Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 13-02-2016

Default YZ2 & YZ4

So picked myself a couple of new cars up (yz2 & yz4) as having a change from the RB6 and ZX6 this season, just wanted to know if the wheel offset is the same on the Kyosho and Yokomo ?
Cheers
Stu
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/
Old 13-02-2016
Mad Member

Offset should be ok, but there could be some issues with regard to the distance between the hex and the nut mounting area on the rear wheels. A friend of mine had some issues when he switched from the RB6 to the B5M, not sure what brand of wheels he uses on his YZ-2 today.
Old 13-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yz2 and yz4 rears are the same offset as AE 12mm hex. Kyosho rears are about 1mm wider at the wheel offset, so the car may be upto 2mm wider fitting in the brca box than with yokomo wheels. The recent yokomo cars are not at the width limit anyway, so should fit in the BRCA box with the kyosho wheels. if there was an issue, you could use a 5mm hex instead of the standard 6mm hex, which would compensate.

Yz2 fronts are again the same offset at AE b5m wheels. I think kyosho are similar, but not directly compared. they will fit, thats for sure.
Yz4 Fronts, the kyosho's should fit ok, but i've again not personally compared the offsets.

Schumachers hex wheels also fit fine on the yokomo cars.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-02-2016

Cool, that's good news then as I have so many new tyres ready to go on the K wheels
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

Old 14-02-2016
Mad Member

If its any help ive tried the Kyosho DE racing wheels on mine and off sets seem fine, front and rear.

Lee
Old 15-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
If its any help ive tried the Kyosho DE racing wheels on mine and off sets seem fine, front and rear.

Lee
My famous green wheels are also DE racing, which are kyosho offset I think. they fit and work fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
My famous green wheels are also DE racing, which are kyosho offset I think. they fit and work fine.
I have some of them green wheels too I have received a load of stick over them
Tamiya Lunchbox
Tamiya Top-Force
TD SCT

Old 16-02-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Dixon View Post
I have some of them green wheels too I have received a load of stick over them
They are ace
Old 17-02-2016

Kyosho axles are narrower then Yokomo mind. My old B-Max wheels go on my Lazer but they do slop around and the wheel nut works loose after a while. Going the other way might mean you have to drill out the Kyosho wheels for the larger diameter axle.
Old 19-02-2016

... which is no big deal, just take a body reamer, it's a 2 second job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstrada View Post
Kyosho axles are narrower then Yokomo mind. My old B-Max wheels go on my Lazer but they do slop around and the wheel nut works loose after a while. Going the other way might mean you have to drill out the Kyosho wheels for the larger diameter axle.