Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 25-04-2010

Default 1/18th not fast enough

i bought a second hand novak brushless system with 13.5 motor and im running a 10 tooth pinion and 49 spur but it to slow standard cars are flying past can anyone suggest a better gearing system or something to increase the speak
thanks guys all advice appretiated
craig
Old 26-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig smith View Post
i bought a second hand novak brushless system with 13.5 motor and im running a 10 tooth pinion and 49 spur but it to slow standard cars are flying past can anyone suggest a better gearing system or something to increase the speak
craig
Craig try going up to an 11 pinion but to be honest a 10 or 11 is what most people run on the Mongoose so if that's not fast enough i'd suggest there was something wrong with either the motor or the speedo. These things are normally rapid with that sort of gearing
Old 26-04-2010
Mad Member

With a 13.5 you could even run a 12t pinion or keep the 10 and go back to your 45 spur. What size wheels are you running? As Alec says, if it's not quick then there could be something wrong with it. People are making national A finals with 13.5 motors so they are plenty fast.
Old 26-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack

If standard cars are going past you easily then there's something wrong with the motor. As Carl said, with the right gearing on a 13.5 you can make a national A final, so you shouldn't be having that problem. Check your drivetrain is running freely, first things i'd check are diffs and central drive shaft, if they're fine then check the hub bearings to see if they're running freely. If that's all okay then I'd say there's something wrong with the motor.
Old 26-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
craig
Craig, as said previously,try the 11/49,that's what i run with it and it was fine .

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 26-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

obviously you have set up the end points on your speedo to match your transmitter? And you don;t have the EPA turned down on your transmitter?

if all that is fine, then check the drivetrain to make sure it is free. If you are running small foams then you can probably go to 11/45 or 12/49. If you are on full fat foams or rally blocks then you would need to drop down a bit.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 27-04-2010

Default lack of speed

thanks for all your reply's ill check all the drive train its currently running 11/49 and schumacher narrow miny pins
cheers guys
Old 27-04-2010

one of you mentioned setting it up to my transmitter it was set up to ross's transmitter who previously owned it but i havnt set it up to my transmitter could this be the problem
Old 28-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
one of you mentioned setting it up to my transmitter it was set up to ross's transmitter who previously owned it but i havnt set it up to my transmitter could this be the problem
unless you suspect, and are able to confirm, the ESC has a "mind reading" (or self-setting) function
Old 28-04-2010

whats about your batteries? everything could be fine! but rubbish batteries would certainly affect your speed
Old 28-04-2010

Quote:
It's likely that this is atleast part of the problem.
Old 07-05-2010

just like to say thanks for all your help guys car now stonking along set the controller to the speedo and away it went stupid me thanks once again
Old 08-05-2010
Mad Member

Glad you've sorted it mate

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE