costs 2 kidneys and a lung, but since everyone saw it from the beginning and they didn't hide it like it was some big secret, everyone knew it was a great car no matter how it looked, and the hype over it was huge.

Personally I LOVE to see a car, or anything, go from mind to paper to prototype to production to my hands. Lots of people in this hobby, any hobby, obsess over that stuff. They'll collect an outdated worthless rc10 just because it's the early version of their new B4. I had an X10 but still wanted a P8 just to have, and I collected pictures and info about it. I'd love to have pre-production photos of the Mi-3, before it was what I have in my hands. For no apparent reason, though, Schumacher doesn't want me to see it.

The Aero still looks like a proto, it's fully released, people are still hyping about it. That's because Aero knew what they were doing, and instead of hiding the Aero, it was in the public's eye the whole time, winning races while it was still a prototype made of a chunk of aluminum(!), building a ridiculously huge amount of hype, and every day on the thread on here people would be panicking about the release date. Granted, everyone talks about the CAT as well, but there's nothing compared to the hype of the Aero.

If Schumacher doesn't release pictures long before they release the car, and don't get the car, even if it's a prototype like Aero ran on a track out there winning races, no one (comparatively) is going to buy it because they'll have no idea how it's going to perform and will need time to analyze its potential.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is what I've seen. No one saw the prototype Aero and said "Eww it looks like shit, I don't want one!" Everyone clamored over the photos even though it was an ugly chunk of aluminum and white delrin bits.

Anyways... This brings up something I don't believe I've heard anything about. Any kind of a price released yet? Any guess?

Larsen's Biscuits
Old 07-03-2008

£320 ish rings a bell, or have I dreamt that?
Old 07-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

It will about around £350 RRP.
Old 07-03-2008

Yeah Schumacher are saying a srp of approx £350. Hopefully the srp will be a little less.

Shops like MK Racing are going to sell for 5% under this, so around £320 if the srp stays at the projected £350. I also totally agree with HVAC's comments. Lets see some photos!
Old 07-03-2008

£350=$700+ or -.
Old 07-03-2008

i agree on mi2 ec and mi3 if its along those lines of quality it will be worth the wait, i just wish it had been made sooner as everyone has their choice of car for this season already?
Old 07-03-2008

It's a shame the price is so high. The Mi-3 is only $400 here. I expected the CAT to be similarly priced. TC5/B44 cost the same. 501x/416 cost the same. Ithink the mr4bx/mr4tcbd cost about the same? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait til I'm rich to get one, or til I don't have a girlfriend

Larsen's Biscuits
Old 07-03-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

UK rrp on Mi3 is £300, Cat SX is roumered to be rrp £350. I don't know if this figure is anything like true or not.
Old 07-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
UK rrp on Mi3 is £300, Cat SX is roumered to be rrp £350. I don't know if this figure is anything like true or not.
Why do you guys get screwed so badly on prices? That's $600 USD. Ridiculous...

$420 direct from Schumacher USA for me..

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...&templateid=12

Larsen's Biscuits
Old 07-03-2008
Lee-Mag

Because we live in rip-off britain, i doubt anything is cheaper over here than in the US.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 07-03-2008

Or because we live in a country with a strong economy (relative) so the pound is much stronger then dollar. It's all relative, we are paying the same relative amount. So don't worry the CAT SX will almost certainly not be $700! Should be around $460.