Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2012

Default A couple of DEX210 issues/questions...

Hey fellas,

I just finished building my DEX210 last week and just had my first test run on the track and it feels really good.

I have an X6 Sq and a XXX CR, and while I'm not exactly a good or quick driver, as soon as I put the DEX down I was about 3 sec a lap quicker (I could never get the X6 to run right for me, and didnt really bother much with the XXX CR).
It felt really great with just a basic setup and 2 functioning shocks (forgot to threadlock the screws into the shock shaft, was just bouncing on the springs).

After reading of others using shorty lipo packs in their DEX's I ordered a couple myself, not sure now if that was a wise move or not and it seems to have plenty of grip and steering as it is.
But I spose I could put weight in more strategic places with them.
I plan on getting the DEST210 when it comes out aswell, will use my stick packs in that.

Anyways...

Just wondering if its normal for the rear shock shafts to be soo long?
My rear shocks, the piston extends past the shock body, although it bottoms out on the chassis first but just wondering if this is a normal thing?

The linkage from the servo horn to the steering rack, is there any other ball cups that could be used?
Mine are so sloppy, the plastic is very soft.

During the build I noticed quite a few bits not lining up properly or not 'keying' in (such as the front side bulkhead bits), or just generally didnt fit properly (eventually got it all together though).
Is this a normal thing?

I think there was a couple of other bits aswell, just cant remember them right now.