Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-06-2015

Default Team Durango 1/10th 2wd Spy shot

A spy shot taken within R&D of a new Team Durango 2wd 1/10th buggy has just been release onto facebook. From first glances it looks like it is a completley new design. More to follow as weeks go on i would presume.

11270539_951809478172544_6455469565619129959_o.jpg

Old 03-06-2015
Mad Member

cool

only problem is they are going to be impossible to get as none of the uk stores are going to stock them due to the terrible parts support and shocking way Revell do things
Old 03-06-2015

Default new 2wd

just think on and look at getting parts fro a dex210 v2 now and then think on the events of the past few weeks and the posts new car but no parts I wont be even contemplating durango cars again
Old 03-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Front end looks the same, the shiny button is in there. Looks like a low profile gearbox at the back end like the Yz2 which is all the rage right now.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-06-2015
Mad Member

My guess is it's a MrO 210/410 hybrid that he runs at he Nats & a panicky Durango are trying to take some credit for it & drum up some interest before they're dead in the UK.
Old 05-06-2015

The following information has now turned up directly from Chris Doughty on facebook in the early hours of this morning.

I few snippets of information for you all.

- This car is not a DEX210 (or DEX210v2) replacement
- This is a 'forward motor' car that will sit alongside DEX210 and DEX410
- DEX210 front end but not a DEX410 rear end
- 12mm hex wheel fitment will be included in kits
I've probably said too much already...

Things are really starting to hot up around this new Team Durango 2wd forward motor car.

Last edited by Jason A; 05-06-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2015

Angry Sad ending for good make of car

Love the 410 .but Durango killed the car if no one will stock parts and will not deal with revell no one will ever buy another simple fix let us buy direct from Durango like the old days
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll keep the replies short

claymoreman - the current cars are not being hung out to dry at all. R&D team has NOTHING to do with spare parts production, distribution or shop stock of current TD kits.
R&D focus is always is always a generation ahead of current production car, this has been the case since forever and I would only assume the same is true for all manufacturers

NeilRalph - Perhaps there is another angle to your ideas. I think Rossi is awesome, but I'd quite happily stick a 46 sticker on a Honda.
I've heard many people say "Rossi could ride a scooter and still win"
but if some upstart rocked up on a Suzuki and dropped it onto the front row of the grid.. OMG how did that happen? it must be the bike!

Lee Martin, awesome racer, won with his Tamiya, wins with his Mugen 8th scale car, switches to Yokomo 10th scale, wins with that too... erm... there is a common theme to his success here... and its not the car.

I come back to my original statement saying "the RC race industry is cyclical, no one manufacturer stays in favor all the time."

Last edited by Chris Doughty; 05-06-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: corrected name - sorry Neil
Old 05-06-2015

Default your own words

did I not quote your own words in my post
so by your own words they are not focusing on the current 10th scale
and my point lets sort out the problems we facing if rd can put our points to managment over at durango but seems no one wants to help put our point across or no one wants to step up and deal with the problems that there that is why the brand is slowly shooting itself in the foot and many of us are walking away from the brand if our shops cannot get parts our cars sit on the shelf unable to race due to poor parts distribution to our local shops surely if someone who reads and posts on forums that club racers use and sees there a problem that racers are on the warpath over involving the company they work for surely they can at least push the point ot management or is it I work for rnd so I dont really care about the people who buy what we produce short parts supply poor upto the date stockist lists or point to bad management and point to the same problems no matter what is in the pipe line. People will not support something they cannot get parts for would you buy a reguar road car if you could not buy the parts to service it or repair it when it breaks and with no dealer network ????
Old 05-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoreman View Post
did I not quote your own words in my post
so by your own words they are not focusing on the current 10th scale
and my point lets sort out the problems we facing if rd can put our points to managment over at durango but seems no one wants to help put our point across or no one wants to step up and deal with the problems that there that is why the brand is slowly shooting itself in the foot and many of us are walking away from the brand if our shops cannot get parts our cars sit on the shelf unable to race due to poor parts distribution to our local shops surely if someone who reads and posts on forums that club racers use and sees there a problem that racers are on the warpath over involving the company they work for surely they can at least push the point ot management or is it I work for rnd so I dont really care about the people who buy what we produce short parts supply poor upto the date stockist lists or point to bad management and point to the same problems no matter what is in the pipe line. People will not support something they cannot get parts for would you buy a reguar road car if you could not buy the parts to service it or repair it when it breaks and with no dealer network ????
First, it would be really helpful if you were to use punctuation. As things stands your posts are an absolute pain to read.

