Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 15-05-2013

Default Paint request

I was wondering if someone could do me a replica of this shell and an idea of cost please

I have a shell already but I'd be interested in a price if someone supplies shells and under trays too

Thanks cory
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 15-05-2013

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

I no dragon paints (dcm oople tag/name) does by size of the shell.
But

I no john miller has a price list on his website in order of how many colours u have,see link

http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk/services.php

So its a difficult question to ask,best bet is look at there pics theyve loaded and go with who's "style" u like bud. Soz its not that great of a answer lol

Jay
Old 15-05-2013

The original is by TD and he charges around 120 Pounds for the paintjob ( but I think that includes the body).
Wrote you a PM too.
Old 16-05-2013

£120 is a bit much or me really lol as much as I would love to have it done by the original artist.

Got a couple of pm's from people. And the car and shell should be here today / tomorrow so ill have a look at the shell and decide if I want to use this one for paint or get a different one

Thanks for the replies
I've had a look through a few people's work on here and it's all amaisng
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 16-05-2013

the yen is pretty good at the moment if not now than never I dont know the exact price so best thing you shoot him an email http://www.team-td.net/main.html
As for the price it is really ok. I know there are many painters who do it cheaper, much cheaper. but I dont know how anyone can be under 100 Euro for a single body.
I need for a body like this between 6 and 10 hours. If I have to disguss the design first and draw some scatches than its muuuch more. To be fair for me it is a hobby and I could be faster if I had a permanent working space just for airbrushing but it will never be 3 hours. I painted for one pro driver last year and for me that was already too much that it would be just fun. So many good painters already quit.
Maybe its much for a body but if you look with a painters eye on most bodies you see at races there is not that much time in them, bitty design and JN are super cheap and very clean but on most jobs you can see that they have to be fast to offer those prices.
My painting style is influenced by the japanese painters and I could get close to it but to be honest it will always be a difference. When some good painters copy a Jorn Neumann body it will look different too though they might do a better job than the original. TD uses very many different colors and only he knows which color he used and how he backed it. This looks like Faskolor metallic blue but I bet it is not.