Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 03-10-2009

Default Does this look familiar Lucas?

Stripped the car down today to try and find out what the strange noise was. To be honest there didn't seem to be anything wrong, but it was useful to strip and rebuild the diffs and give the drive-train a good clean.

However, dismantling the front steering blocks and cleaning the ball bearings this happened...

Reminds me of one of yours going bang! I really don't think this was the cause of the strange noises coming from the car last night, but worthwhile stripping it down to find it before it got worse
Old 03-10-2009

Yup, but those bearings look even thicker than mine, I think Xray bearings are maybe the weak link in all the quality

are those in the hubs, mine were used on the diff outdrives?
Old 04-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas-b4-b44 View Post
Yup, but those bearings look even thicker than mine, I think Xray bearings are maybe the weak link in all the quality

are those in the hubs, mine were used on the diff outdrives?
They are smaller versions useds in the alloy steering blocks, note the black colloar in the alloy block. It's the first time those bearings have been removed for a proper clean in 12 months, all other bearings are intact. I've never had a bearing break like this in the 30 years I've been racing. Had a few seize up in my time though.