Second you have totally misinterpreted Chris's reply. You're complaining that we're not supporting the current cars and there's no focus on 10th. This is absolutely false.

Even MB Models stated that the parts availability at Revell is not at cause.

However when you quoted Chris on this phrase

We still intend to have A-team racers, B-team racers, well supported customer/club racers. this is starting to gain momentum with our 8th scale cars at the moment.
We will start to focus on 10th scale team as the cars get closer to release.

You are totally missing Chris's point, he's talking about the team - more precisely the recruitment of new team drivers, and certainly not spare parts supply.

We haven't been actively recruiting 10th racers as with the current evolution of cars we felt we needed to introduce a 2WD designed for high grip in order to be more attractive to customers and team drivers.

Unlike what some people seem to think, I find the 210 V2 is a much better car than the V1, which I could never get to grips with. I made A finals at Worksop with it and I'm not a pro driver at all. However last winter I was far off the pace as the track layouts were much more favorable to forward motor cars such as the KF.

I feel the new car will be perfectly suited to the high grip/high speed tracks of late and be more attractive to customers and subsequently potential team drivers.

The fact that we've just released a spy shot of a new car should tell you that our focus is very much on 10th scale, otherwise we wouldn't have a car near enough production ready that we'd show it.

What goes on with parts supply is beyond Chris, Adam and myself and we are not going to comment on this outside of what Chris said - The situation is a very high priority for TD and the relevant people are aware.

Now can we get back to talking about the car and not the parts supply which is another subject?
Old 05-06-2015

so,if theres a new 2wd buggy coming,will there be a new short course truck?i love my desc 210.it always puts a smile on my face.
Old 05-06-2015

Cheers for the spelling error that seems to happen a lot!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----

Last edited by NeilRalph77; 05-06-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Doughty View Post
Though my initial reply was directed towards the 2 Neils, they don't care so its probably a waste of my time.
But I do care, I never claimed not to. I wanted more than anything the V2 to be epic but I do fear it was to much 1 man's car.

Quote:
It would have been a costly exercise if we were designing you a personal 2WD car.
Yeh it was indeed! I had my V2 pre ordered spurred on by the ali chassis instead of the dimec (which I lost money on by the time I'd bought it and snapped it + the shell and paint job). I bought new electrics so I could keep my V1 as a runner, 6months later I was completely disillusioned with racing to the point I nearly sold up and well out of pocket, and that's partly the problem for club racers money! and feeling you've wasted it when something bombs, doesn't perform or is no longer supported (though for me I did have a new ESC which was nice)

Quote:
if some upstart rocked up on a Suzuki and dropped it onto the front row of the grid.. OMG how did that happen? it must be the bike!
And that's the point exactly if it's got to be competitive to win, even the national boys were running the 410 as a 2wd rather than run the 210.

I hope this new car is a success I really do but it need's to be more than just another car on the grid to get customer faith again.

You'll notice I haven't complained about spares Yet???? I've plenty thanks!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 09-06-2015

For the people concerned about spares why don't you do what I have done and wait for all the people to sell there cars on the for sale section on this site and buy them problem solved . I know the spares situation is a problem but I have raced so much better with my DEX410 and DETC than I ever have with any other make of car so I wont be switching just because a short of finding spares. Ive never had a 2wd Durango so not sure how it goes but I hope it brings success to anyone who races it. A new release from Durango is always a good thing and a great car
Old 09-06-2015

Wow what a read.
Thank you for releasing a picture of the car Chris, the more cars and manufacturers the better in my eyes.

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits