Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 26-01-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Thats not that cheap i can get matched gp4300 for cheaper. And i dont like 4200 i have seen to much go wrong with them i dont like IB's point blank to tell youthe trueth.

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.tyrc.co.uk View Post
Obviously then these cells are for people who want to have more power, and WIN.

These cells are cheaper than the GP's, they are on offer in the tyrc shop this week at £35 per pack.

For the price, I cannot argue with my 5 packs, and will be buying more soon

http://www.tyrc-racing.com/rcshop

Last edited by ashleyb4; 26-01-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 26-01-2007
Super Moderator

I'm with Dan here, too much hype.

I've been running unmatched IB4200's for a year, the cells are still great. For this next year I will run them in 2wd (due to needing a funny layout) and get some new unmatched 4200's for 4wd.

I can not say that I have come away from a meeting this last year thinking "I'd have done better if I'd had better cells"

G
Old 26-01-2007

No matter which cell you get, IB, GP, EP, they will all let you down if you don't look after yours properly.

As for performance, I have some unmatched (ish) IB42SHV's that hold their own with Inpole and the major brands, and running 19t Tourer, it is like running Stock buggy in the mid 90's, if you don't have the volts, you don't have the speed. The IB42 has plenty of power, but, I don't think that there is a major advantage over matched and unmatched, although, compared to my GP3700 cells, the GP's are paper weights now.
Old 26-01-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Got to say the East Power is bloody amazing, i've ran a pack over the past two months and the power and duration is unreal!

I'm with EP for 2007 unless some one can convice me otherwise

(they are now legal, check BRCA homoglation list)
Old 26-01-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Obviously then these cells are for people who want to have more power, and WIN.
Hmmm. So a well sorted chassis setup, good tyre choice, and most importantly a consistent and level headed drive under pressure keeping fast but steady lap times counts for nothing as long as you have great gobs of power

Don't want to be the one to teach you to suck eggs mate, but just because you have the fastest car in a straight line does NOT mean you are going to beat me.

AndyS - glad to have been the one who raised the point for you!
Old 26-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

I know that, but are you telling me if you stole Andy Moores touring car, paid him to set-it-up, then stick 1200 nicds in it, you are going to win? Not at any competitive meeting I've been to. Likewise if you gave that car to Andy, I doubt what he can acomplish if underpowered.

Racing is all about packages, I.e
good set-up
Good battries/ motor condition
Good driver
Reliability e.t.c
Voodoo cells complete that package, giving you longer run times, more power when you need it, and give you the power to be consistent.

If you consistently turned over 3 minute laps it doesn't make you fast, you need power to achieve lower times.

And Ashley. You won't get any cells this good , legally, as cheap here. You are talking about tax dodging from Hong Kong mate, so support your LHS. As has already been said, these cells will last if you care for them properly, and I'd check your charging/ dischargung routine mate.

Eggs sucked.

Last edited by BenG; 26-01-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 26-01-2007

They are not from hong kong they are from britain stormforceracing neil's matching is pretty amazing he prints discharge charts for each pack he sells and all the lines on my chart sit on top of each other.

I have scanned it in, sorry its not very good quality scan but the paper has been folded so it has crease marks.

A
Old 26-01-2007

If you ask me i dont think any other matcher offers that service and matches cells as well.

A
Old 26-01-2007
Admin

Quote:

And Ashley. You won't get any cells this good , legally, as cheap here. You are talking about tax dodging from Hong Kong mate, so support your LHS. As has already been said, these cells will last if you care for them properly, and I'd check your charging/ dischargung routine mate.

Eggs sucked.
Sorry, I cant help but respond here. Comments as above, should not be taken as gospel truth, especially when the author is a distributor for the product.
Cells "this good" can be bought here, as cheap or even cheaper, quite legally without the "tax dodging" , FACT. I could name names and promote suppliers, but thats not what this site is about, try unbiased impartial advice, for the general benefit of all. Am I close to the principle aim of oOple here Jimmy????
As for the longevity of IB if "you care for them properly", I'd have to say not always correct. I have a pack which is only 7 or 8 charges old and already has blown 2 cells. I have been involved with Rc on and off for over 20yrs and use top quality equipment to care for my cells the correct way (I do have to pay for them out of my own pocket), yet still the failures.
I'm not one for 100% censorship, but perhaps TYRC you could consider the bigger picture before submitting posts?
Old 27-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Sorry Oscar. I apologise.

I would like it if this thread could be closed.

I will some it up like this.

End of the day, life is about competition, and I am not afraid of GP as a competitor to Voodoo.

Nuff said lol.
Old 27-01-2007
Mad Member

[quote=

Eggs sucked.[/quote]

are you really sure that statements true! i know its not, there's top matchers out there selling as good and better spec cells for similar money you just need to know were to look. im sure you pay full import/vat/handling charges and still sell them for the price you are?!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 27-01-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oscar.

Couldn't have put it better myself !

Drop me a PM with some info on those GP suppliers, our old favorite only has IB's and some 'fire-crackers' in stock at the moment.

Cheers. Andy.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 27-01-2007
Mad Member

Looks like just shades of grey to me, GP and IB's, 4300's and 4200's - both super cells and we would be happy to run any of em. Seems the pricing is within a few pounds of each other, and we have had no problem with IB's this last year, not worth getting my nickers in a twist over.
Old 27-01-2007

Also ben your telling me to suport my LHS when your the one buying your cells from the states.

A
Old 27-01-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Oscar.

Couldn't have put it better myself !

Drop me a PM with some info on those GP suppliers, our old favorite only has IB's and some 'fire-crackers' in stock at the moment.

Cheers. Andy.
The fire crackers are suposed to be very good. Ask Paul Rotherham, he's been trialling them for a while now.
Old 27-01-2007
Super Moderator

I've got some 'fire crackers' on the way for this next season

G
Old 27-01-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know nothing at all about these 'fire-crackers' !

Are they similar to GP's or IB's, or are they different again ?

Basically I want some decent cells, that last a good while and won't go BANG if i'm unlucky.

Andy.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 27-01-2007
Super Moderator

I 'believe' they are re-badged IB's, but at a very good price.

I've had no trouble with my IB's at all, so I'm going to try them

G
Old 27-01-2007
Mad Member

The "Firecracker" is an EastPower cell. As far as I know they are not the same as the IB4200.
Old 27-01-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

The firecracker is a top notch cell, i've had mine through it's paces now for near 3 months and they still perform like they did on their first run. For the price and what you get it's simply amazing, great cells matched, built to a configuration of your chosing and posted for just over £30 ALL IN THE UK!!

They look and feel smaller than the IB's i've not got a set of calipers so i can't give an accurate reading im afraid. Defiantly lighter though.

The East Power cell will by my choice for 2007

Back on subject though - Voodoo cells

If any more cell questioning is needed, please some one make a thread in the electric section.