Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 21-08-2016
Mad Member

Default Predator release dates and model types

Is there a list of car model types and there release dates anywhere?
Old 22-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Is there a list of car model types and there release dates anywhere?
Not sure, somebody should do a wiki page. The first Pred came out at the very end of 1993. It won it's first big meeting at the ME exhibition at Olympia, that was in Jan 94 and got the national championship that year too. The second model officially dropped the Predator name and was called TTech95. Everyone still called it a Predator though. That's all I've got. I'd love to see what a clean sheet 2016 Pred would look like, by the original designer, even if it was just virtual. So far ahead of its time in 93 and in some aspects like aerodynamics still miles ahead...
Old 24-08-2016

Predator Buggies :

1993 - Predator ( Few kits right at the end of '93, large woven propshaft, gold anodizing )
1994 - Predator XT ( Main production, same as above )
1995 - 95 One ( old XT's sold as '95 One's with some 95 Pro parts )
1995 - 95 Pro ( XT with upgraded new dark blue anodized parts, smaller carbon rod propshaft )
1996 - National ( First of the Inj Moulded Chassis with mainly dark blue anodized 95 Pro parts on, no slipper, stick pack layout )
1996 - International ( Upgraded version of National with slipper with dark blue anodized parts )
1997 - XK5 ( Upgraded International, mainly red anodized parts although some kits had leftover International dark blue anodized parts included )
1998 - XK98 Mitcham ( Actually late 1997 ) ( Bigger change with saddle pack layout, basically Mitchams race-winning modified XK5 proto in production form, red anodizing )
1999 - ETQ ( Actually late 1998 ) ( Minor upgraded XK98, still red anodizing, still saddle )
2000 - P8 ( Minor upgraded ETQ, black anodized parts, still saddle )
2005 - X10 ( Semi-major upgrade of the P8, silver anodizing, more metal parts such as rockers, saddle - early & late releases with minor differences )
2006 - XRS ( Downgraded X10, basically a ETQ/P8 with softer plastics, saddle )
2007 - X11 ( Major redesigned kits, light blue anodizing, saddle )
2008 - X11-08 Lipo ( X11 re-vamped to Lipo, light blue & orange anodizing, although some had some parts dark blue anodizing on shocks, stick pack )

Remember that there is always some confusion over some exact release dates, as some of the Team Drivers ( like William Mitcham for example ) were running old/current modified/proto cars that were effectively the next production car. Some like the ETQ and P8 were almost exactly the same bar anodizing - in fact you could make a P8 in extra parts with an ETQ and Options, before it became the P8 with Black Anodizing.

Ive included some differences between the kits to show one or two major changes between models - I could list all the differences between kits, but would take too much typing...

Last edited by Dyna; 24-08-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: I wanted to.
Old 24-08-2016
Mad Member

Awesome stuff dyna thanks, now has anyone got one for sale lol
Old 24-08-2016

Yes, nice work!
Old 30-08-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Predator Buggies :

1993 - Predator ( Few kits right at the end of '93, large woven propshaft, gold anodizing )
1994 - Predator XT ( Main production, same as above )
1995 - 95 One ( old XT's sold as '95 One's with some 95 Pro parts )
1995 - 95 Pro ( XT with upgraded new dark blue anodized parts, smaller carbon rod propshaft )
1996 - National ( First of the Inj Moulded Chassis with mainly dark blue anodized 95 Pro parts on, no slipper, stick pack layout )
1996 - International ( Upgraded version of National with slipper with dark blue anodized parts )
1997 - XK5 ( Upgraded International, mainly red anodized parts although some kits had leftover International dark blue anodized parts included )
1998 - XK98 Mitcham ( Actually late 1997 ) ( Bigger change with saddle pack layout, basically Mitchams race-winning modified XK5 proto in production form, red anodizing )
1999 - ETQ ( Actually late 1998 ) ( Minor upgraded XK98, still red anodizing, still saddle )
2000 - P8 ( Minor upgraded ETQ, black anodized parts, still saddle )
2005 - X10 ( Semi-major upgrade of the P8, silver anodizing, more metal parts such as rockers, saddle - early & late releases with minor differences )
2006 - XRS ( Downgraded X10, basically a ETQ/P8 with softer plastics, saddle )
2007 - X11 ( Major redesigned kits, light blue anodizing, saddle )
2008 - X11-08 Lipo ( X11 re-vamped to Lipo, light blue & orange anodizing, although some had some parts dark blue anodizing on shocks, stick pack )

Remember that there is always some confusion over some exact release dates, as some of the Team Drivers ( like William Mitcham for example ) were running old/current modified/proto cars that were effectively the next production car. Some like the ETQ and P8 were almost exactly the same bar anodizing - in fact you could make a P8 in extra parts with an ETQ and Options, before it became the P8 with Black Anodizing.

Ive included some differences between the kits to show one or two major changes between models - I could list all the differences between kits, but would take too much typing...

Matt, youd probably kill me, I had one of the first and was going to chuck it, when someone offered me a swop. Only used it for one round, it was awful.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 30-08-2016
Mad Member

Fast but broke a lot was my main memory
Old 31-08-2016

Default Predator X10

On US Ebay is a unbuilt X10 for auction.