Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 28-07-2013

Default St. Albans Offroad scalers

We're a small community interested in 10th Scale Radio Control cars. Our aim is to find like minded people interested in having fun with there RC cars in the area. We mainly enjoy trailing and hill climbing with scale crawlers and in the future are looking to put on trail competitions for some fun.

Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4107...=group_comment

all scale crawlers/crawlers welcome.
Old 28-07-2013

That sounds great mate a rc group back in St. Albans I raced at St. Albans buggy club back in the 80,a with my optima pro . Good luck and keep us up to date with how you get on . Daz
Old 28-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Since you are based locally, pop some info into the shop and we will help promote it for you and if you have any flyers etc we can include them with all of our crawler/scale kits that we sell if it helps in any way......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 28-07-2013

Thanks pal
Old 28-07-2013

Sounds good Darren, much appreciated. we have only just started the group really but we have had a little tiny booklet of stickers made up just for us at the moment but i shall speak to the group and see if we can get some flyers made up
Cheers
Old 12-08-2013

Default Meets

Hi Carbon, any plans for meets in the near future, I'm in Essex and would be keen to come and have a look.
Cheers Neil.

E-mail njsmithdesign@aol.co.uk

www.ndesigncustompaint.com
Old 12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon1986 View Post
Sounds good Darren, much appreciated. we have only just started the group really but we have had a little tiny booklet of stickers made up just for us at the moment but i shall speak to the group and see if we can get some flyers made up
Cheers
check out northants group on ukrcrc forum - think they are planning a meet next sun 18 aug at either chicksands or clophill (not too far away ! )

might be a good way to meet fellow crawlers :-)

hope this helps
Old 13-08-2013

Hi

I am part of the group that meet in the Northants area. As Chris says, watch the forum as we should be having a meet this Sunday. There is also a London group that meet on the last Sunday of every month at venues round the M25. One of the sites is a brilliant location in Hatfield.

If you want more info drop me a PM with your email :-)

Cheers

Andy
Old 14-08-2013

Pm'd

E-mail njsmithdesign@aol.co.uk

www.ndesigncustompaint.com
Old 23-10-2013

hi,
unfortunately I am not close to you guys but am just looking to get into scale 1:10th rc. returnie to the whole rc game after 25 years out and only bashed as a kid.
do any of you know of any groups like this up near Shrewsbury? and who and where to get some good info, kit etc.?
sorry to jump in on your thread but this is the first time I have looked on here in regard to the scale scene, is there one in the uk?

thanks
matt
Old 26-10-2013

Check out "scalerc" or "ukrcrc" for groups who crawl near you,but you will find that it is a very small rc community compared with buggy racers,I do scale crawling and have also done the 2.2 crawler nats,most meeting that are held are attended by people from all over this country so don't expect anywhere near you,I'm from chester and I go to thurstaton country park in the Wirral,fairy glen in parbold,hunters hill near parbold,crick trails park near Matlock,black rock or heights of Abraham near Matlock,you first need to get a scaler -axial scx10 is far the best as everyone has these as a starter then you try and find some hills/rocks/forest get used to driving slow you may need to change the motor and pinion to lower ones(I did) to a 45/55 turn motor and a smaller pinion to get the torque that the truck requires,don't be tempted by the offering of RC4WD until you are more used to scratch building and adapting parts...
As I've said have a look at the other sites and speak to the members...
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...